Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find me a home

Options
  • 15-09-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭

Find me a home on RTE 1 now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Was kinda crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah bit of a pointless feel to the whole thing, prices werent even that shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

A I don't know the negative equity thing :eek:. Negative equity as a stroy seem to have fall out of the news a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Watched it last week. Was it just me or were 2 estate agents caught out with phantom bids and had to go back to the "underbidder"? :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

one Or 2 people withdrew their bids on a house ,so the next person in line got the house,
    Looking at the program its impossible to tell were they phantom bidders .
    or someone who just changed their mind after a few days .
    the bidder who won got the house at price he offered .
    he put in one bid ,after a few days it was accepted .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

mariaalice wrote: »
    A I don't know the negative equity thing :eek:. Negative equity as a stroy seem to have fall out of the news a bit.

The thing that struck me here was how can there be a situation with 2 people at 65 about to retire 10 years into a mortgage (no idea how much but in negative equity) on a 450000 apartment. They would want to have a serious amount of equity to trade up to that amount at their age, however it seems they didn't. Mind boggles as to how they got approval for such a large amount at their age and why they took it on. Did no one think about how they could afford mortgage 10 years in when they were pensioners???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

No lessons learned. When we see this kind of crap returning to our tv screens its a true sign that the madness has returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Anyone see last nights episode.

The 3 bed 1930s terraced house asking 310k that went for over 450kni think in kimmage but more like Crumlin. Madness! The estate agent couldn't believe it himself.

Advertisement