Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent registered parcel by an post, tracking didn't update.

Options
  • 15-09-2016 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I have family living abroad. I mailed plenty of parcels to them with no problems. I always go with registered post.

I had a package ready for posting today. I'm from a rural town and I decided to avoid my local post office and go into the city with the parcel thinking it might skip a bit of the journey. Did this a few times and I had no problems before. I was in town very early and queued early at the post office this morning. I was in and out by 9.10 am this morning.

I checked the tracking number. It says item received at GPO at 9.04 am.

There might be an issue looming. Going from past experience there's usually some sort of an update to the tracking at this stage. As in by the end of the evening on the day of posting. Memory is poor as to exactly what words are used on tracking at this stage, like <br />
    Despatched from GPO, or
    On route to customer,or
    On route to mails centre Portloaise,

There is usually some sort of information update. There's been no update since I left the parcel at the counter this morning a few minutes past 9am. I presume the post office had mail to go out at some stage today. The only information is: item received at post office at 9.05 am.

It's probably too early and I'm probably anxious and cautious to early on. Will sleep well anyways tonight and check tracking again in the morning.

What happens when I check tracking tomorrow morning and if there's no update? What do I do then? Do I go back into town and see if the parcel has been sent? Or There's a phone number online on the an post tracking page. Do I phone that?

Did any one else ever have problems with registered posting and tracking not updating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

No problem here after all. Just after receiving an update on the tracking. Just there at 9pm. I knew there was an update on tracking due.

On route to customer - athlone mail centre,

Happy days.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Registered Post is only a guarantee of delivery, not of speedy delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

You should hand deliver it yourself if you want it delivered to your standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@The Raptor - please try to be helpful.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

<SNIP> Content removed. Please send me a PM on this matter.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

I had a package ready for posting today. I'm from a rural town and I decided to avoid my local post office and go into the city with the parcel thinking it might skip a bit of the journey.
    There's no speed advantage no matter where an item is posted once it is posted before the daily collection time.

For very rural post offices this can be as early as 2pm and for main town post offices it can be closing time. The times are posted inside the post offices.

So once you get it by the stated cut-off time there's no delivery time advantage. Tracking then gets updated as it passes through the sorting facility overnight. Usually anytime from 8pm to early hours of the morning.

Advertisement