Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling Remote Access of CCTV System

Options
  • 15-09-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I have recently acquired a cctv system (Gigamedia AHD). The cctv system itself was easy to setup and I have a test camera installed . I am now trying to setup the remote viewing app and/or website as the main reason for purchasing it was to be able to check the house if the alarm was triggered.

I am a a newbie to configuring anything like this and the manual certainly isnt any help. It just says to enable remote access type "https://192.168.1.100" in the browser and shows the login screen. However, when I try this I get a timeout window in my browser.

I've attached snapshopts of the network configuration screens - is there something within this that I need to edit to enable the remote access?

2016-09-15 20.49.26.jpg

2016-09-15 20.49.38.jpg

2016-09-15 20.49.44.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Are you on virgin? I'd you're you are proberly on ip6 up range, which can port forwatds/remote properly
    You will have to call them to request to be put on the ip4 range

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

I'm on Imagine LTE

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

maybe get your post moved to the home security section.. cctv is covered over there,
    i am unsure of imagine what ip they use...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You need to have the Gateway IP exactly the same on both the DVR and Router for the App to connect.

Unless the newer ones have changed, Web Browser remote access was only available through Internet Explorer if I remember correctly. Would not work through other browsers.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fitzie79 wrote: »
    I'm on Imagine LTE

You need to request a public IP from Imagine as the first step then, right now you're behind CGN that will prevent access.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    You need to request a public IP from Imagine as the first step then, right now you're behind CGN that will prevent access.

Do you mean a "Static" external IP Ed?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Do you mean a "Static" external IP Ed?

Doesnt have to be static, but thats what they will probably give. Just needs to be public.

ED E wrote: »
    Doesnt have to be static, but thats what they will probably give. Just needs to be public.

I assume there will be a charge for that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I have recently acquired a cctv system (Gigamedia AHD). The cctv system itself was easy to setup and I have a test camera installed . I am now trying to setup the remote viewing app and/or website as the main reason for purchasing it was to be able to check the house if the alarm was triggered.

I am a a newbie to configuring anything like this and the manual certainly isnt any help. It just says to enable remote access type "https://192.168.1.100" in the browser and shows the login screen. However, when I try this I get a timeout window in my browser.

I've attached snapshopts of the network configuration screens - is there something within this that I need to edit to enable the remote access?

2016-09-15 20.49.26.jpg

2016-09-15 20.49.38.jpg

2016-09-15 20.49.44.jpg

When trying to access the admin of the system are you typing "https://192.168.1.100" or https://192.168.15.22?

Your internal network appears to be on the 192.168.15.0 subnet rather than 192.168.1.0

When trying to access the admin of the system are you typing "https://192.168.1.100" or https://192.168.15.22?

Your internal network appears to be on the 192.168.15.0 subnet rather than 192.168.1.0

I've tried both and I get a "Can't reach this page" error on both addresses

I'll ring Imagine on Monday to see if they can setup the public ip address.

Should I be able to access the DVR on my own internal network even without imagine setting up the public ip address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I've tried both and I get a "Can't reach this page" error on both addresses

I'll ring Imagine on Monday to see if they can setup the public ip address.

Should I be able to access the DVR on my own internal network even without imagine setting up the public ip address?

Yes you should using the IP address 192.168.15.22

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Enable dhcp for both the cctv(second posted image) and your pc. Then try 191.168.15.22.

thanks for your help. I'm able to see the dvr of the cctv system now on my own network. I still have issues with it but they're probably best put on the home security forum. Once I can login to the cctv system on the home network I'll then try the remote access again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Who is the best ISP to go with for static/Public IP? Vodafone are e25 per month thats with 10G data ,dont need 10G but thats deal.Anyone getting cheaper deals?

Who is the best ISP to go with for static/Public IP? Vodafone are e25 per month thats with 10G data ,dont need 10G but thats deal.Anyone getting cheaper deals?

The norm would be Eir for €45-50/mo. If Vodafone offer a public address on their Midband packages thats the best you'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Seems an ok good deal so.
    I should add that its my companies business account that deal was quoted for so not sure if the ordinary punter would get the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

2016-09-15 20.49.26.jpg

2016-09-15 20.49.38.jpg

2016-09-15 20.49.44.jpg

Also with Imagine and have a CCTV system working without issue

In my instance I am not using IMAGINES router for DHCP or DNS and they were able add my existing router into the DMZ on their router for pass through of all traffic.

With Imagine you cannot get access to the router. In order for you to be able access the CCTV you will need a) A static IP from Imagine which they can setup in 5 minutes and b) A port forwarding rule

If you have a Huawei unit from Imagine it will give connected devices a 192.168.1.x address and below example is based on this

1)Call Imagine and ask for a static external IP
    2)Ask them to assign a static internal IP of 192.168.1.22 for example for the CCTV NVR
    3) Ask them to setup a port forward on 192.168.1.22 on port 37777 (obsecure port never use 80)
    4) On your CCTV system set the Static check button
    5) Set IP address as 192.168.1.22
    6) Subnet as 255.255.255.0
    7) Gateway as 192.168.1.1
    8) Use google DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    9)Client port 9000 and HTTP port of 37777

You should now be able connect to the CCTV system using what ever app you have with the IP as the static external IP from IMAGINE and the port of 37777. You will also need enter the CCTV NVR/DVR username and password

Advertisement