Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So tonight an armed robber saved me two Euro!!.

• 15-09-2016 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, an armed robber saved me two Euro ~ and more over time :D

Long story short, on the way home from the gym and I'm in the mood for an early night with my new book and a few glasses of whiskey so into the off license I go.

I order a naggin of Powers whiskey with a tenner in my hand;

"That'll be €11:99".. Sh*t I've to go routing for change now.. I look up and there's a new 'assistant' behind the counter (I thought he was cashing up early) and the first lad says "I'll serve you in a minute".

The new 'assistant' legs it out the door.

"Sorry mate, we've just been robbed I can't serve you now"

'Seriously, was that a robber?.. 'Yes, he had a knife too, but there's a super market up the road you'll make it before it closes.

So I go to the super market, and the Power Whiskey is only €9:99 ~ HAPPY FOOKING DAYS :D

I've kept the names out of the post, but if anyone is living beside the Hilton Hotel on the Malahide Road and wondering why the off license is a crime scene, well there ya go :pac:

Had to share, 'tis the little things eh :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jesus that's something. Will you have to give a witness statement to the guards or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why didn't you go after him and smack him with some good auld bottle of whisskey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

thats really messed up man

disgusting really . this country is ruined of decent hard working people

drinking powers ?

Im really sorry for your troubles mate really sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jesus that's something. Will you have to give a witness statement to the guards or anything?

That's the mad bit too.. The real assistant asks myself and another customer to leave now because they've to lock up the shop, and off we went to the super market.

Its all a bit mad really. I'm guessing its a regular enough occurrence.

I rang Coolock Garda Station and left my details, so I guess I'll be giving some kind of statement ~ but not tonight, because I'm going to bed early with my €9:99 naggin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You were standing in front of an armed robbery and you didn't even notice?! I'm glad you weren't the cashier, when you're that oblivious!!! Stabitty stab stab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Long story short, on the way home from the gym and I'm in the mood for an early night with my new book and a few glasses of whiskey so into the off license I go.

"That'll be €11:99".. Sh*t I've to go routing for change now.. I look up and there's a new 'assistant' behind the counter (I thought he was cashing up early) and the first lad says "I'll serve you in a minute".

'Seriously, was that a robber?.. 'Yes, he had a knife too, but there's a super market up the road you'll make it before it closes.

So I go to the super market, and the Power Whiskey is only €9:99 ~ HAPPY FOOKING DAYS :D

I've kept the names out of the post, but if anyone is living beside the Hilton Hotel on the Malahide Road and wondering why the off license is a crime scene, well there ya go :pac:

You've a great attitude. Not the best taste in whiskey but you'll go far in life...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

jameson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Powers

Naggin in bed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

That's mad Ted, did the armed robber not clock the size of you?

The poor fug must've been off his trolley on meth or summot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Some work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Stop lying Makikomi.....

It was you who robbed the place :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CFlat

Stop lying Makikomi.....

It was you who robbed the place :pac:

Yea I reckon he's posting on Boards just after the offy closed so he has an alibi;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

See how the degenerate bandit thief struck the offie till so close to the 10pm closing hour? Time to enforce 24 hour off licence opening hours so we can eradicate this dreadfull criminality from our streets

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

GerB40 wrote: »
    You've a great attitude. Not the best taste in whiskey but you'll go far in life...
    Pound for pound it's the best Irish whiskey on the market today
    jameson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Powers
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Powers whiskey is the best Irish whiskey to drink. Too many folks up in here been brainjamesonwashed by 'the wire' tv programme

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm guessing its a regular enough occurrence.
    Way back when renting videos used to be a lucrative business I had a part time job in a local rental place (remember those!). We'd regularly be done. To the point where it was no big deal. The owner came up with a 'staff compensation' solution. We only kept coins in the till. Notes went into the back room. Which was behind the back room. No scummer wanting to get in and out quickly ever bothered going back there. Just up to the counter, out with the syringe and out the door. We'd regularly have 3-400 quid in the back room, and if we were robbed, the (suggested by the owner) solution was 1. Call the guards, 2. Pocket all the notes and keep them, 3. Lock up and take an early night after the guards had left. The cash was all recorded and insured. Win win all round! This was early to mid nineties, so the added bonus is that the scummers in question have either turned their lives around by this stage (fair play), or have died lonely disease ridden deaths (also a win...?).

We used to look forward to being robbed... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

endacl wrote: »
    Way back when renting videos used to be a lucrative business I had a part time job in a local rental place (remember those!). We'd regularly be done. To the point where it was no big deal. The owner came up with a 'staff compensation' solution. We only kept coins in the till. Notes went into the back room. Which was behind the back room. No scummer wanting to get in and out quickly ever bothered going back there. Just up to the counter, out with the syringe and out the door. We'd regularly have 3-400 quid in the back room, and if we were robbed, the (suggested by the owner) solution was 1. Call the guards, 2. Pocket all the notes and keep them, 3. Lock up and take an early night after the guards had left. The cash was all recorded and insured. Win win all round! This was early to mid nineties, so the added bonus is that the scummers in question have either turned their lives around by this stage (fair play), or have died lonely disease ridden deaths (also a win...?).

We used to look forward to being robbed... :p

Damn, I couldn't bring myself to pocket the notes. That's just not right. I'd end up being guilt ridden for ages, and cursing myself for taking the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Damn, I couldn't bring myself to pocket the notes. That's just not right. I'd end up being guilt ridden for ages, and cursing myself for taking the money.

T'was the owner's idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That was mad, Mak.

When I was 18 I used to work pumping petrol on the northside (I was one of those guys that actually came out to you and pumped the petrol for you) a guy came in one night with jacket over what was supposed to look like a sawn off (but sure was most likely two broken sweeping brushes). He says: "Gimmie all the money in your till". I looked up from my book (Mailer's 'The Executioner's Song') and the convo then went pretty much exactly like this:

"Wha? Eh, there is no money, I just did a drop".
    "What's a drop mean"
    "Money is all rolled up and dropped into a security hole".
    "Open the hole".
    (I started laughing with nerves at this point)
    "You can't, it's like a hole, like a long hole thing, downwards, for anti-theft purposes".
    "So there's no money at all".
    "Nah... sorry".

He then just gave me an 'Ah don't worry about it' kinda nod and ran off.

Was the only bother I have had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Thinly veiled 'I go to the gym' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

OP, you're a bouncer and didn't even notice a guy with a weapon? :pac:

I work a few doors down from that place, never heard much about robberies tbh. Few junkies that come into the shops and throw the stock around and beg, but nothing much said abkut robberies.

Mad stuff. Your man must be used to it, to have stayed so calm! Staff in there are lovely, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Jayzus... I don't know how I'd cope in that situation. I work around the corner from there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Guess I was left out of the loop in not hearing of it happening there much! Just spoke to a colleague when I arrived at work, apparently that place has been robbed several times :eek: no wonder they're looking for staff at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

It wasn't a woman with a dog , was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

endacl wrote: »
    T'was the owner's idea.

There's robbers and robbers…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Thinly veiled 'I go to the gym' thread.

What I don't understand is why he didn't apprehend the robber and overpower him with his gym gainz until the fuzz got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You were still robbed you should have went to aldi and got 70 cl for €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Jayzus... I don't know how I'd cope in that situation. I work around the corner from there too.

Just get a tin of beans from some random woman's shopping bag and you know the rest :)

Advertisement