Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Liverpool, 16/9 8pm, Sky Sports 1

• 15-09-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭

FNL.jpg

Team News:

David Luiz will make his first start for Chelsea since rejoining the club in a £34m switch from Paris Saint-Germain. He replaces captain John Terry, who suffered an ankle ligament injury against Swansea last weekend.Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren is expected to return against Chelsea after missing Saturday's 4-1 win over Leicester because of a bruised eye.There could be a recall for Philippe Coutinho, who was rested for that game after a long flight from Brazil. Emre Can has been ruled out due to a lack of match fitness after returning to training this week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Friday night games

simpsons-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

3-1 to pool . Should be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

*puts Countinho in Fantasy Football Team *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shocking OP, American ****e.

1-2 to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Friday night games

Sadly disagree there was always Friday night games they just weren't Premier league who are constantly diluting the sport for £££

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

2-1 Chelsea, Luiz to give away a penalty and score the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Sadly disagree there was always Friday night games they just weren't Premier league who are constantly diluting the sport for £££

get some breakfast into you .. you will feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Costa with a 93min winner.
    But he should have been sent off because Lovren took him down with a sliding tackle, and it was Costa's fault because he shouldn't have been so close to the ball in the first place.

Panthro wrote: »
    Costa with a 93min winner.
    But he should have been sent off because Lovren took him down with a sliding tackle, and it was Costa's fault because he shouldn't have been so close to the ball in the first place.

#Costa Crimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Chelsea fans get so precious over Costa its quite funny........he's no angel lads, the way some go on you'd swear he never done wrong though......however he's one hell of a player, hitting form too and will definitely get on the score sheet......

Think Chelsea will hit their stride in this one and will win by one.

2-1 Chelsea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mane to run riot and Firmino to get a brace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

3-1 Chelsea

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Like most Liverpool games, I have no idea how tis one will turn out as they are a real Jekyll and Hyde team. Could be magnificent in a 1-3 win, or could be awful in an abject 3-0 defeat.

I'll firmly paint my colours to the fence I'm sitting on and go for 2-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

4-2 to Liverpool. Will be one of the top 5 games of the season.

Red Kev wrote: »
    4-2 to Liverpool. Will be one of the top 5 games of the season.

Think there's been 4 goals conceeded in Chelsea's first four games. Even without Terry at the back, I'd be very surprised if Chelsea let in 4.

I'm just hoping no Liverpool fan posts the cringey Henderson/Costa staring videoeen..... worse than handbags that rubbish was.

Panthro wrote: »
    Think there's been 4 goals conceeded in Chelsea's first four games. Even without Terry at the back, I'd be very surprised if Chelsea let in 4.

I don't think it'll happen either, but the reason you give it not relevant. Ye have played poor teams so far. Liverpool have scored more than any other team since Klopp has come in, and created more chances than any other team this season. Arsenal conceded 2 in their other 3 games, but 4 against Liverpool. Leicester had conceded 3 in their first 3 games, but conceded 4 against Liverpool.

None o fthat means that Liverpool will score 4 of course, but saying that Chelsea have only conceded 4 in 4 games is not a valid reason why they won't concede 4 this time either.

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't think it'll happen either, but the reason you give it not relevant. Ye have played poor teams so far. Liverpool have scored more than any other team since Klopp has come in, and created more chances than any other team this season. Arsenal conceded 2 in their other 3 games, but 4 against Liverpool. Leicester had conceded 3 in their first 3 games, but conceded 4 against Liverpool.

None o fthat means that Liverpool will score 4 of course, but saying that Chelsea have only conceded 4 in 4 games is not a valid reason why they won't concede 4 this time either.

I'm saying at the back chelsea have tightened things up.
    But more importantly, and I can't stress this enough..
    KANTE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Even without Terry,I imagine Chelsea's centre back pairing will be a lot more experienced than Arsenal's was when you put 4 past them.

• Advertisement

I was being sarcastic anyway. I'm always sarcastic, it's great.

greendom wrote: »
    Even without Terry,I imagine Chelsea's centre back pairing will be a lot more experienced than Arsenal's was when you put 4 past them.

I'm not saying it's going to happen (and I don't think it will), just that past indicator is not a guarantee of future performance, etc. Also, Luis and his mad dashing runs will be back for Chelsea tonight. I think there will be goals in the game anyhow, although I've probably jinxed it into a boring 0-0.

I'm not saying it's going to happen (and I don't think it will), just that past indicator is not a guarantee of future performance, etc. Also, Luis and his mad dashing runs will be back for Chelsea tonight. I think there will be goals in the game anyhow, although I've probably jinxed it into a boring 0-0.

Luiz will be a different player, he often went off carrying the ball as he had Mikel and or Ramires in front of him, neither actively looked for the ball, with Kante or Cesc, we've CMs that are comfortable on the ball and show for it, negating the need for any Cb to start carrying it towards the half way line.

Now, he'll probably still do something hair brained at some stage but you expect that. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm just hoping no Liverpool fan posts the cringey Henderson/Costa staring videoeen..... worse than handbags that rubbish was.

Get outta that. . . Epic moment

vw2H6w.gif

callaway92 wrote: »
    Get outta that. . . Epic moment

vw2H6w.gif

Reckon that was just a sly dig at a sap that posted the gif yesterday.

I was being sarcastic anyway. I'm always sarcastic, it's great.

okay :)

get some breakfast into you .. you will feel better.

As a Fundalk man I thought you'd agree at least ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Chelsea 2 - Liverpool 3

Liverpool take an early 2 nil lead through Firminio and Mane but pressure from Chelsea and some "inventive" play from Hazard and Costa brings it back to two all.

Right at the death, the much maligned, Moreno fires a Rise-esque shot into the top corner to give three points to Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

brevity wrote: »
    Chelsea 3 - Liverpool 2

Liverpool take an early 2 nil lead through Firminio and Mane but pressure from Chelsea and some "inventive" play from Hazard and Costa brings it back to two all.

Right at the death, the much maligned, Moreno fires a Rise-esque shot into the top corner to give three points to Chelsea.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We won our last game, so chances are we lose this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Convincing 0-0 win for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

superb performance ending ultimately in the usual loss after a good performance by lfc

Reckon that was just a sly dig at a sap that posted the gif yesterday.

I reckon you are wrong. In fact, I know you are wrong old boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I can see Hazard having some fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Costa 3 Pool 0

• Advertisement

I'm expecting a Utd v Pool sub-thread to break out at some point tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shocking OP, American ****e.

1-2 to Liverpool
    One of the best tv shows ever but yeah it's not a great one for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm expecting a Utd v Pool sub-thread to break out at some point tonight.

No way! that never happens after one of them loses a game and the other one plays shortly after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A draw is the desired outcome, high scoring one.

Costa will frighten the Pool

https://youtu.be/BEy_dxFYq84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't believe noone has called for this gif to be posted yet.

vw2H6w.gif

Can won't start I expect given what klopp said in yesterday's press con.

Might be no bad move to leave coutinho on the bench, Firmino, Sturridge, lallana & mane all merit inclusion in the starting 11 and a #10 fest isn't what's needed away to Chelsea IMO.

Can't believe noone has called for this gif to be posted yet.

vw2H6w.gif

Fairly sure some sap posted that all ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    I reckon you are wrong. In fact, I know you are wrong old boy.

Speaking of handbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fairly sure some sap posted that all ready

D'oh I should have read the thread from the start :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Chelsea need another center back, even Kante has his work cut out to protect a 35 year old Terry and a mediocre Cahill.

Is Conte going to use a 352 to accommodate Luiz, can't really see that working out.

Score draw.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Chelsea need another center back, even Kante has his work cut out to protect a 35 year old Terry and a mediocre Cahill.

Is Conte going to use a 352 to accommodate Luiz, can't really see that working out.

Score draw.

:confused:

Terry is out injured. Conte isn't going to move to a 3-5-2 out of the blue tonight, it's been 4-2-3-1 every game so far and I expect the same tonight. It might actually make sense playing 2 CDMs against Liverpool, who have strength in midfield. (We played with 2 even when it made no sense against the likes of Bournemouth.)

It will be:

Courtois
    Ivanovic-Cahill-Luiz-Azp
    Kante-Matic
    Willian-Oscar-Hazard
    Costa

I have no clue what the score is going to be, it's both my favourite and least favourite thing about playing Liverpool. Absolutely anything can happen. The only predictable thing about this match is Costa getting sent off (or the ref bottling sending him off.)

Speaking of handbags.

..... directing that at corwilly would be more appropriate.

Firmino has a minor niggle and will start on the bench apparently. That solves whether Coutinho will start or not anyhow I guess.

In Kammy's walk round the dressing room, Firmino's kit wasn't laid out at all it seemed. He might not even be on the bench going by that. We'll find out soon anyhow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement