Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Liverpool, 16/9 8pm, Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Diving pr*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Pool making hard work of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Weird free kick decision there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Good subs by Klopp tonight, hopefully Stewart will help us close out the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Ball 1st the the leg is left by Haz to draw the foul, done all the time

Well done Wij, best game in a pool shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Fabergas shouting for handball there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Hoofball frm Chelsea

Sideshow actually does look like he took a smack of a rake tonight

• Advertisement

We've defended brilliantly tonight.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I dunno, his sharpness is actually letting him down.....kinda a big game to come back into IMO

I know his sharpness is letting him down :)
    That's to be expected or at least it's not surprising. He's not exactly Messi at his best.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Even when Liverpool hold out, they never make it easy for themselves.

Great result though.

Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Good win.

Should've been a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lovely.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Bowel movements can recommence.

Fully deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Conte had a mare tonight, hopefully it continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    I know his sharpness is letting him down :)
    That's to be expected or at least it's not surprising. He's not exactly Messi at his best.

I know, i just mean I dont think its the game he should come on in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not the best game of football, Pool fans won't care.

If Liverpool could keep a clean sheet they would be dangerous.

• Advertisement

Klopp hugging everyone is my favourite part of our matches.

Delighted! Great performance all round.

That's also exactly why I'm delighted we held onto Lucas. When you need to hold, he comes up with the blocks and interceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Pathetic for the most part from Chelsea. Liverpool worthy and deserved winners.

Couldn't complain after that. No contentious decisions either way. Well earned 3 pts and hendo with goal of month in the bag :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

SlickRic wrote: »
    Good win.

Should've been a whole lot easier.

I don't get this, Pool's style of play means they are going to get tired and leggy later on in games, and invite the other team in.

Chelsea are no mugs and can take advantage of that.

Klopp made changes to contain Chelsea, and in truth Pool never really looked in any real danger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Panthro wrote: »
    Costa will frighten the Pool

https://youtu.be/BEy_dxFYq84

Lol.

Great result. Fairly comfortable in the end and blue balls all round.

Great result, funny thread.

Cheers to all the neutrals for making it a great read :D

3 points and it's not even the weekend yet! Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Deserved win for Liverpool. Better team for 60+ mins and defended pretty well throughout.

We were woeful for the first 30 mins and left too much to do but might have salvaged something late on.

Costa and Kante are singlehandedly keeping us in games at the minute.

Luiz had a very good game but no doubt the Muppets in the studio will find a reason to have a go while Cahill gets away scot free.

Surprised Conte left it so late to make changes but maybe he thought our fitness might tell late on.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fair play to Liverpool, totally outplayed us tonight and deserved the win. Probably should have had a couple more too.

Not much I can say about Chelsea other than I never want to see utter shite like that ever again.

Edit: great goal from Henderson too, well done.

I don't get this, Pool's style of play means they are going to get tired and leggy later on in games, and invite the other team in.

Klopp made changes to contain Chelsea, and in truth Pool never really looked in any real danger

We should've scored more. It's not difficult to understand.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    We should've scored more. It's not difficult to understand.

harsh, and impossible to live up to - teams never take all their chances, and to take 2 chances in a game like that to go 2 up, then force Chelsea out, is pretty good.

what's in the yellow box?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Costa missed his old sparing partner skrtel tonight I've never seen him so calm.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

what's in the yellow box?

Her pretty little head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Great result tonight obviously,but just going back to Martin Tyler,surely his employers can see his obvious disdain for Liverpool,it really is obvious now." cahil heads it out,its picked up by Henderson,oh it's ah it's just gone in there, yea it's a goal there I'd say Gary is it? What a prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Easy peasy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Great result tonight obviously,but just going back to Martin Tyler,surely his employers can see his obvious disdain for Liverpool,it really is obvious now." cahil heads it out,its picked up by Henderson,oh it's ah it's just gone in there, yea it's a goal there I'd say Gary is it? What a prick

He has shown plenty of emotion when commentating on Liverpool in the past. Here are some examples (filmed on a potato):

shamrock55 wrote: »

He has shown plenty of emotion when commentating on Liverpool in the past. Here are some examples (filmed on a potato):

They're not the best examples to be fair...they're all some of the most iconic moments in recent LFC history, a little more likely than most to evoke emotion.

I still haven't seen today's reaction, or lack thereof though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

The only intentional change I can recall to close the game out was Lucas, and that so very nearly ended up as a disaster.

The last 20 minutes were in general alright for us. I think Chelsea were found out here given they've been fortunate at times this season. A better team would have taken advantage of our "leggyness" as you put it.

• Advertisement

Tyler is entitled to be as unemotional as he wants.

It's more grating when they have him on with Neville, who sounded like he wanted to be anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I like listening to Neville but he's a joke of a commentator on our games. Trying to blame Cech for Coutinho's free kick was just cringeworthy. Thankfully I couldn't hear him or Tyler last night.

Neville has never been a good commentator regardless of team imo.

He should stick to the punditry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

At least we don't have to hear Neville on European games anymore. Anytime an english club got over the half way line he got excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have to say I enjoyed his commentary last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Reading back through the thread I noticed a somewhat strange fixation from Liverpool fans about the commentators reaction (not the first time) I don't get it at all, I personally didn't even notice what was being said, I didn't care, Liverpool were after scoring I was happy.

Anyway as for the game, very impressive from Liverpool, really blitzed Chelsea in the first half and when Chelsea scored Liverpool managed to calmly see out the game with some measured keep ball, not something I've seen them do too much of, so it was both pleasing and surprising.

I thought both Hendo and Wijnaldum were fantastic, Hendo has his critics but they must have short memories of how his sending off was actually pivotal in costing Liverpool the league a couple of years ago, he'd an injury plagued year last year, hopefully he stays fully fit and what a goal btw! Gini was bossing it beside Hendo too, some very cute calm football in tight spaces, I was impressed, he's been quietly impressive thus far. Matip another that is giving me confidence going forward that the defence might be tightening upif him and Lovren can get a run of games together. I have to say I had a couple of roars at the screen at Lucas, just felt he came on and was not really up to speed with the game, people can debate whether Hazard bought the free off him but he's still hanging the leg out and tackling from an awkward angle, as well as that there was at least two occasions wheres he panicked and just slashed it out of play and kept the pressure on us when a bit of composure would have seen him make simple passes out and allow us to carry on passing it around and killing off Chelsea, very minor criticism in an all round very satisfying display. Great start to the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

shamrock55 wrote:

During the run in when Gerrard famously slipped on his hole and ruined everything for Liverpool *snigger* , Tyler was so unenthusiastic commentating on Manchester City it was ridiculous, obviously wanted Liverpool to win the title

During the run in when Gerrard famously slipped on his hole and ruined everything for Liverpool *snigger* , Tyler was so unenthusiastic commentating on Manchester City it was ridiculous, obviously wanted Liverpool to win the title

Only City weren't playing that day.

Oops

Rival fans getting annoyed at Liverpool fans annoyance at Neville and Tyler.

Ah jaysus!

RoboKlopp wrote:

I'm saying during the run in, not during the game obviously

RoboKlopp wrote:

Do you remember Dzeko scoring away to Everton and Tyler was clearly disgusted?

• Advertisement
Advertisement