Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual TodayFM/ Topflight rip off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

darka78 wrote: »
    I wish we had Dublin-Innsbruck direct flights.

I've been wishing this for years, would make going to Mayrhofen so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

thank you for your suggestion, I will definitely consider those 2. We always went separate not as package. We find it better not sure if cheaper but days of the week buying as package not always suitable for us. Munich would be the closest to Ischgl? And Memmingen,Salzburg to Saalbach from Dublin? I wish we had Dublin-Innsbruck direct flights.

Yes I agree the lack of Innsbruck flights is irritating to say the least..

We normally do 10 nights all separately and it usually works out the same as a 7 days package price if that’s makes sense!

When we went to St Anton we got the train flew to Zurich and trained it.. same for our first trip to Ischgl (Landeck stop) Taxi 30 mins away…
    The rest of the time we got a private transfer from Munich to all resorts – works out quicker time wise.

You know you can buy flight through crystal ski to Innsbruck?
    The cost like €350 each we did it last Christmas and did a week in St Anton… we booked everything else separately.
    its worth a look! Get you to the resorts quickly… yes its expensive but if your only doing 7 days the longer you get on the piste the better!

Saalbach and mayrhofen are also worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

Crystal seem to be flying to Salzburg this year from Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

jvan wrote: »
    Crystal seem to be flying to Salzburg this year from Dublin :(

Ahhh crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Haven't been to kitz but I thought ischgl was class, one of the resorts I'd love to go back to. Lift system was superb though there were bad queues on a weekend morning, food good and its a nice quaint town, ski area is great a few nice blacks and long fun run down to Switzerland.

Very expensive though. Ski hire was eye watering, though that was pre the St Anton lads being done for the cartel so maybe that's changed.

St anton has a very poor lift system in my view, ischgl puts it to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Hang on a sec this is the top flight thread how did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭darka78

a148pro wrote: »
    Hang on a sec this is the top flight thread how did that happen?

my fault, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

cocker5 wrote: »
    I can only go by my experiences.. no desire to go back full stop.. wouldn't recommend it for all the reasons i stated above....

you seem to have a serious issue with both Ischgl and St Anton.. that's grand but we will have to agree to disagree on this one I'm afraid!

Absolutely no issue with St Anton or Ischgel both excellent resorts, however noting unique or exceptional compared to their piers, and you can get the similar experience or better for lower prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Fattes,

what is you top 3 ski resorts in Europe?

Almost impossible agggghhh

My home resort where I live is probably number 1 but excluding it.

- Mayrhofen,and the Zillertal valley it has a bit of everything and holds many happy memories for me.

- Verbier, amazing terrain and slopes, incredible nightlife and a huge area.

- Madonna di Campiglio, the scenery, food and skiing are all amazing

Honourable mentions for Courmayer, Äre, Sante Foy, Garmisch, Saas fee ( I was married there) and St Anton

For North America, Revelstoke, Red mountain, kicking horse, Breck!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭darka78

Fattes wrote: »
    Almost impossible agggghhh

My home resort where I live is probably number 1 but excluding it.

- Mayrhofen,and the Zillertal valley it has a bit of everything and holds many happy memories for me.

- Verbier, amazing terrain and slopes, incredible nightlife and a huge area.

- Madonna di Campiglio, the scenery, food and skiing are all amazing

Honourable mentions for Courmayer, Äre, Sante Foy, Garmisch, Saas fee ( I was married there) and St Anton

For North America, Revelstoke, Red mountain, kicking horse, Breck!

Thanks Fattes that is a list of ski resorts in this century for me to visit hehe. Will start from Madonna I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement