Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

He was lucky the other team imploded last week. Every week he thought nothing about the task, his only thought was how can Dillon show that he is really creative.

I can see him with LovinDublins Top Ten Xmas Takeaway Coffee Cups soon enough.

I don't see the link between him being creative and ending up working for LovinDublin. He already works in a creative industry where his skills are utilised.

Two things about last night:

Karren is a caricature. When Courtney was joking about Trishna losing to him, it was clearly light-hearted and Karren rolled her eyes. Lighten up, Karren!

I loved 'Leave no badger behind!'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    I don't see the link between him being creative and ending up working for LovinDublin. He already works in a creative industry where his skills are utilised.

Two things about last night:

Karren is a caricature. When Courtney was joking about Trishna losing to him, it was clearly light-hearted and Karren rolled her eyes. Lighten up, Karren!

I loved 'Leave no badger behind!'. :D

He works for Irish Tatler. It's hardly Cosmo or even Hello. You'd swear he was Anna Wintour the way he went on.

He works for Irish Tatler. It's hardly Cosmo or even Hello. You'd swear he was Anna Wintour the way he went on.

That would still be a competitive industry to get on in. Moreso probably because the Irish magazine market is tiny. Even in lil ol' Ireland, his would be a coveted position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

<SNIP> - probably not a good idea to post this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would imagine the winner will be the person with the best business plan that suited Alan Sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Did Breffnie Morgan get fired yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

ahlookit wrote: »
    Whoever has the best business plan will win it - not whoever has been best in tasks up til this point.

For example, look at Dillon's business idea. Magazines are dying - why have an app that replicates a dying format?

Are the business plans (or business ideas) released?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just catching up now...Dillon has barely one redeeming quality.

Arrogant, lacking in self awareness and dismissive of anyone who disagrees with him.

Nobody has ever come off worse in the 'You're Fired' show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

SlickRic wrote: »

Arrogant, lacking in self awareness and dismissive of anyone who disagrees with him.

He was literally useless. Him and Makhei were the worst candidates I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

He was literally useless. Him and Makhei were the worst candidates I've ever seen.

The arrogance and egos of most of the contestants on the show completely outweighs their talent.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

I couldn't agree less. I actually said to my fella after the 'You're Fired' show that he came across as unusually decent for an Apprentice candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Anyone know the 'small rural town' he's from? I'm thinking Bray or somewhere not remotely in the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Are the business plans (or business ideas) released?

They usually only discuss them at interview stage. Sometimes fired contestants mention it on "Youre Fired". The first year of this format was a farce as the guy who won clearly wasnt the best throughout the tasks, but had some sort of nail file patent and contacts in Boots (I think) that Sugar wanted to get a piece of.
    pooch90 wrote: »
    Anyone know the 'small rural town' he's from? I'm thinking Bray or somewhere not remotely in the sticks

Googled him - he's called Paul Dillon and from Limerick. Christ only knows what he'd refer to some places as if Limerick is a small rural town.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Just catching up did grainne say she has a 14 year old son

Fire her immediately...................... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Fire her immediately...................... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fired for becoming a mother at 16? The Daily Mail would lap that up... :rolleyes: ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

dinneenp wrote: »

My favourite quote from that article:
    The businesswoman from Dromintee, near Newry, gave birth to 15-year-old Ryan when she was just 16.

Giving birth to a 15 year old, that must have hurt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

He is from Castletroy in Limerick and he studied in the Limerick College of Art and Design so his sob story in the board room was a complete load of BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I loved Alan Sugar in the board room when Dillon tried to give his sob story and he was just having none of it saying Sophiene (or however you spell his name) arrived with only £100 in his pocket and Grainne was a teenage single mother so his small town gay man sob story didn't get very far and he let himself down trying to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

ElNino wrote: »
    He is from Castletroy in Limerick and he studied in the Limerick College of Art and Design so his sob story in the board room was a complete load of BS.

yes...smacked of desperation. Not the type of thing you want to be remembered for from the show.

• Advertisement

According to his Linkedin profile, he went to secondary school in Limerick City so if he lived in a rural location, it can't have been very far from the city. He also went to college in Limerick.

My favourite quote from that article:

Giving birth to a 15 year old, that must have hurt :eek:

Reminds me of this. :D

Ginger.jpg

So whoever survives this episode makes it to the interview stage
    So who will go ? Who deserves to get to the next stage most ?
    I can see Francis or Trisna going this week

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Gin marketing task: Mr. 7/9 Wins vs Grainya (excuse the spelling.).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Alanna is so weak she has to go really. Never stands up for herself decisively

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Grainne seems like a a decent sort IRL. Lots of school visits etc round here, comes across as focussed and driven but pleasant with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Alana will be eaten alive if her team lose.

And yer man is just bloody useless. How is he still in this?

Ah jaysus Francis your team is ignoring you as they are too busy getting pissed hahaha

• Advertisement

Ah this show is ridiculous at this stage... we have the 2 girls getting pissed and Courtney and whatshername doing whatever on the other side

Fire the lot of them Alan.

Advertisement