Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

"The public are not experts"Could be bite his bum words later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Woman in the green dress is way too excited. :rolleyes:

cringing for her..

there are a lot of candidates..

out of the loop a bit - didn't watch it the last few years.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Who's your one from Norn Iron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Liking Rhod Gilbert hosting You're Fired, got it's groove back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Fired Lady is funny though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

God they're an awful bunch of w@nkers, can't stand a single one of them, which only means I'll have all the more fun laughing at them on a weekly basis.

Usually not one to comment on someone's appearance, but what's the story with your man's unibrow? Are unibrows considered fashionable these days (I can't keep up with the trends myself), because unless it is a fashionable thing why the f**k wouldn't he shave it - even if he couldn't be arsed doing it himself, when you go to the barbers these days for a haircut they tend to throw in a free trim of the eyebrows, I'm sure they could do something for him...

Big Rhod Gilbert fan, so glad to see he brought a bit of much needed umph back to You're Fired.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I didn't think the project manager deserved to be fired but jaysus she'd an awful resting bitch face. Don't think I saw her smile once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

do they have Jessica there just for a giggle at her expense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bobbyss wrote: »
    Who's your one from Norn Iron?

Grainne McCoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nine men and nine women. All aged between 24 and 38. All conventionally good-looking. One candidate each from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland; the rest from England, mainly London and Essex. One black candidate; several others of Asian descent.

As expected, really. :rolleyes: ;)

I'd say quite a few are not good-looking, but they do tick all the demographic boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You're Fired is worlds better this year.

Rhod Gilbert is so much better hosting this show than Jack Dee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

One of the women did this annoying joke thing two or three times, where she pretended she about to drop a valuable item and then caught it at the last moment.
    I'm hoping (and I'm sure I'm not alone) that the reason this was part of the edit is that she continues to do this and it goes spectacularly wrong for her in a future episode.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

You're Fired is worlds better this year.

Rhod Gilbert is so much better hosting this show than Jack Dee.

Didn't get to see the episode, but this is encouraging to hear. Great to see that clown Romesh isn't back either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Nothing in the BBC press release that suggests that Romesh will be returning...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/rhod-gilbert-hired-fired

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mock the week is finished so expect Romesh back soon.

Mock the week was filmed months ago as was the apprentice. He won't be back this season.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Still doesn't mean Romesh will be back. Sorry. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Still doesn't mean Romesh will be back. Sorry. :o

He might be back as a guest panellist but certainly not a regular.

When are the episodes recorded? Was this weeks episode recorded last week or what?
    Come the final, if there is a lapse between the showing of the last episode ad the real time finish, how come nobody knows the result before transmission?

When are the episodes recorded? Was this weeks episode recorded last week or what?
    Come the final, if there is a lapse between the showing of the last episode ad the real time finish, how come nobody knows the result before transmission?

I presume it's in all of their contracts to keep it secret. Same with X Factor, the final 12 are picked before any of the shows are shown.

pilly wrote: »
    I presume it's in all of their contracts to keep it secret. Same with X Factor, the final 12 are picked before any of the shows are shown.

If you were in the know you would make a lot of money by a visit to paddy power!

If you were in the know you would make a lot of money by a visit to paddy power!

Yeah, never thought of that. Maybe Paddy Power don't take bets after a certain time though or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Bets haven't opened yet on the Apprentice 2016, the bookies are still trying to gauge who are likely to be in the final and win.

All contestants would have signed a non-disclosure agreement with the producers when it was filmed back in the summertime.
    Last year Mario the plumber bloke was the joint favorite from the get-go, hence the bookies are far more cautious this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The biggest risk to a regular punter would be a false positive being tipped. Anyone within the production team or contestants letting information out could be very easily traced using advanced techniques and thus they'd probably face the full legal ramifications of such a breach of contract.

No markets have become available on the market as yet, last year the books were wide open prior to 1st episode.

Advertisement