Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    i

And that brings me onto a big problem with the show. The timelines they are given to create are ridiculous! For the gaming task, my gaming enthusiast husband commented that a game often takes years to develop. And advertising campaigns take months. The contestants come across as incompetent a lot of the time, but I bet most of them are anything but in their day jobs. On the show, they all have to deal with competing egos, restrictive deadlines, way too many different tasks to be completed in that deadline, the stress of being filmed and mounting tiredness as the tasks rack up. It's probably not a fair reflection of their abilities at all really.

tbh I don't think they care about business, they want to make a good TV show and hope they fck up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

IvySlayer wrote: »
    tbh I don't think they care about business, they want to make a good TV show and hope they fck up a lot.

that's true- otherwise half the idiots wouldn't even make the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Jessica surprised me the most out of all of them... I was sure that she would not last 2 episodes.. LS actually liked her and saw a lot of good points she had - her biz plan was not financially viable though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

IvySlayer wrote: »

Well, maybe there's a few contestants put in for the LOLs but the prize is considerable so there does need to be some contestants with good business acumen so that someone actually decent gets the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Has this show run its course? Very poor contestants, especially the finalists. It was fairly obvious who was going to win. I'd say the producers had to hire that presentation coach or the whole thing would have been even worse.
    Courtney would have been the last choice instead of Paul if someone else made the final.
    Ridiculously rubbish, Lord Sugar would have been better of spending the £250,000 on scratch cards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

patmac wrote: »
    Has this show run its course? Very poor contestants, especially the finalists. It was fairly obvious who was going to win. I'd say the producers had to hire that presentation coach or the whole thing would have been even worse.
    Courtney would have been the last choice instead of Paul if someone else made the final.
    Ridiculously rubbish, Lord Sugar would have been better of spending the £250,000 on scratch cards.

I'd say no. Sure, it's getting a bit tired, the tasks are the same every year, but it is in it's twelfth year now, so some decay is natural. I think to improve it needs to reduce the number of contestants and try and bring it back to more of a business focus rather than zany personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say it still has legs yet though doubt Sugar himself will do it for much longer.

I know it gets said every year but this was truly the worst year in terms of quality of contestants. If I were in Sugars position I would have called the thing off at the final five stage and refused to give any of them the £250k! Even now Im still wondering how the hell Sugar is going to make money from Alanas muffins produced by hand in a kitchen in Wales. The food industry is stuffed with artisan products so standing out is really difficult. Maybe I will be proven wrong but right now I just cant see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think in a year where the standard of candidates was so low it came down to who made the least mistakes and Courtney was one of those. Thought Trishna should have been in the final with him, she seemed to have some cop on.

No she didn't.. shouty, sulky and just arrogant in general. As I said at the time she didn't even have the good grace to thank them when she was fired, instead muttering "no problem" and storming off in a huff.

Advertisement