Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I am surprised the bookies even take bets on reality tv as all it would take is for a show runner or other hanger on to place a massive bet sure in the knowledge they would win. A bet could easily be placed anonymously.

That's exactly what I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They film a final boardroom with two outcomes and only show the 'real' one on the night so not even the contestants know who won. In the time between filming and broadcast of the final, both are usually set up with temp jobs in his companies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Week 2: Fashion brands/TV Shoot. Jessica vs Mckye(?)

With all the access they have surely just get lotus flower symbols, red circles, cherry blossoms. They're very much neglecting the Japanese thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

My God a photo shoot for jeans without jeans.

Are they that really that tick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Losing the jeans has the be the biggest calamity of all time

Also, Why say "Japanese Denim"? Just put "Tokyo" or "Japan" underneath the brand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Crying because you lost a pair of jeans it not good.

Crap ad for the ladies. Looks like a feminine hygiene product

Pants by both of them. (Pun only intended half way through writing that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I reckon he'll send 4 home

They better not get rid of The Big K

Your one couldn't get out the door fast enough!

Really don't know what to make of her, bit of an attitude problem as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Actually surprised he didn't fire more than just Nathalie.

The BBC are obsessed with quota's. They just seen a Scot (tick) a female (tick) very working class (tick)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

The BBC are obsessed with quota's. They just seen a Scot (tick) a female (tick) very working class (tick)

Thick(tick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

With all the access they have surely just get lotus flower symbols, red circles, cherry blossoms. They're very much neglecting the Japanese thing.

Bizarrely Lord Alan thought they overdid the Japanese thing. Which is odd as that's their only selling point

• Advertisement

Bizarrely Lord Alan thought they overdid the Japanese thing. Which is odd as that's their only selling point

Aye it's his usual contrary rubbish. He was one step away from "Why would they spend x on your jeans when they can get a pair in Tesco for a fiver?". For all his love and experience (lol) of marketing he often goes on like it means absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Aye it's his usual contrary rubbish. He was one step away from "Why would they spend x on your jeans when they can get a pair in Tesco for a fiver?". For all his love and experience (lol) of marketing he often goes on like it means absolutely nothing.

Sugar is a dope though - bit of a Del Boy with a lot less charisma. Business Mogul does not equal Especially Clever Human Being - sometimes it does, but ultimately any auld tit can do well in business, a lot of it is being brave enough to take a gamble on something in the first place ie. investing money into an idea and hoping you can pull it off (and then there's super tits like Donald Trump who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, at least with Sugar I can respect the fact he had no money to begin with).

Sugar is a dope though - bit of a Del Boy with a lot less charisma. Business Mogul does not equal Especially Clever Human Being - sometimes it does, but ultimately any auld tit can do well in business, a lot of it is being brave enough to take a gamble on something in the first place ie. investing money into an idea and hoping you can pull it off (and then there's super tits like Donald Trump who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, at least with Sugar I can respect the fact he had no money to begin with).
    Don't forget telling Sky how much ITV are bidding for the rights to the Premier League so that you can make money from making Sky boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

both marketing strategies were deplorable.. Lord S had a right to be disgusted..

when the teams divide its like they have no idea how to communicate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Bad bunch of candidates this year. Even in week two there would normally be 1 or 2 candidates with potential which stand out.

Natalie was the right choice to go last night and I think Mukai should have gone as well. Not sure why he brought in JD back to the boardroom. I reckon Kathir will stay for a few more weeks for entertainment value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Bad bunch of candidates this year. Even in week two there would normally be 1 or 2 candidates with potential which stand out.

Natalie was the right choice to go last night and I think Mukai should have gone as well. Not sure why he brought in JD back to the boardroom. I reckon Kathir will stay for a few more weeks for entertainment value.

can't rem his name - but the monobrow guy is infuriating - he must only have been kept in for entertainment..
    Same goes for the PM of the girls last night - can't rem her name..

yeah they are very poor this year - can't see anyone with potential at this stage - maybe Rebecca - but its hard to know at this stage with all the cat fights..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just caught up with this week's episode.. agree with the above - they're all incredibly poor this year. Sugar should have fired 4 of them at least, and yer one Natalie has a constant sneer and
    attitude problem I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just caught up with this week's episode.. agree with the above - they're all incredibly poor this year. Sugar should have fired 4 of them at least, and yer one Natalie has a constant sneer and
    attitude problem I think.

I thought at one stage it may be a slight physical disability thing, that her face/lips are just stuck in what appears to be a sneer. Haven't seen the You're Fired programme yet to confirm.
    She surely wasn't the worst of the 6 though - Alanna couldn't actually string a sentence together in her own defence and was a shoe-in to go so clearly must have a business plan that Siucre finds somewhat interesting.

Fairly terrible bunch of candidates so far.

Fwiw I thought the cylindrical box for the jeans was a neat idea and enough for that team to be declared the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I thought at one stage it may be a slight physical disability thing, that her face/lips are just stuck in what appears to be a sneer. Haven't seen the You're Fired programme yet to confirm.
    She surely wasn't the worst of the 6 though - Alanna couldn't actually string a sentence together in her own defence and was a shoe-in to go so clearly must have a business plan that Siucre finds somewhat interesting.

Fairly terrible bunch of candidates so far.

Fwiw I thought the cylindrical box for the jeans was a neat idea and enough for that team to be declared the winner.

Same. Whilst their campaign wasn't great I thought they had the basics done much better, particularly when the boys team didn't even get their interactive advertisement completed.

Advertisement