Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Spoiler (but not too big of one) for tonight's show:
    Somebody quits right at the beginning of the task. Any guesses for who it might be? On the previous couple of weeks I'd have to guess Alana, but who knows.

Spoiler (but not too big of one) for tonight's show:
    Somebody quits right at the beginning of the task. Any guesses for who it might be? On the previous couple of weeks I'd have to guess Alana, but who knows.

What was the name of the guy who had the tantrum last week? Got really pissy with the other team members and fecked the box of sweets on the floor at the end of the task?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Paul

kitten_k wrote: »
    Paul

My money is on Paul to have another tantrum and walk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

My money is on Paul to have another tantrum and walk off.

He seems to have a bit of business acumen but all he offers is negativity without putting forward any alternative solutions.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    He seems to have a bit of business acumen but all he offers is negativity without putting forward any alternative solutions.

I dont know how much business acumen I have but I'd get frustrated with some of those eejits. I actually liked Emojeans, but japanese dude vetoed it :confused:. Them all running around like headless chickens trying to sell salt and vinegar fudge - facepalm! Them thinking salt and vinegar fudge was a good idea to begin with. I don't know if I'll even keep watching it, and all I have to do is sit there, I can understand someone with a bit of commonsense going: Thats it! I'm outta here!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Nebula vsTitans - on retail task
    Aleksandra
    walks off - perhaps only sane one there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'm not too keen on Grainne

I like those bags!

The bags will sell themselves.........but I adore the cat scarves too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

That bag expert whatever he is called is one pain in the backside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Bow tie boy has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Grainne was pretty lucky there. Thought she was doomed with all her fannying about trying to pick someone to go in the boardroom with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

I'm not too keen on Grainne

She's insufferable.

She couldn't stop herself from trying to twist the knife into Oliver last week. And her reaction to the lady who quit during the team meeting says it all really. Definitely the kind of person who would unplug your life support machine to charge her phone, as Sugar said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Manach wrote: »
    Nebula vsTitans - on retail task
    Aleksandra
    walks off - perhaps only sane one there

Yes, she was too poised or something to be on the show. I'd say the whole show is a very stressful experience. Good for her.
    I like those bags!

Me too!
    Grainne was pretty lucky there. Thought she was doomed with all her fannying about trying to pick someone to go in the boardroom with her.
    She's insufferable.

She couldn't stop herself from trying to twist the knife into Oliver last week. And her reaction to the lady who quit during the team meeting says it all really. Definitely the kind of person who would unplug your life support machine to charge her phone, as Sugar said.

She made some mistakes but deserved to stay. I cringed at her boardroom in decisiveness too though. Mukai has been treading water for weeks now, definitely the right choice to go. He was terribly supercilious too, like he was above it all. I really like Gráinne actually and I think she'll go far in the process. I actually think she seems like less of a back-stabber than most of the other contestants. Nothing she said in the boardroom was a word of a lie.

I also think it was unfair that they only had six people on their team to the other team's eight. If it was seven and seven, she might have been more keen to put someone in the window. They did well considering their team was three quarters the size of the other team.

Im calling shenanigans on Makai moving to Tokyo so unable to go on the "Your Fired" show. He probably was in a travelodge in Wembley.

Just caught up, wow was not expecting Gráinne to lose. Despite the loss, I don't think she performed that badly overall, just a couple of poor decisions. She'd probably still be my frontrunner anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It was 5.2 to 4.3 wasn't it?

Both teams did well, luck was a factor, aswell as having an extra body.

JD has done nothing so far, I forget he's in the show. Not one candidate sticking out at all. And the nitpicking by Karren is extreme :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't remember her name, but your one who was teamed on the personal shopping with Karthik this week seems like one of the most capable in the process - granted I can't remember how good her performance was in previous tasks. Speaking of Karthik, himself & Jessica have really grown on me, despite being the two most OTT in there - I think there's more to those two than we've given them credit for, which you could kinda see glimpses of this week.

You're Fired is a million times better this year - Rhod's playing a blinder, as I expected he would. If you've never seen any of his stand-up shows try getting a look at Rhod Gilbert & The Award Winning Mince Pie (he's good a couple of others two, but Mince Pie is the best of them - watch his others if you enjoy that one)... Comedy Central tend to show it every so often, but you can also come by it in slightly less legit place, if you know what I mean... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Dillon and Courtney are two dark horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Speaking of Karthik, himself & Jessica have really grown on me, despite being the two most OTT in there - I think there's more to those two than we've given them credit for, which you could kinda see glimpses of this week.

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just watching now and the voice over guy keeps pronouncing Grainne as Granya... It's really annoying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Monife wrote: »
    Just watching now and the voice over guy keeps pronouncing Grainne as Granya... It's really annoying!!

just caught up on the last 2 shows last night..

ha ha you solved my puzzle - i was wondering what her name was - Grainne - but they can't say it lol.. yeah she is good..

i don't like Paul.. glad Mukai is gone - he is full of hot air.. but does have a look of a prince about him - not a consultant..

Jessica has surprised me.. Kartick will go soon - he has no real skill - just blah blah blah... and he is like a time bomb - yeah I would like to see him as manager - not..

Fran I think her name is - who worked with Kartick in the personal shopper role - she was good..

I like Rebecca - she is a grafter - has been so in every task from the off set..

But as groups they make some thoughtless decisions..

The irish guy might know fashion but he has damm all business etiquette

Monife wrote: »

British people can't pronounce Grainne. It mostly comes out as Grun-Ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I used to work with an English guy who was married to a woman called Grainne and he couldn't even say it right. Gran-ya was what he'd say!

Is the song that bad??!!

Karen certainly doesn't like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Gillet. Silly mare got lucky.

I think she wants them to pronounce it like that. They couldn't be all getting it wrong. Could it be that since she's from the North she's being fancy and saying it differently?

Probably over thinking it but with this load of idiots anything's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Loved that line from Claude about eating his shorts if that gets traction on social media...lol

Alana is seriously under rated.Right decision to fire the likeable JD.Samuel was a lucky boy he came through with the win as his concept was appalling.

• Advertisement

I didn't really buy into the narrative that Paul shouldn't have been in the boardroom tbh, I thought he was useless and should have gone alongside JD.

Advertisement