Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How easy would it have been to cheat?

Text a few friends to pledge a tenner each, bam

I used to hate Karthik, but he really seems to have calmed down and is probably the favourite atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

That Sophi guy should have been in the boardroom also. He completely ballsed up the pitch and was every bit as bad as Paul.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think she wants them to pronounce it like that. They couldn't be all getting it wrong. Could it be that since she's from the North she's being fancy and saying it differently?

Probably over thinking it but with this load of idiots anything's possible.

As someone with a somewhat unsual name that some people manage to screw up, after a while you just give up correcting them and go with it. In my case they aren't even pronouncing it wrong they're saying a completely different name. Even if she wins the thing, she'll only have to spend a few months around them and will rarely see them again after that so she probably isn't all that bothered by it.

Definitely the most cringey episode so far. The miming thing was terrible and the song wasn't much better. I better Sugar gets a good laugh out of making the contestants do embarrassing things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think she wants them to pronounce it like that. They couldn't be all getting it wrong. Could it be that since she's from the North she's being fancy and saying it differently?

Probably over thinking it but with this load of idiots anything's possible.

Lord Sugar had the closest pronunciation of all of them, at least he bothered to change the sound of the 'a' slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

I didn't really buy into the narrative that Paul shouldn't have been in the boardroom tbh, I thought he was useless and should have gone alongside JD.

I don't like Paul, he's very surly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    I don't like Paul, he's very surly.

If he's like that in real life I imagine he must be an awful pain in the arse to work with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Can't believe sufjan was not brought into the board room..

And I think that Paul should be gone instead of JD - he is like a ticking bomb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

sporina wrote: »
    Can't believe sufjan was not brought into the board room..

And I think that Paul should be gone instead of JD - he is like a ticking bomb..

The 3 lads should have been in the boardroom. Sofean should probably have gone. He's fairly aimless.

I think Rebecca was very lucky to stay too. Her video was really terrible and marketing is supposed to be her forte. She's been a bit shit in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think Sofiane was the one to get away this week. He was shocking last week as PM and his hospital pass on the pricing is what actually lost them the task this week. JD was poor but it was that pricing misstep that cost them dearly.

Nobody really standing out as firm favourite this year but I expect the next couple of weeks when the numbers are trimmed is when we'll see who's up to it. Courtney is the only one so far who seems to have his head screwed on and not made any memorable clangers whereas nearly everyone else has.

I think Sofiane was the one to get away this week. He was shocking last week as PM and his hospital pass on the pricing is what actually lost them the task this week.

Yeah, that was a real mess up. I think 12 headphones was something like £380 so imagine if they had sold 180 of them to the big retailer? :eek:

I don't know about Courtney, he hasn't impressed me so far. I think Alana, Karthik, Jessica, Trishna and Grainne all have potential. Possibly Dillon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yeah, that was a real mess up. I think 12 headphones was something like £380 so imagine if they had sold 180 of them to the big retailer? :eek:

I don't know about Courtney, he hasn't impressed me so far. I think Alana, Karthik, Jessica, Trishna and Grainne all have potential. Possibly Dillon too.

I still don't know who half of them are! But I have to admit I'm usually doing something else while watching this year, not catching my full attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

gosh i have no idea who Courtney is - male or female?

that fact that i don't know who they are = not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Courtney is one of the young fellas who it very quiet at the moment, you just know he's biding his time to shine. He kind of reminds me of David Stevenson from last year. Yeah I couldn't remember his name but I remembered the Pet Show episode where he popped out of nowhere and was PM.

sporina wrote: »
    gosh i have no idea who Courtney is - male or female?

that fact that i don't know who they are = not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing

He's the dude who said in his intro that he wasn't just boyish good looks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Folks, missed the first few episodes as was away. Anywhere I could watch them online please?

Tried BBC iPlayer but won't let me view as I'm not in the UK, any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Folks, missed the first few episodes as was away. Anywhere I could watch them online please?

Do a google for watch series online and you can get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I remember being able to catch up on YouTube in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I always like this task

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I always like this task

I always thought this task was done with half the team in London & half the team in France
    Or was that just one series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

kopite386 wrote: »
    I always thought this task was done with half the team in London & half the team in France
    Or was that just one series

I remember that alright. I think they change it slightly each time they do it. Never remember it been done over night before.

I remember that alright. I think they change it slightly each time they do it. Never remember it been done over night before.

Yeah that's true - I can't remember if being done over night

Jesus that Rebecca is a bit stupid isn't she - drive all that way for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Karen NOT impressed there! :p

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Karen NOT impressed there! :p

Is Karen ever impressed ? Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

kopite386 wrote: »
    Is Karen ever impressed ? Haha

True.. although I thought she was about to break into a rant about strong business women! :p

Jaysus 5 items - 1 hour, I don't think Trinsna team is going to win, I say Rebecca will be fired this week, especially if they lose which I say they will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Love this task

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Didn't they do the task in Morocco once too?

Always one of the highlights

Advertisement