Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ahlookit wrote: »
    He's probably got the project plan of the night printed out, with all the key milestones marked off :eek:

Do you reckon he hit all of his KPIs??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    THB your one sounded like a baby girl doing it. The Irish one was completely different the way she done it.
    _______

Think my favorite episode so far and I am warming to Jessica.

Jessica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Alana was pretty lucky to survive. She's done very little so far apart from make weird faces.

Alana was a good project manager for the most part and came up with a good idea for the ad in the bicycle accessories task. That second thing might not seen like a big deal but for the Apprentice, it is. The ads are usually shocking.

I cannot understand the love-in for Samuel on 'You're Fired'. I've considered him utterly useless for weeks. He was very lucky to win when he was project manager, and Sugar told him as much and heavily implied he would have been gone if his team lost. He was also a sneak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I was delighted for Frances. She seems very competent and was unlucky to be stuck on the losing team the whole time.

I was delighted for Frances. She seems very competent and was unlucky to be stuck on the losing team the whole time.

Yeah, she was an excellent manager!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Karen looks like she's sucking lemons this year. She's been quite spiteful and negative in her comments all series. Very hard to please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Karen looks like she's sucking lemons this year. She's been quite spiteful and negative in her comments all series. Very hard to please.

True, she's getting a lot of flack for it. She's obviously acting upon producers instructions though, she wasn't like this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

She is great, the shi*ty bunch is whats brining it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'd say it's a combination of a load of loolas for candidates and editing just to catch these moments as she was back to her old self on You're Fired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Menopause....

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I'd say it's a combination of a load of loolas for candidates and editing just to catch these moments as she was back to her old self on You're Fired

I do think this years candidates are the worst ever. Thats some achievement after last years lot. Maybe she has just outgrown the process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

the tasks are not great either... especially the last one..

sporina wrote: »
    the tasks are not great either... especially the last one..

They are the same as every year pretty much. This year they had to design and market jeans, last year it was shampoo. This year it was a boat show, last year was a pet show.

And what was wrong with the last one? Select some low ticket items you can sell lots of and a high ticket item you can sell one of, to probably win. A bit of common sense and you are golden. Such as, "Hmm, I would have to sell hundreds of these silly fish shaped cushions to turn any kind of a profit, so I wont go with them".

Yeah, as my fella said, she's like a caricature, there's no light and shade, unlike with Claude. Just all negativity. Like when Dillon stuck up for Samuel, she had to have a go. Does it have to be all negativity in the boardroom? Isn't it a good thing when a candidate isn't completely intent on backstabbing others?

Such as, "Hmm, I would have to sell hundreds of these silly fish shaped cushions to turn any kind of a profit, so I wont go with them".

Dillon has picked bad products twice during the show. Remember in the department store task, he bigged up those awful cat scarves that didn't sell and this time he was the biggest driver behind them deciding to sell the fish cushions. He seems to like kitsch things himself and doesn't seem to realise that they might not have mass appeal.

On another topic, how shit are the rewards this year? Well, they've been shit for the last few years. In the first few series, it'd be fun stuff like helicopter rides and having a gourmet meal cooked for them at the house. Now they seem to have to do exercise at every second one or cook for themselves and there seems to just be a glass of champagne each thrown in.

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    Dillon has picked bad products twice during the show. Remember in the department store task, he bigged up those awful cat scarves that didn't sell and this time he was the biggest driver behind them deciding to sell the fish cushions. He seems to like kitsch things himself and doesn't seem to realise that they might not have mass appeal.

Thats a really common mistake. Choosing things you like, without thinking what other people would like. The classic example of this was 3 years ago when they went to the caravan convention and whichever candidate decided on the retro 60's caravan because they thought it was cool. Having already established that it was all old people who go to caravan shows, he went and picked something that would appeal to someone in their early thirtys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Task: Running an event. Paul v Dillon.

Frances had better be careful she doesn't lose her tongue, seeing as it's so far lodged up Paul's arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Both of the events are fairly chaotic

• Advertisement

I really hope Paul goes.

I really hope Paul goes.

If you want to win the Apprentice, don't get stroppy with Lord Sugar in the boardroom.

If you want to win the Apprentice, don't get stroppy with Lord Sugar in the boardroom.

Seems turning on the waterworks helps though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

grr missed the end of it tonight - when is it repeated? don't wanna read the previous posts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Recorded tonight's episode so only watching it now but seriously could Frances have her head up Paul's arse anymore - "I like working with you Paul" "We are totally on the same page Paul" - Oh Frances its time for you go, you had a good week last week granted but you have been annoying me for a few weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He had to go ,he was too angry and bullying throughout the task ,looked like he was about to lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Can't really remember a worse bunch than this lot! They are awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Paul has some serious anger issues - he had the two women beside him in tears, he took no responsibility as PM for the failure of the tasks with key errors being - Pricing Strategy and Canapes (which he created) yes he took no part in the selling but the lack of communication and his anger problems are ultimately what cost him

Advertisement