Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Drunk and Die Trying - PS4 PvP

Options
  • 16-09-2016 9:18am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we have an arrange a raid thread etc, this is arrange a PvP session thread.

I know its normal for most Friday/Sat nights to be filled with Beer and PvP so with private matches now available we can have some serious banter :D

So whos up for some action tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So we have an arrange a raid thread etc, this is arrange a PvP session thread.

I know its normal for most Friday/Sat nights to be filled with Beer and PvP so with private matches now available we can have some serious banter :D

So whos up for some action tonight?

Count me in. Single daddy again tonight. Have me some Destiny themed beer in fridge. Pepare to git rkd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Count me in. Single daddy again tonight. Have me some Destiny themed beer in fridge. Pepare to git rkd

I did already tell you to get rid but I was only messing with ya :P

Destiny themed beer? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm on antibiotics, no booze for PetKing :(

I'll listen to ye're ****e talk though! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm on antibiotics, no booze for PetKing :(

I'll listen to ye're ****e talk though! :D

Here if your anything like the raid the other night then you wont need drink to fit in :P

I did already tell you to get rid but I was only messing with ya :P

Ah here, don't tell me that after the fact. I take everything I read online seriously and literally. Please tell me you weren't joking. :rolleyes:
    Destiny themed beer? :confused:

Well, kinda, in my mind, it is.

8 degrees brewery in cork - IPA's Galaxy and Polar Vortex, so watch out. I'll Voidwalking all over

• Advertisement

Ah here, don't tell me that after the fact. I take everything I read online seriously and literally. Please tell me you weren't joking. :rolleyes:

Well, kinda, in my mind, it is.

8 degrees brewery in cork - IPA's Galaxy and Polar Vortex, so watch out. I'll Voidwalking all over

Just tell me that you properly got rid of the evidence and all that like :P

I think i'll stick to my desperados :P

Just tell me that you properly got rid of the evidence and all that like :P

I think i'll stick to my desperados :P

I went full Breaking Bad / Stephen King Sons of Anarchy on her. Nothing left but two 10 gallon plastic drums.

I'll surely be about later on. Maybe enabled by some booze.

I'll surely be about later on. Maybe enabled by some booze.

Heavy booze available.

Several unopened bottles of rum, and whiskey laying about the place.

• Advertisement

Several unopened bottles of rum, and whiskey laying about the place.

So Rumkey is what your having tonight then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm up for humiliating myself tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm up for humiliating myself tonight

Will you be online for some Destiny afterwards?

ohhhhhhhh

So Rumkey is what your having tonight then :P

That could be equal parts delicious and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Few take-aways from my first private matches experiences...

1. It must suck playing against Irish players - I don't think there was a single game that didn't have a couple on the other team (and possibly my team) lagging all over the place. It my last match on Anomaly it felt like I was lagging pretty hard for the other team (though no one said anything after the game) - I was getting melee kills and sidearm kills a bit too quickly and not getting killed in situations I thought I would die in. our connections suck!

2. WindowCheese FCUKED US UP. Didn't matter the rest of the teams make up, WindowCheese = Win. His sniping is INSANE.

3. Generic has some kind of sixth sense on Drifter - he jumped away from my nova bomb at the last second WITH HIS BACK TO IT THE WHOLE TIME, spun and sidearmed me to death; I wish I had copped you still needed to hit square to save cause it was a piece of evasive beauty. A few other times on that map I thought i had him killed with a grenade only to discover he had disappeared though a tunnel, doubled back and was now floating over my head peppering me with bullets from above.... sneaky Generic - feffing nice play.

4. When we are playing in larger groups we possibly need to consider game length, to get the matches over quicker, and shuffle the teams more. Sticking with teams draws some salt. Was guilty of it myself last night - first game in I was ragging on Generic for lagging. Stupid thing to do cause (a) nothing he can do about it, (b) not deliberate, (c) it comes off as a personal criticism when it shouldn't be, (d) reduces (or destroys) the fun of the post game chat. So - Generic - my apologies - sorry for being a post game jerk.

That was my first evening in private matches too. Enjoyed it, even the mayhem clash grenades only game was good, quite hectic. Agreed on window cheese, don't bother equipping sniper or engaging at range!! He shade steps very effectively too. Beard: you need to answer those calls from your ISP :D Generic is excellent to play against tbf, tough at range or close up. Pity 3oC's doesn't work, but I could understand it being exploited too.

P.S. killing dude inside his bubble was extremely satisfying!!

PetKing wrote: »
    Beard: you need to answer those calls from your ISP :D

Fingers crossed for Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That WindowCheese lad is unplayable. He's next level alright.

Mayhem Sticky Nades only is serious craic :D

I have to say we played a good few private matches the other night, all in all my K/D was above 1.0 for all the matches and I scored pretty well in most games we played :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

playing drunks will impact your kd jonny

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    playing drunks will impact your kd jonny

Gimli, I now understand why you do it..... I had crazy skills...... In fairness I was generally top 2 in my team each game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's a critical point that you go from being a monster to running into walls. For me it's somewhere in the second bottle.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's a critical point that you go from being a monster to running into walls. For me it's somewhere in the second bottle.

Ah you see when i was approaching that level a strange thought occured....... I turned off and went to sleep haha

Advertisement