Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring up a bar tap light

Options
  • 16-09-2016 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi guys

I acquired this here a while back:

397083.jpg

397084.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can connect it up?

Thanks,
    JV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

How experienced are you? Is there a supply for where you want to install it, or do you need one of those too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Thanks for the reply!

Well, I have no idea how to connect it up and I don't have anything other that the light itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks like you need a 24V transformer, wire it straight into a lighting or RCD circuit and it'll just blow.

Thanks again.

I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. I mean, I can do simple enough things like replacing light fittings and switches and adding a spur socket, but I know nothing about electrical devices.

I have a Heineken tap that had knackered fluorescent light system in it. Even though I'm a sparks, I didn't bother trying to fix it so I stripped it out and hot glued a flexible USB powered led light in. Attached is a pic of it being powered by a power bank but I have a 3 pin USB adapter and USB extension if I want to run it off the mains.

Got a few of those lights in home store and more for 1.50 each. Might be something you could do yourself if you want to avoid messing about with the original electrics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

First, you need one of these to transform the supply down to 24 volts.

http://www.ewlonline.co.uk/bar-lighting-transformer-6out-24v-96va

Thanks for your input, everyone. I'll decide whether to go ahead with the transformer or just get a short string of LED Christmas lights. I'll update when I've got it up and running!

Advertisement