Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Iphone 6S/6S+ owners to try something please !!!!!

Options
  • 16-09-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

a bit of a strange request but here it goes.....

I've had an ongoing issue with my 6S plus and formerly on its predecessor, the 6S. It's a camera lag issue whereby I've found a direct correlation between the lag (it manifests itself as a frozen blurred image) when the stock camera app is activated after phone calls have been made. I suspect the same results would be achieved with received calls but it's easier for testing purposes to just ring out. So I have a request if anyone gets a few spare minutes to prove/disprove my theory.

Please do as follows:

Kill all apps (double tap home button and swipe up all open apps effectively killing them all). NOTE: this is not the same as having an app "sleeping" in the background. Once all apps are closed, tap the camera app and it should open rapidly, zero delay. Now try the following.....

Tap the home button which will put the camera app in the background.
    Make 10 calls for 10secs approx each time. (I used repeated calls to my voicemail)
    Once each call duration hits 10+ secs, just hang up and redial.
    Repeat 10 times and hang up. Now tap home button and then tap the camera app.
    When I do this, there is a lag of approx 10secs until the camera becomes useable.

I redid the above exercise and made 5 calls and following on from this, there was another lag, but reduced to approx 4-5secs.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback as I'm definitely not alone here with the findings.

I obviously do not expect anyone to carry out this exercise that does not have free calls

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

5 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I've been doing several tests over recent days. Again on a 6S+. It's not necessary to leave a call active for 10 secs. It's sufficient to just dial and immediately hang up and just keep doing this. I've just quickly done 20 dial/hang up sequences and the camera lag was approx 12secs.

plu wrote: »
    5 seconds
    Even 5 secs is a totally unacceptable delay IMO.

This issue has been rectified with 10.1. Well done apple :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I hope so ever since you asked me too try this my camera lags for around 6-8 seconds it happens quite regularly now.

• Advertisement

I hope so ever since you asked me too try this my camera lags for around 6-8 seconds it happens quite regularly now.

Yep, but it was always there Heisenberg. Not something you triggered with the test. For those folk who don't use their phone for anything but texts/what's app and browsing the web, they might never notice but for medium to heavy users in terms of calls made and received, then it's a pure nuisance.

Anyway, I installed the Beta 2 yesterday and all appears to be good :)

Advertisement