Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for the staff of Eishtec.

Options
  • 16-09-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello all,

I've recently gained an interest in Eishtec as it seems to be hiring most people around. But I've also heard "A LOT" of negative things about it.

Would any past or present staff of the company be able to give me a summary of it?

For full time, do you work only weekdays or what?

Why has it such a bad name and a high staff turnover?

Do you have your own desk and etc everyday?

What is the work like?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Xopher wrote: »
    Hello all,

I've recently gained an interest in Eishtec as it seems to be hiring most people around. But I've also heard "A LOT" of negative things about it.

Would any past or present staff of the company be able to give me a summary of it?

For full time, do you work only weekdays or what?

Why has it such a bad name and a high staff turnover?

Do you have your own desk and etc everyday?

What is the work like?

Thanks for your time.

I worked in eishtec couple of years ago for about 5 months first of il say some people seemed to loved it me on the other hand i found it horrible literally the worst job I've ever had hated every minute of the hateful place

When I worked in it I was full time usually 2-3 different shift and if I remember right was a couple of weekends a month
    Unless it has changed you don't have your own desk you are in different places every day even different rooms a lot

The work I did was is customer services /tech support for mobile phone company answering about 40+calls a day 90% of them eating the face of me i took a fair amount of abuse which wasn't nice seen several staff in tears in my time as a result of customer abuse
    In my experience if you didn't have customers on your case you had management on it for over your statistics everything is recorded you could get in trouble for
    Taking to long on calls
    Not taking long enough on calls
    Taking to long to be ready for the next call
    Not getting enough good surveys back from customers so you would be trying really hard to get customers to fill out the survey text they get
    Taking to long for toilet breaks (yes really you had 15mins "personal time" per day outside of lunch etc which should be enough to be fair I never went over it but the hole big brother is watching you thing I hated it

Look as I said hated it couldn't wait to get out but other people did love it so what I always tell people who ask me go give it a try if you want and make your mind up I won't tell you not to go near the place but my experience was it was a hell hole

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sjb25 wrote:
    Look as I said hated it couldn't wait to get out but other people did love it so what I always tell people who ask me go give it a try if you want and make your mind up I won't tell you not to go near the place but my experience was it was a hell hole

Sounds like prison! I've heard similar stories but I've no experience of the place, thank God. Life's too short for that crap

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Sounds like prison! I've heard similar stories but I've no experience of the place, thank God. Life's too short for that crap

Was the worst place I've ever worked only job I've had that I ended up pulling a lot of sick days I just couldn't face going in never did that before or since in any other job also the only time I've never worked my notice I got a new job offer handed in my notice the same day left that evening and never went back to the place I wouldn't normally do that u just couldn't go back to the place God hated it even diving past in now I get shivers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If you enjoy sales and enjoy selling you will enjoy Eishtec Sales Dept and certainly enjoy the pay + commission fortnightly .

On the other hand if you going to work in Support department then be prepared for stubborn phone calls , which you will have to deal with diplomatically .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

My sister works there, and shes never been as unhappy. A hell hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

I've heard tell of very high turnover of staff... bullying and general bolloxing in there.

barney 20v wrote: »
    I've heard tell of very high turnover of staff... bullying and general bolloxing in there.

I started in a team of 20 all but one had left a within a year and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 23,976 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My female cousin was there for a year, a nightmare of a job. She is in Zurich insurance now and much happier but had to do a few part time jobs in Wex town between those gigs.

Avoid Eishtec unless you are some kind of masochist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maryjoan69

I know a couple of girls who work there from school and they all detest it! One friend said she is always getting shouted at, poor girl can't wait to leave the hellhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

barney 20v wrote: »

Knowing some of the directors of the company as I do, it's not surprising to hear this. Credit to them for putting their money where their mouth is, and they've done well to create jobs in both Waterford and Wexford. I wouldn't work for those particular people in a fit, though. Too many bad past experiences with them in the old AOL in Waterford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

I have a few friends that worked & some who are still working for Eishtec in the Waterford area, they have said avoid the place as best as you can, I have heard about only being given 10 minutes personal time/toilet time even on a 9 or 10 hour shift, the weekly hours you were rostered on can be changed to a different set of hours , finding it hard to book time off or swap shifts for occasions be it family occasion or a wedding invite, one guy I know who has worked in 3 different call centres including Eishtec said to me " The other call centres are ok to work in you can about 3 minute break in between calls as there is a call que, whereas in Eichtec the calls are constant " - " Eishtec is much more stricter & more demanding then other call centres I worked at " .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Goldfish Gorman

Hi

Need to find out what they actually do.

I know they provide customer service and tech support for mobile & smart phone customers.
    For companies such as Orange, T-mobile and EE but I'm looking for more information.

What other campaigns do they have?? Is there any Irish companies there or is it all for the UK??.

Is there a sales campaign.??

What is EE ???

Can't really find information anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Don't work in the Wexford one but work at one of the other places, i think it's alright personally, not a job i'll be staying in for a long time but as a stop gap it's grand, Some people do hate it, kinda depends on what department your in i think, mine is not particularly bad but in Sales there's a lot of pressure to hit certain targets , There is a very high turnover of staff for a reason alright, off my team of 20 3 didn't even complete training, You need a thick skin i'll say that much, customers can get very nasty and personal at times and sometimes you have to deal with a lot of crap from the company and bosses ect, Not the worst job i'v ever had but not one i could stick for more then a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hi

I know they provide customer service and tech support for mobile & smart phone customers.
    For companies such as Orange, T-mobile and EE but I'm looking for more information.

What other campaigns do they have?? Is there any Irish companies there or is it all for the UK??.

Very high turnip rate

What is EE ???

A mobile network provider

http://ee.co.uk

Very high turnip rate

Fecking turnip selling was the worst :)

Hi

When I was there that's all we did tech support customer service and sales for EE and orange suppose they have took over T-Mobile now aswell

Advertisement