Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Thai restaurant

Options
  • 16-09-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone could recommend an authentic Thai restaurant.

My girlfriend is a big fan of Thai food, so I want to bring her somewhere nice for her upcoming 30th.

We live around the Sandyford area but anywhere from around there to town would suit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Siam Thai in Dundrum.
    Baan Thai in Leopardstown and Ballsbridge.
    Koh and Saba are probably the best in town.

as it's her 30th, maybe go for somewhere like Saba, and go for nice drinks before (and after!) around town. plenty of good pubs / cocktail places there to impress her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Siam Thai in Dundrum.
    Baan Thai in Leopardstown and Ballsbridge.
    Koh and Saba are probably the best in town.

as it's her 30th, maybe go for somewhere like Saba, and go for nice drinks before (and after!) around town. plenty of good pubs / cocktail places there to impress her :)

Excellent, thanks. Is there one in particular that would standout to you for having an authentic decor?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MooShop wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks. Is there one in particular that would standout to you for having an authentic decor?

Baan Thai has a lot of decor... not sure if authentic as I've never been to Thailand! :D

Here's some pics of the Ballsbridge one:
    http://www.baanthai.ie/ballsbridge/gallery_detail.php?id=3&p=1

It's been around the longest afaik.
    Koh and Saba are more 'trendy' places.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Baan Thai has a lot of decor... not sure if authentic as I've never been to Thailand! :D

Here's some pics of the Ballsbridge one:
    http://www.baanthai.ie/ballsbridge/gallery_detail.php?id=3&p=1

It's been around the longest afaik.
    Koh and Saba are more 'trendy' places.

Perfect, thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Baan Thai is fairly run of the mill when it comes to the food in my opinion, and the decor hasn't been updated in about ten years I'd say - everything looks a bit tired or something.

Saba is the place to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Siam Thai is really nice, definitely worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Cienciano wrote: »
    Siam Thai is really nice, definitely worth a visit.

Can't say I'd agree but each to their own. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand over the years and love Thai food, but not Siam Thai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Siam Thai is so mneh for me. Really didn't enjoy it. It's nice and I wouldn't say no if all my buddies were going, but I wouldn't seek it out either.

Saba is delish. You pay thru the nose for it, but it's delish.

Fave thai in town for me is Diep Le Shaker and OMG I JUST CHECKED AND IT'S CLOSED?!?! :(

...Saba it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

athtrasna wrote: »
    Can't say I'd agree but each to their own. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand over the years and love Thai food, but not Siam Thai.

I've found thai in Ireland to be so mcuh ****ter than thai in thailand too.

...surprise surprise, I know.

Advertisement