Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in London?

Options
  • 16-09-2016 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey all! OK So I am an Irish Citizen and hold an Irish Passport. Can anyone please tell me what's the process of moving to London and working there is like? I mean do you need to get a sin number or something like that etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

National Insurance number is what you need. I can't direct you on how to make an appointment (cannot remember) but you need to have a sit-down chat in a Job Centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

theteal wrote: »
    National Insurance number is what you need. I can't direct you on how to make an appointment (cannot remember) but you need to have a sit-down chat in a Job Centre.

What if I secure a job before applying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I imagine there's the possibility of tax issues e.g. emergency tax in Ireland. Just get your NI number sorted as quickly as you can and you shouldn't have a n issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

theteal wrote: »
    I imagine there's the possibility of tax issues e.g. emergency tax in Ireland. Just get your NI number sorted as quickly as you can and you shouldn't have a n issue.

Awesome thank you very much!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Hi fontdor,

Here's a link to the megathread, which has answers to many common questions about moving to London:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602607

• Advertisement
Advertisement