Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused and don't know what comes next. . .

Options
  • 16-09-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I have been trying for a baby for a few years now on and off with no luck. I'm 30 now and am starting to worry. I had bloodwork done about a yr and a half ago but had them redone just the 5th September. Everything has come back clear and my gp is referring me to a gynaecologist, which she said could take up to 3 months for an appointment.

My question is. . . What comes next?? All of my friends have kids so I have Noone to ask or talk to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ShellcLim wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I have been trying for a baby for a few years now on and off with no luck. I'm 30 now and am starting to worry. I had bloodwork done about a yr and a half ago but had them redone just the 5th September. Everything has come back clear and my gp is referring me to a gynaecologist, which she said could take up to 3 months for an appointment.

My question is. . . What comes next?? All of my friends have kids so I have Noone to ask or talk to.

Maybe the BF is shooting blanks. Easier for him to get checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShellcLim

Maybe the BF is shooting blanks. Easier for him to get checked out.

He is going to be checked. My question was what comes next with me at the gyny 🖒

This is going back a few years, but when we were in that situation this was how things went.
    1 Sperm count and physical examination of OH.
    2 Post coital test.
    3 Laparoscopy and Dye, where tubes and all other bits and pieces were checked.

Speak to your GP or Gynaecologist or their nurses and they'll be only too willing to answer all your questions.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

For me it was:
    AMH test (blood test to check ovarian reserves)
    Ultrasound of my ovaries
    HSG to check if my Fallopian tubes had any blockages
    Semen analysis for my husband

Advertisement