Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't turn on Apple iPad

Options
  • 16-09-2016 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I can't turn on my iPad, all that's coming on is the apple logo. I tried pressing the sleep button & home button at the same time but nothing it happening only the logo is coming on & then going off after a short while. Can anyone help me out please?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What happens when you plug it into your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

The apple logo only comes on, won't connect to my computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I presume you went to the Apple support website and tried..
    https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201412

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

How to Enter Recovery Mode on the iPad:

Connect a USB cable to your PC. The cable that comes with the iPad can be used to connect it to your PC. Only connect the USB cable to your PC, not your iPad. Connecting the cable to your iPad must be done in the proper order.
    Turn off your iPad. You can accomplish this by holding down the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the iPad until a red slider appears on the screen. Activate the slider to turn the iPad off.
    Hold down the Home Button. The Home button is the round button at the bottom of the iPad, below the screen. While holding down the home button, connect the USB cable to the iPad. Your iPad should power on at this point. Keep holding the Home button down until you see the iTunes logo appear on the screen.
    If you see a battery on the screen, you will need to let the iPad charge for a bit and then repeat these steps.
    You are now in the iPad's recovery mode. You will receive a message on the screen alerting you that you have entered recovery mode. At this point, you can restore the iPad through iTunes using these instructions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

Thanks Chrisire, got it restored.

Advertisement