Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Header bar on legacy site doesn't scroll

Options
  • 16-09-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Maybe I'm going mental, but I'm nearly 100% certain that the menu bar at top of site would scroll with you when using the legacy site, so it was always at the top of the window. Now that's not working, I have to scroll to top of the page to find the menu. I'm on Chrome in Windows 10. Is it possible that I'm doing something wrong?

(If this functionality never existed - sorry!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

It does scroll with you. Works fine for me and I am using Chrome and am on W10. Do you have any add-ons with Chrome that could be affecting it such as ad-blockers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,964 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have adblocker, but have always had this. This is a new laptop though, and has touchscreen, so maybe that's the issue?

Anything?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is it a Mac? My MBP refuses to use the sticky header.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Dulpit, do you still have 'Sticky Header' selected in the User CP here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm seeing the same thing using Edge but not using Chrome.

Dulpit, do you still have 'Sticky Header' selected in the User CP here?

Yep, see attached which also shows how the header is not visible when scrolled down...

Hey,

I'm still being impacted by this bug - any ideas on what I might be able to do? Another thing, not sure I mentioned it already, but whenever I try to click the post button, or to add a smiley/etc, the page immediately jumps up a small bit as I click, so I have to move mouse and then click again to get the post to go (or for the smiley to be added).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hey dulpit, sorry to see you are still experiencing this. It might, as you mentioned, have something to do with your new device. Can you try temporarily removing adblocker on the new device to see if this makes any difference? I can't think of any other settings or variables that would have made the sticky header become unstuck at the moment.

Hey dulpit, sorry to see you are still experiencing this. It might, as you mentioned, have something to do with your new device. Can you try temporarily removing adblocker on the new device to see if this makes any difference? I can't think of any other settings or variables that would have made the sticky header become unstuck at the moment.

No joy I'm afraid, had no impact... :(

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

dulpit wrote: »
    No joy I'm afraid, had no impact... :(

Hi dulpit, by any chance do you have a non-touchscreen laptop/desktop to test this out on? Wondering if that might be an issue.

Hi dulpit, by any chance do you have a non-touchscreen laptop/desktop to test this out on? Wondering if that might be an issue.

I'll find one and try at work, will report back.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

dulpit wrote: »
    I'll find one and try at work, will report back.

Sorry, meant to add if it's running Windows 10, that would be ideal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement