Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value sim only plans

Options
  • 16-09-2016 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Packing my bags after years of being a Vodafone customer. Any recommendations as to any good value sim only, billpay plans with unlimited calls and texts with a generous data allowance ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you ruling out payg?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Davy wrote: »
    Are you ruling out payg?

Paying €25 a month for calls and texts with 2gb of data, so hoping to get something with a bit more data, but if the money's right I'm easy either way and wouldn't rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Suppose Ive always had a bill pay and don't have to remember to top up, but if the money's right I'm easy either way.
    You can set most pay as you go plans to auto topup/renew plans every 30 days these days. Would take a look at tesco mobile or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Suppose Ive always had a bill pay and don't have to remember to top up, but if the money's right I'm easy either way.

Whoever you go with, be sure to get a sim from all the providers you are interested in and check the reception everywhere you work and play. Then check out all of them on their websites. Some have excellent plans. Lycamobile have a (payg) plan for unlimited call & texts and a whopping 30gb of data for €15.00 per 30 days. If you are in business, Eir have an excellent plan of unlimited calls & texts to Ireland & U.K. and 15gb of data for €20 +vat a month.. They operate on the Meteor network, so 4g is pretty widespread. Just my 2 cents.

If already a virgin media customer you can get the unlimited plan for €10 for 6 months, normally €25. Includes 4G

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/offerdetails/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You can set most pay as you go plans to auto topup/renew plans every 30 days these days. Would take a look at tesco mobile or 3.

Would you just set up a direct debit form ?

Would you just set up a direct debit form ?

If don't even have to do that, some networks give you the option to add your bank card and automatically top you up every 30 days etc

Advertisement