Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland tickets,who got them in your place?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

That's all any school gets

Not quite true. Some schools get more. The provincial bodies that run schools football allocate them with us depending on the number of teams entered.

RealJohn wrote: »
    Yeah, we get two (per final).

A friend of mine working in an all girls school told me that they don't get any tickets for the men's matches because technically, women's GAA is separate. That doesn't seem fair to me (if true).

But they would get tickets for the ladies final?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Exactly. The tickets are distributed to schools who compete in the Male colleges competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

TheDriver wrote: »
    Again you are allocated them as an option to purchase them hence a school is actually buying them and gifting them to staff so as such, could be seen as benefit in kind. The school pays

It's not a gift in my school. If a teacher is taking the option on a ticket, they pay for the ticket themselves.

Yeah we pay for them ourselves. They never touch the hand of school management.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeah we pay for them ourselves. They never touch the hand of school management.

Are they sent to the head of PE or 'To: The GAA Coach'. How is it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

doc_17 wrote: »
    But they would get tickets for the ladies final?
    I assume so but, much like my point about the soccer before, I've never heard of anyone having difficulty getting tickets to the ladies' finals so it's not exactly the same, is it?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Are they sent to the head of PE or 'To: The GAA Coach'. How is it done?

They are distributed at the meetings we have to organise and run schools football. They aren't posted to any school in my county, they are put into the hand of a GAA teacher.

RealJohn wrote: »
    I assume so but, much like my point about the soccer before, I've never heard of anyone having difficulty getting tickets to the ladies' finals so it's not exactly the same, is it?

No, not really. But I think the GAA do it as best they can.

Advertisement