Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat altea wipers

• 16-09-2016 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi

The wipers on my seat altea are not returning to their normal position and are in the service position when off.

Anyone know how to get them to return to normal, where they retract to the side.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭FR85

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Hi

The wipers on my seat altea are not returning to their normal position and are in the service position when off.

Anyone know how to get them to return to normal, where they retract to the side.

So when you turn them off they go to the service position? Never had that, normally a flick of the switch and they return up into the pillars or if you drive off they return up.

Odd thing I found with mine is, I had an 04 stylance 1.9 and when you hit about 130kph with the wipers set on fast they would only do the "go stop" setting, I now have an FR and no matter what speed you do the wipers do what is commanded.

Both were/are superb cars. 1.9 had 240kms on the clock when I got rid of it and the FR is now kissing 310kms and still flying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

The motors were replaced on Friday and with the garage closed thought there might be a way to sort it with software.. ie. vagcom etc.

At the highest setting they are fine, both wipers work fine but at intermediate to low the are out of sync, only one side sweeps the wind shield at a time and on a recent trip the left stopped completely.. but they always then return to the service position.

Might have to be a main stealer job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

problem with the linkage all sorted now, and running better than ever.

Advertisement