Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating apps on iPad 2.

Options
  • 16-09-2016 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

With the release of iOS 10 and the fact that the iPad 2 will be stuck with iOS 9 is it advisable to update apps on the iPad 2? I've about 10 app updates waiting to be downloaded at the moment, mostly optimised for iOS 10. Would it be better to stick with the current version of those apps (the version that's already on my iPad)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

If an app no longer supports iOS 9 you may get the choice of updating to the last compatible version. I have an old original iPad and most apps on that which will not install say iOS 7 or later. You should be ok for at least a year or more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You don't have to worry about this. If the app doesn't support iOS 9 then it won't install.

Advertisement