Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT failure!

• 16-09-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks I need your help here. My Opel Corsa 2004 Petrol failed NCT badly with CO level of 12%, HC 1.3 low and 11.5% CO, 1.1 HC high idle. Lambda is 0.69. My mechanic is saying I need to change the Lambda sensor and the CAT converter in addition to the timing chain which gonna cost around e1450. He is not even sure that changing all of those parts would even solve the emission problems. I really appreciate your opinion as I am really confused about what to do. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

your lambda reading is wayyyy rich so i'd start with just replacing your lambda sensor. You'd prob. get a second hand one on adverts for 10 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭blackbox

The information points to running very rich. ThIs could be due to a problem with the lambda sensor, but it nearly seems too bad for that.

Unless it is burning oil I would suspect a problem with the MAF.

If its burning oil it's probably not worth the cost of repairs.

I would leave replacement of cat as last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IronMan1979

Cheers lads, it is not burning oil at all. I keep checking it. The mechanic couldn't believe the level of CO is this high. I am gonna start by changing the lambda sensor and then I will see how it goes from there. Thank you for your helpful replies.

Advertisement