Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Solution for Win 10 no driver

Options
  • 16-09-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

My printer is old and there is no driver for Win 10 . But I want to keep it, mainly because of it's size and form factor. Sits nicely in the corner. It's connected to a Win 7 laptop via Usb. It has no wireless or Ethernet connectivity.
    I have it shared to enable me to print from my Win 10 laptop which is really my main use now. But obviously the Win 7 must be switched on which is a pain.
    Is there any solution around this problem to keep printing without having the Win 7 active.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Do you have the original driver installation file? You could try installing under compatability mode

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

mordeith wrote: »
    Do you have the original driver installation file? You could try installing under compatability mode

Last proper driver was XP. There is no driver for Win 7 either but I found a generic HP 3600 Lidl driver that works with Win 7.
    But will try the compatability mode with that. Had forgot about that.
    I was thinking along lines of print server or some way of networking it via Usb /Ethernet adaptor.

Advertisement