Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40kwh leaf announced

• 16-09-2016 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

I see deliveries expected towards end of September 2017 ( or earlier depending on what website you read) with a serious facelift of the model. ( or not )

I can't then see a 60kwh a year after that however ?

There also seems to be confusion as to wether the my2017 will have a major facelift or not .

I'm sure the 60kwh will be in a gen2 body. So I still think there is some confusion.

I'm amazed the current leaf enclosure is handling 40 kWh without anymore heat buildup. The 30 kWh is already very sensitive. Maybe the leaf will get the upgrade to blow the AC into the battery space while charging idea.

Still currently aiming to upgrade mine by mid 2018 but either way no upgrade till ( a) the Irish rhd model 3 price is known and (b) whatever car it is it will have 60 kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Will it do the Dublin-Cork run, 160 miles?

Where has the 40 Kwh been confirmed ?

Nissan are making a mistake by not having Leaf II out in 2017.

I would imagine Leaf II would be announced in Detroit in January ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Whats the chances battery will be backwards compatible (or could be made so via a third party service provider)?

Whats the chances battery will be backwards compatible (or could be made so via a third party service provider)?

Somewhere between 0 and 0 I'd say, just like you can't swap the 24 Kwh for the 30 Kwh.

3rd party ? forget it, very risky business. It would want to be a very well established company that can provide a good warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Somewhere between 0 and 0 I'd say, just like you can't swap the 24 Kwh for the 30 Kwh.
    You're misinformed - it's possible.

3rd party ? forget it, very risky business. It would want to be a very well established company that can provide a good warranty.
    I don't agree. For ICE are there not 'third party' services all over the place? I get an allergy if I have to go to a main stealer dealer.

This market should start to flourish. There's already Mike Schooling/Indra in Worcestershire. I'm hoping others will spring up.

You're misinformed - it's possible.

What's possible ?
    I don't agree. For ICE are there not 'third party' services all over the place? I get an allergy if I have to go to a main stealer dealer.

This market should start to flourish. There's already Mike Schooling/Indra in Worcestershire. I'm hoping others will spring up.

You have to have a well established company that has plenty of experience with making batteries, and it will be a very long time before anything like this is available, especially in Ireland, there's firstly have to be a market for it.

By the time most people start buying electric cars , EV range will be 300+ kms, these batteries will be more than usable for the life of the car and I doubt many people will buy upgrades for an old car.

A lot of companies that upgraded Prius batteries in the U.S went bust leaving a lot of people out of pocket, bad quality components, dodgy battery cell supplies etc, so much can go wrong, So I'd be extremely weary of any company offering battery upgrades.

As I said, if they're a well established company with a good warranty and selling a battery at a good cost then maybe. But I wouldn't dream about it unless they have proved to be reliable and this takes years.

Advertisement