Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night (Hidalgo): Poirier v Johnson

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Poirier via Submission
    callaway92 wrote: »
    As I said earlier in the thread, this is a nothing win for the division.

Johnson isn't even a draw to be honest.

This division is the least of the UFCs worries when it comes to contenders

On the last part what is people's seemingly new obsession with fighters being "a draw" this has no bearing on great fights or fighters...CM Punk was a "draw" ffs.

Johnson has wins over Barboza and Ferguson (there was plans to make that fight again till Johnson got injured), from the divisions stand point he has kept himself relevant, a loss to Dustin to take a 3rd loss in a row and his UFC status is potentially under threat never mind divisional.

Sucks for Dustin as I'm a fan however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Poirier via Submission
    At least he copped on he was being a knob.

"My hat’s off to Dustin. I hope he recovers well,” Johnson said. “I’m going to go on the air and apologize for my actions afterwards. I just got really emotional throughout the week. I apologise to Dustin. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This division is the least of the UFCs worries when it comes to contenders

On the last part what is people's seemingly new obsession with fighters being "a draw" this has no bearing on great fights or fighters...CM Punk was a "draw" ffs.

Johnson has wins over Barboza and Ferguson (there was plans to make that fight again till Johnson got injured), from the divisions stand point he has kept himself relevant, a loss to Dustin to take a 3rd loss in a row and his UFC status is potentially under threat never mind divisional.

Sucks for Dustin as I'm a fan however.

It has a bearing for whether people want to pay the money/invest the time to watch them or not. I didn't bother watching the event last night. No interest in Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

mdwexford wrote: »
    Sucks for Dustin, back to just being a top 6-7 guy now maybe like he was at featherweight..??!!

Johnson was beyond classless, what a dickhead.

Hate to see that kinda stuff when the fights over,no need for it at all,but in fairness Dustin has form for similar kind of celebrations,maybe not as bad as that last night but he definitely overcelebrates sometimes imo.

Poirier via Submission
    It has a bearing for whether people want to pay the money/invest the time to watch them or not. I didn't bother watching the event last night. No interest in Johnson.

If that's the case in the same vein you'd no real interest in Dustin either apart from being preferable to MJ so I don't know what your point is.

Drawing power an issue before an event nah only after to those cashing the cheques after...who sits down to an event thinking I hope at least another 600k have as much interest in Khabib etc. as I do???

Is your interest in fights for interest solely generated by the UFC marketing machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That's why I'm not a fan of uppercuts. They are an extremely risky punch especially in that type of exchange, leave you hugely exposed.

If that's the case in the same vein you'd no real interest in Dustin either apart from being preferable to MJ so I don't know what your point is.

Drawing power an issue before an event nah only after to those cashing the cheques after...who sits down to an event thinking I hope at least another 600k have as much interest in Khabib etc. as I do???

Is your interest in fights for interest solely generated by the UFC marketing machine?

What are you talking about?

Poirier via Submission
    What are you talking about?

Why fighter X who "isn't a draw" but wins a fight is downgraded to a nothing win IYO and such I think you know what I'm talking about it but assume it just got too much for you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Good to see Johnson apologize anyway, one hell of a dick move.

Great KO though

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Poirier via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    I seen 4 subs from this card.
    Benitez: standing no-arm guillotine
    Randy Brown: no-arm guillotine
    Chad Skelly: Anaconda

And a RNC

Guys getting choked left and right.

The ring announcer called Skelly's a guillotine. Which confused me.

Good to see Johnson apologize anyway, one hell of a dick move.

Great KO though

Ya it was a dick move but sure you had Poirier putting his fingers to MJ's head in a gun sign at the weigh ins. I hate seeing that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Oh for sure Poirier is no saint

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The ring announcer called Skelly's a guillotine. Which confused me.
    Hmmm, that's pretty odd. The other two where a bit hybridy, but Skellys was a fairly standard looking anaconda to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Herb had a bad night, didn't spot the choke too quick and stopped a fight too early.

Advertisement