Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PureHMV Closing

Options
  • 16-09-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

this morning I received an email from PureHMV, informing me the PureHMV programme will cease on 6th October and that all points left in my account (101,000 in mine) will be unable to be used after that date and that I should go to the site and redeem my points.

All the rewards bar 2 (a poster and a dvd) are out of stock.

there are no active competitions

there are no events

store credit is useless, because i do not live near any stores and i believe they are all gone into liquidation anyway.

They probably have some T&C that state they can do this, but surely they must be a legal right to offer more.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Even if there is, and I'm doubtful there is once the company goes into liquidation it's essentially dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

But the HMV online website is not going into liquidation, also the email stated the reward scheme would be back in 2017 in a different form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

johndoe99 wrote: »
    But the HMV online website is not going into liquidation, also the email stated the reward scheme would be back in 2017 in a different form.

Are you sure? I'd be very surprised if HMV isn't at least 15 different companies in various jurisdictions in holding companies.

The first step of enforcing your rights would be finding that out. You could then try the SmCCP in the District Court.

Advertisement