Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Clubs or non-competitive sports

Options
  • 16-09-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hi recently moved up to Kilcoglan area and im looking for a hobby as such. Anytime of the day or night really. Im not competitive so I find it hard with sports etc, used to love rowing until the season started for the comps...

Anyone here have any suggestions.. We talking early 30's lady... I like everything really except golf or football that kinda craic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Toastmasters on every second Tuesday in the Maldron Hotel in Oranmore is an interesting evening out. Plus it helps develop both speaking and listening skills. The open night is tomorrow night (20th September), so its free in. I've been a member for the past year and I have to say I really enjoy it. Might be worth popping in to have a look. Starts at 7:45

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi Tipsy and thank you for the reply.. Not sure would I be a toast master person, or well i was looking for something to get more active perhaps.. Waking club or something that involves using my legs a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

More leg use, eh?! There's a park run every Saturday morning in Renville Park in Oranmore. It's a timed 5k, run/jog/walk, whatever suits. It starts at 9:30 sharp and aside from actually doing the event they're always looking for volunteers to help out. More info here http://www.parkrun.ie/oranmore/
    If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ahh!! Are you himself signed in under a different name :) we only just went to Renville Park Sunday loverly spot, cant believe they have the bbqs there fecking great idea mind is the park open at night or well in the evenings during the summer? Yeah not much of a runner either or an early morning person but himself is maybe maybe I could try it out ill look into the volunteer side of it, maybe they don't have to be awake that early

Advertisement