Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games and ipad pro

Options
  • 17-09-2016 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

So I am planning to get an ipad for the usual nextflix, plex and lots gaming. I think the ipad air 2 suits, seeing as there likely won't be an air 3 until next march (going by rumours). My question is whether there is anything out there gaming wise which would justify getting a 9.7 inch pro instead. Sure it's twice as powerful graphically compared to the air 2 but that's in benchmarks, and I just haven't seen any apps or games that take advantage of the extra power the A9X offers in the Pro ? The only advantages of the Pro I guess is the cameras (but I have a phone for that) and of course has superior speakers and the best display of any mobile device. Not sure it's worth the extra outlay though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I would say for the price, the Air 2 is excellent. I doubt you'll notice any real differences between the two speed wise. The Pro has the advantage of Apple Pencil but if that's of no use, I can't see a lot of games running majorly differently between the two.

The pro has a slightly better screen, and stereo speakers, but a lot of games are played in landscape which means your hands could block the speakers while holding it anyway.

If you want the absolute best and money is no issue, get the Pro, but if you want to save a bit and don't mind slightly slower load times then the Air is great, especially for the lower price.

Advertisement