Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling gear in Dublin City

Options
  • 17-09-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hi Boards!

I just started cycling to work in Dublin and as we enter the colder parts of the year I need to get some more cycling gear (tights, tops etc).

Where in the city is good/cheap for getting cycling clothes? I tried TK Maxx and Elverys and they didn't stock any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Hi Boards!

I just started cycling to work in Dublin and as we enter the colder parts of the year I need to get some more cycling gear (tights, tops etc).

Where in the city is good/cheap for getting cycling clothes? I tried TK Maxx and Elverys and they didn't stock any.

How far are you cycling?
    Ive a small commute 20k and
    I've found standard jogging tights do just fine for cooler weather and can pick up quite cheap in any sports shop or if your on a budget penneys and dunnes the same goes for tops and base layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Aldi should have gear at the end of the month , normally last week in September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ted1 wrote: »
    Aldi should have gear at the end of the month , normally last week in September

Thank heavens! I missed out on the last set of cycling gear in Lidl. Is the Aldi stuff any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Thank heavens! I missed out on the last set of cycling gear in Lidl. Is the Aldi stuff any good?

Aldi have their stuff starting the 29th.

Personally I prefer the aldi gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I missed out on the Lidl and Aldi gear unfortunately, any recommendations on stores to go to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I missed out on the Lidl and Aldi gear unfortunately, any recommendations on stores to go to?
    Might still be worth a punt in Aldi. Still had some of the gear in Greystones when I was in over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

:D
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bike+shops+dublin+city+centre

not been smart but have you tried any bike shops like Cycleways or the likes? they have all the best gear else have a look online at Wiggle, Chainreactioncycles, etc.

Advertisement