Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Did any of you ask and get an answer to what the delay actually is?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Did any of you ask and get an answer to what the delay actually is?

We rang last week and were told houses just needed water and electricity. But considering we haven't even got a contract back from them... and haven't been called to even snag yet I think they are fobbing us off :( I'm panicking , we are now looking to sign for the house with a little person after arriving that wasn't down as a dependant on our initial mortgage application that was months ago .....: anyone know how this works out? Do we play dumb? Due in less than a month ....

hw1234 wrote: »
    We rang last week and were told houses just needed water and electricity. But considering we haven't even got a contract back from them... and haven't been called to even snag yet I think they are fobbing us off :( I'm panicking , we are now looking to sign for the house with a little person after arriving that wasn't down as a dependant on our initial mortgage application that was months ago .....: anyone know how this works out? Do we play dumb? Due in less than a month ....

last time i was up i noticed they were running the show houses off a generator so perhaps they really don't have electricity yet,
    Although you could snag the house without power, whats the point when half the stuff won't work.

Regarding your mortgage I'm not sure what yo should do, If it was really tight to start with id be playing dumb cause obviously your wife is on maternity leave as well probably lowering your income.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

I just wish someone would be straight with us. We explained situation to both SF and foreman and it hasn't made any difference, all we get told for everything is "December" .....

If I hear "you'll be in before Christmas" one more time I think I will cry!

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    If I hear "you'll be in before Christmas" one more time I think I will cry!

Biting my tongue with that response myself! 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

There's nothing they can do about ESB taking their time. It's in their interest to sell the houses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

These delays are ridiculous and people are being messed around I think..
    Check today

The estimated date of closing is December for the lawn

The snagging will hopefully happen within the next 10 days/2 weeks.

Just checked on eircode.ie the address 1-8 the lawn are available, but it's not full address.

8 THE LAWN
    DUBLIN 15
    D15 K6YN

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

dannybi wrote: »
    These delays are ridiculous and people are being messed around I think..
    Check today

The estimated date of closing is December for the lawn

The snagging will hopefully happen within the next 10 days/2 weeks.
    got the same reply when I asked them whether I can go to the site and see the house this weekend. They told me no, but snagging will be in next 10 days. I'm panic, because I will be away for one month from the beginning of Dec. Don't know how to handle the left process if I'm not here.

got the same reply when I asked them whether I can go to the site and see the house this weekend. They told me no, but snagging will be in next 10 days. I'm panic, because I will be away for one month from the beginning of Dec. Don't know how to handle the left process if I'm not here.

Don't think you need to ask SF, just ask security or Forman they should let you in for a quick look. Hope it helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

Don't think you need to ask SF, just ask security or Forman they should let you in for a quick look. Hope it helps

Highly doubt the foreman or security would allow this. No harm in asking though.

Nucflash wrote:
    Highly doubt the foreman or security would allow this. No harm in asking though.

I was there two weeks ago, Brain was letting me in, no harm to give him a quick call before the visit.

I was there two weeks ago, Brain was letting me in, no harm to give him a quick call before the visit.
    Forgot to ask for Brian's phone number when we visited our house could you PM it to me? We've asked SF for the builders contact details to ask about paints, tiles and the kitchen/wardrobe manufacturer but we've received no reply.

Is Brian security or foreman? If someone has foreman she number could you pm it to me?
    Sherry Fitzgerald will give you nothing. Waste of time asking.

Anybody else just receive email to give permission to transfer the booking deposit €5000 to another account from
    AMOSS?

Anybody else just receive email to give permission to transfer the booking deposit €5000 to another account from
    AMOSS?

Yep. They should now confirm the completion date in the next few days.

Nucflash wrote: »
    Yep. They should now confirm the completion date in the next few days.

They can't confirm when the water and electricity will be connected so not sure how they will be able to confirm a completion date..

They can't confirm when the water and electricity will be connected so not sure how they will be able to confirm a completion date..

There must be a development that we are not aware of. As far as I know water has been connected and it is just electricity that is outstanding.

AMOSS?
    I wouldn't give permission until the water/electricity are hooked up...

SF rep on phone call today said people who have signed their contracts are going to snagging this week. Which I find hard to believe given there is no electricity hooked up.

• Advertisement

SF rep on phone call today said people who have signed their contracts are going to snagging this week. Which I find hard to believe given there is no electricity hooked up.

I've worked on a lot of housing estates and snagging without power or water is fairly common. Just make sure to write down on snag list that you reserve the right to Re snag it when everything is connected.

Doing this does speed things up.
    Of coarse having both connected would be the better option.

It is not up to the builder when the esb decides to connect the houses.

Agreed - what is the point of snagging with no electricity/water...looks like they are now trying to rush things along

I've worked on a lot of housing estates and snagging without power or water is fairly common. Just make sure to write down on snag list that you reserve the right to Re snag it when everything is connected.

Doing this does speed things up.
    Of coarse having both connected would be the better option.

It is not up to the builder when the esb decides to connect the houses.

I have been advised not to snag unless the house is connected to electricity and water by my surveyor

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

I have been advised not to snag unless the house is connected to electricity and water by my surveyor

Hi Eire_2016, could you please pm me your surveyor contact details? I got email from SF today saying they inspect me to do snagging this week. They said water and electricity will be connected next week and I can check this in the final inspection.

Does anybody know how the snagging works? Will the surveyor go to check the house twice, first time, raise the questions; Then after the builder fix them, he will go to the house again to check whether all problems are fixed?

Hi guys got same email regarding surveying this week. Totally new to this so excuse my stupidity. Are a surveyor and a snagger two separate people to send in? What are people being quoted for a survey? I have heard quotes between €250-€750.

If anyone could pass on recommendations/ advice it'd be greatly appreciated

Getting a survey done when there is no electricity or water connected to the house is like inspecting a car without an engine! In my view it's a waste of time! SF seem to have decided to ring round and suggest that the snagging can go ahead without either of these connected...a surveyor will carry inspect the hours and put together the snag list. They invariably charge per visit so it makes sense to get them to do one full snag list when the electricity and water are connected rather than doing two separate ones as SF seem to be suggesting. Just my view!

Getting a survey done when there is no electricity or water connected to the house is like inspecting a car without an engine! In my view it's a waste of time! SF seem to have decided to ring round and suggest that the snagging can go ahead without either of these connected...a surveyor will carry inspect the hours and put together the snag list. They invariably charge per visit so it makes sense to get them to do one full snag list when the electricity and water are connected rather than doing two separate ones as SF seem to be suggesting. Just my view!

Eire a snag list will contain minor things like painting quality, paint on switches/sockets/windows,
    Doors not closing properly,
    Damaged surfaces,
    Missing fittings.

Its not a structural survey by any means,
    (get an engineer if you want that)

Its not difficult to check whether a light switch works or a toilet flush's or a leaking pipe.
    Practically everyone can do that themselves.

If people are crying to get in before christmas, purposely slowing down the finishing won't help anyone.

Eire a snag list will contain minor things like painting quality, paint on switches/sockets/windows,
    Doors not closing properly,
    Damaged surfaces,
    Missing fittings.

Its not a structural survey by any means,
    (get an engineer if you want that)

Its not difficult to check whether a light switch works or a toilet flush's or a leaking pipe.
    Practically everyone can do that themselves.

If people are crying to get in before christmas, purposely slowing down the finishing won't help anyone.
    Any decent surveyor will tell you kit to be rushed in situations like these and believe me the last thing I want to do is slow anything down - I have not caused any delays. The heating system cannot be checked without electricity/water as far as I am aware so I think that the surveyor would be checking more than whether the jacks flush with respect

Is a valuation report a survey? We got one done a few weeks back as bank required it, but it stated another visit was required.

I'm so confused if I need to pay two other people now to survey and snag...

• Advertisement

Is a valuation report a survey? We got one done a few weeks back as bank required it, but it stated another visit was required.

I'm so confused if I need to pay two other people now to survey and snag...
    no a valuation report is something that the mortgage lender gets done to satisfy themselves that the property that the mortgage relates to is worth the money that is being paid for it. A surveyor will inspect the property and put together a snag list for you and this is given to the builder who should then go about fixing these issues. Once you get confirmation that the issues raised have been fixed you can then either re-inspect yourself or get your surveyor to - up to you. Some people get a surveyor to put together the snag list and some people do it themselves. As this is likely going to be one of the biggest financial transactions most people are ever likely to make my view is that a surveyor should be employed and the process should not be rushed

Advertisement