Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Any decent surveyor will tell you kit to be rushed in situations like these and believe me the last thing I want to do is slow anything down - I have not caused any delays. The heating system cannot be checked without electricity/water as far as I am aware so I think that the surveyor would be checking more than whether the jacks flush with respect

Sorry if it seems I'm arguing with you Eire, I can assure you I am not. (we will be neighbours after all :)
    When you do get your snag done and see whats written on it yu will be shocked how basic it is.

Regarding the heating system, the snagger will put his hand on the radiator and check if there is hot water in the taps.

I could guarantee you, that your house is more than likely completely finished and not been worked on at all at the moment (interior anyhow)
    So it is not been rushed along as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Sorry if it seems I'm arguing with you Eire, I can assure you I am not. (we will be neighbours after all :)
    When you do get your snag done and see whats written on it yu will be shocked how basic it is.

Regarding the heating system, the snagger will put his hand on the radiator and check if there is hot water in the taps.

I could guarantee you, that your house is more than likely completely finished and not been worked on at all at the moment (interior anyhow)
    So it is not been rushed along as you say.
    It's fine future neighbour :-)! I have been chasing SF for the last number of weeks though and keep getting the same response "you will be on befire Christmas" and it gets annoying after a time now they seem to be suggesting that it is fine to go ahead and get snag done and then come back for the water and electricity - just looks like they are running out of time and are now rushing the process along...

It's fine future neighbour :-)! I have been chasing SF for the last number of weeks though and keep getting the same response "you will be on befire Christmas" and it gets annoying after a time now they seem to be suggesting that it is fine to go ahead and get snag done and then come back for the water and electricity - just looks like they are running out of time and are now rushing the process along...

I'd imagine they are they are running out of time Eire, The esb are 100% responsible for connecting the houses to the grid, No one else can go near it.
    It would already be certified by the electrician (otherwise it won't be connected)
    so his work is finished, the plumber will have a few hours work commissioning the heating when its connected to power, then thats it.
    Don't forget when it comes down to drawing down your mortgage from the bank this can be time consuming as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Does anybody know how the snagging works? Will the surveyor go to check the house twice, first time, raise the questions; Then after the builder fix them, he will go to the house again to check whether all problems are fixed?

Hi Eire_2016, could you please pm me your surveyor contact details? I got email from SF today saying they inspect me to do snagging this week. They said water and electricity will be connected next week and I can check this in the final inspection.

It costs between 150 -250 for snagging, and an additional 100 for final inspection, assume the water and electricity Will be check ed then.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Its not difficult to check whether a light switch works or a toilet flush's or a leaking pipe. Practically everyone can do that themselves.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Eire a snag list will contain minor things like painting quality, paint on switches/sockets/windows, Doors not closing properly, Damaged surfaces, Missing fittings.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Its not a structural survey by any means, (get an engineer if you want that)

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    If people are crying to get in before christmas, purposely slowing down the finishing won't help anyone.

Agree, It's time to have your list:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Ok so I have a snagger organised who is to inspect fittings/ windows/ sockets etc .....would I need a structural survey done on top of this by an engineer? Or is a snag sufficient for a new build.

You all have full permission to slap me in person for the questions once we are all moved in.

hw1234 wrote: »
    Ok so I have a snagger organised who is to inspect fittings/ windows/ sockets etc .....would I need a structural survey done on top of this by an engineer? Or is a snag sufficient for a new build.

You all have full permission to slap me in person for the questions once we are all moved in.

The builder would have an engineer who will have to sign off on your house,

Also you will have a 10 year structural bond wit with the house,

however there is nothing stopping you from getting your own engineer if you really really wanted

hw1234 wrote: »

At least u aren't being accused of purposely slowing things down by one of your neighbour's to be!

hw1234 wrote:

Structural survey is normally for second hand house, it costs 400-600€, don't think we need it for new building. It's my opinion only.

At least u aren't being accused of purposely slowing things down by one of your neighbour's to be!

Ah now Eire, i'll have to bring you for a pint to make it up to you. :):D

• Advertisement

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Ah now Eire, i'll have to bring you for a pint to make it up to you. :):D
    All is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

That's a million guys, I am trying to make this less painful on the pocket so I won't be getting structural survey on top on snagger as it isn't essential.

Your all so helpful! Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

So happy to see all discussions about snagging tonight :)

After reading all posts, I still don't know whether I should do the snagging this week as SF required. I prefer to do it when water and electricity is ready, but this won't happen this week. But I will be away from next Thursday for one month, and it's not sure yet which day of next week they will have water and electricity ready. So I doubt I can do it next week as well. So I'm worried what will happen if I don't do snagging on Dec? Can I do it on Jan when I come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yep of course, I'll wait given snaggers can be made available at short notice. Not sure there is much rush, if the power isn't available we won't be moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

After reading all posts, I still don't know whether I should do the snagging this week as SF required. I prefer to do it when water and electricity is ready, but this won't happen this week. But I will be away from next Thursday for one month, and it's not sure yet which day of next week they will have water and electricity ready. So I doubt I can do it next week as well. So I'm worried what will happen if I don't do snagging on Dec? Can I do it on Jan when I come back?

Are you planning doing your own snagging?

Not to be recommended if you don't have a background in the construction industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Are you planning doing your own snagging?

Not to be recommended if you don't have a background in the construction industry.
    Thanks Pat. No, I don't plan to do the snagging by my own. I wrote to SF today, telling them I want to do snag when water and electricity is connected. But given the current progress, I'm afraid I have to do it in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hi All, does anyone know if there is a Homebond or any other third party guarantee with the Hansfield Woods houses?

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Hi All, does anyone know if there is a Homebond or any other third party guarantee with the Hansfield Woods houses?

Global home warranties supply the structural bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Snaglist done when the builder says the house is finished and ready to move into otherwise you are getting a finishing list done for him. It should typically be done about two weeks before you close,

Anyone have any news? Has anyone put their snag list together? Have the issues raised been fixed up?

• Advertisement

Eire_2016 wrote:
    Anyone have any news? Has anyone put their snag list together? Have the issues raised been fixed up?

I booked my snagging tomorrow, and I know few other people will get it done tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

dannybi wrote: »
    I booked my snagging tomorrow, and I know few other people will get it done tomorrow as well.

Mine not being done until next Friday. Surveyor would like the water and electricity connected.

Nucflash wrote: »
    Mine not being done until next Friday. Surveyor would like the water and electricity connected.

Have you got a closing date? Wonder will they be connected by next Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hey guy's, jumped on to see your progress and delight to hear many of you will be in before Christmas.

I also want to point out how great it is to see so many helpful and friendly people there are here.

Let me know how snagging goes.

See you in April /May.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

Have you got a closing date? Wonder will they be connected by next Friday?

No date set in stone but they are pushing for a pre xmas close. Will depend on how the snag goes.

mooneyd wrote:
    Hey guy's, jumped on to see your progress and delight to hear many of you will be in before Christmas.

mooneyd wrote:
    I also want to point out how great it is to see so many helpful and friendly people there are here.

mooneyd wrote:
    Let me know how snagging goes.

Got my one done yesterday, surveyor advised that good builder finish in general, will send details on Monday, I had noticed one door lock/handle damage, which included in the list to builder next week, newline will not do any wish list before closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Got my one done yesterday, surveyor advised that good builder finish in general, will send details on Monday, I had noticed one door lock/handle damage, which included in the list to builder next week, newline will not do any wish list before closing date.

Who are newline?

What do you mean wish list?

mooneyd wrote: »
    Who are newline?
    Newline Homes are the builders, http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Newline-Homes-Limited-564216

• Advertisement

Happy to hear the finish is good, here is a quick write up from the manufacturer of the walls on the project, with some photos http://alcrete.ie/2016/09/hansfield-houses-blanchardstown/

I have the same question as AGUSIA1 about the wish list. I presume you mean extra work to be done and not the snag list? What sort of work are you talking about btw? Did you have to negotiate this with Brian or did he just pass on the contractors details?

Advertisement