Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Eshal

Would you please guide me plz?
    I have booked 3 bed house in Hansfield wood but it's ensuite bath room has no window so what should I do ? Need suggestions / comments plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Eshal wrote: »
    Would you please guide me plz?
    I have booked 3 bed house in Hansfield wood but it's ensuite bath room has no window so what should I do ? Need suggestions / comments plz?

Not sure what suggestions you want? You have booked a house which has an ensuite with no window...perhaps you should have booked one with a window?

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Not sure what suggestions you want? You have booked a house which has an ensuite with no window...perhaps you should have booked one with a window?

I mean to say that as far as I know A1 semi detached, B1 semi detached houses and D1 end terraced and teracced houses ensuite bath room do not have windows ... May be I am wrong ? Would you please double check and let me know plz ? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

I mean to say that as far as I know A1 semi detached, B1 semi detached houses and D1 end terraced and teracced houses ensuite bath room do not have windows ... May be I am wrong ? Would you please double check and let me know plz ? Thx[/

Well terraced defo doesn't have one

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

hw1234 wrote: »
    I mean to say that as far as I know A1 semi detached, B1 semi detached houses and D1 end terraced and teracced houses ensuite bath room do not have windows ... May be I am wrong ? Would you please double check and let me know plz ? Thx[/

Well terraced defo doesn't have one

• Advertisement

I mean to say that as far as I know A1 semi detached, B1 semi detached houses and D1 end terraced and teracced houses ensuite bath room do not have windows ... May be I am wrong ? Would you please double check and let me know plz ? Thx
    Perhaps you could go online and check yourself? All planning details for the development are available on Fingal county council website in the planning section. Surely this is something you should have asked/considered before booking?

i did see the window in the ensuit bathroom of the d1 type 3 bed show house...

Actualy we came to know today that ensuites might not do have windows .....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

I have the same question as AGUSIA1 about the wish list. I presume you mean extra work to be done and not the snag list? What sort of work are you talking about btw? Did you have to negotiate this with Brian or did he just pass on the contractors details?

yes, I mean extra work like add new sockets on the wall, not the snag list, Brain is not in the position to negotiate and extra work begore closing, he will only fix what is on the snag list. Also it's not easy to fixing a timber post to an externally insulated wall for garden gate, have to follow builder's instruction / guild on your closing document I assume.

stany79 wrote: »
    i did see the window in the ensuit bathroom of the d1 type 3 bed show house...

In show house there is a window in ensuite bathroom but actualy there might not be window in houses , if you will see structure plan , it does not show any window in ensuite bath rooms.....

• Advertisement

???

Perhaps you could go online and check yourself? All planning details for the development are available on Fingal county council website in the planning section. Surely this is something you should have asked/considered before booking?

We came to know today.
    Show house ensuite has window but in other D1 houses there is no window in ensuite as far as i know , i just came to know today ...

By the way what house type you have booked in Hansfield wood ?

We came to know today.
    Show house ensuite has window but in other D1 houses there is no window in ensuite as far as i know , i just came to know today ...

2 weeks ago I asked abt this to sf and they confirmed everything remains the same as show houses. Eshal from where did you get this info?

Hi guys, anyone noticed that the show house no 3, the actually layout is different from the map (d1)? I don't understand how it happens, the builder made a mistake during the construction process or the ads people made a mistake when designing the brochure? Can we still trust the house will be built with an effort? Is such things common in Ireland? My colleagues always telling me here people are more relax, so I accept that don't expecting the bus will be on time, but at least the whole structure of the house should be the same as the map! Or should I lower my expectation again?
    Hi , we came to know today from layout that there is no window in ensuite bath room in D 1, would you plz let us know what other changes you have noticed in D1 house as compare to show house of D 1 plz? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

En-suites with no windows will have mechanical ventilation, I don't know how noisy it will be because I think they were turned off in the show houses.

Eshal wrote:
    Would you please guide me plz? I have booked 3 bed house in Hansfield wood but it's ensuite bath room has no window so what should I do ? Need suggestions / comments plz?

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    What do you mean wish list?

I mean extra work

mooneyd wrote:
    Who are newline?

Builder

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

Hi Eshal, I know what you mean. I raise the same question to SF when I went there the second time. It's a ridiculous mistake, either the plan on the brochure is wrong, or the workers made some mistakes. It drove me crazy, but eventually I gave it up and lower my expectations.

Eshal wrote:
    Hi , we came to know today from layout that there is no window in ensuite bath room in D 1, would you plz let us know what other changes you have noticed in D1 house as compare to show house of D 1 plz? Thanks

There are two types of D1, one had window in ensuite, other had window on stairs, so they are normally on each side of end of terence, D1 floor plans had both.

• Advertisement

Just to clarify that
    There are two types of D1, one had window in ensuite, other had window on stairs, so they are normally on each side of end of terence, old floor plans had both D1 types, however, you got a large window on the stairs landing, the show house stairs landing bit dark, so I assume designer take stairs window priority to the window in the ensuite, it's just the way they design, to be honest, I like the stairs window more then ensuite window, hope it helps.

Hi Eshal, I know what you mean. I raise the same question to SF when I went there the second time. It's a ridiculous mistake, either the plan on the brochure is wrong, or the workers made some mistakes. It drove me crazy, but eventually I gave it up and lower my expectations.

Hi, xfdublin 2016 The show house is number 3 the lawn, number 6 is the floor plan for further D1 type development, as I said earlier, both floor plans were on the old brochure for phase 1, SF should let people know that there are different layout, it's not a mistake, SF just need to clarify this with buyer who interesting in D1, however, both D1 types have a window just in different side of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hey all, I visited the show houses today. Disappointed the party walls are stud partitions. I thought they may be precast concrete like the external walls. Has anybody technical spec of the party wall build-up or expected acoustic rating / performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Hey all, I visited the show houses today. Disappointed the party walls are stud partitions. I thought they may be precast concrete like the external walls. Has anybody technical spec of the party wall build-up or expected acoustic rating / performance?

Jake the party walls are precast. What made you think differently.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »

ONE SIDE of each party wall is battened and a plasterboard fixed too it. Maybe you knocked on this side and presumed it was hollow.

Wonder how sound proof that makes them? SF certainly pushed how quiet they will be

Wonder how sound proof that makes them? SF certainly pushed how quiet they will be

I'd imagine it would be quite good, Looking forward to hearing your opinion on it when you move in, any date yet?

I'd imagine it would be quite good, Looking forward to hearing your opinion on it when you move in, any date yet?

No date yet how about you?

No date yet how about you?

I'm not till febuary or march, No panic yet

• Advertisement

Guys, all the terrace houses are built to the same hand (not opposite each other like a semi) This means that (take a five block that have a front door on the left hand side for example) The furthest house to the left as you look at it and the next 3 to the right of it will all have no windows in the ensuite, however the first one (again to the left as you look) will have a window in the upstairs landing.
    The remaining house (end one to extreme right) will have a window in its ensuite.
    They are not built or planned wrong, this is intentional in the design

Advertisement