Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Eire_2016 wrote:
    Wonder how sound proof that makes them? SF certainly pushed how quiet they will be

35-45 dBm checked while large construction machine is operating on site and with traffic, it quites noisy outside, 40 db likes quite library.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Jake the party walls are precast. What made you think differently.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    ONE SIDE of each party wall is battened and a plasterboard fixed too it. Maybe you knocked on this side and presumed it was hollow.

I knocked on the other side of wall, it's precast, just try to move a virgin media connection box to the centre of this wall, but builder seem to have a problem as there isn't plasterboard fixed at our side of party wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Thank Agusia.. I just saw the "stud wall" from the road in an ongoing new build yesterday and assumed this was the main party wall fabric! any knowing why they did it this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Thank Agusia.. I just saw the "stud wall" from the road in an ongoing new build yesterday and assumed this was the main party wall fabric! any knowing why they did it this way?

I would presume it's the minimum standard.

dannybi wrote: »
    I knocked on the other side of wall, it's precast, just try to move a virgin media connection box to the centre of this wall, but builder seem to have a problem as there isn't plasterboard fixed at our side of party wall.

Jake, the opposite wall is a stud wall (between hall and sitting room. I am going to put my to on this wall and couch on the party wall.

• Advertisement

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Jake, the opposite wall is a stud wall (between hall and sitting room. I am going to put my to on this wall and couch on the party wall.

Sure, but we still want to put our couch opposite the party wall, builder will check if there is anything they could do for me.

dannybi wrote: »
    Sure, but we still want to put our couch opposite the party wall, builder will check if there is anything they could do for me.

Jake, was up there earlier to see my own house, it appears both sides of the party wall are being battened now (this varies from the spec, which says only one side, however this is better so not too worry)
    So moving cable box and socket to centre of this wall is definitely possible but still requires a good bit of work.
    Take off skirting run cables etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Would the party wall be able to take the weight of a large TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Anyone notice that the sockets in some of the bedrooms are in the floor and not on the wall? Wonder why they are not on the wall?

Would the party wall be able to take the weight of a large TV?

Proper fixing into the precast would hold up 10 tvs,

• Advertisement

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Anyone notice that the sockets in some of the bedrooms are in the floor and not on the wall? Wonder why they are not on the wall?

because its precast and would involve putting conduit into the walls during the manufacturing process in the factory, complicating matters.
    Much easier to run wires through he open web joist and put sockets in the floors where they won't be seen, like under a bed

because its precast and would involve putting conduit into the walls during the manufacturing process in the factory, complicating matters.
    Much easier to run wires through he open web joist and put sockets in the floors where they won't be seen, like under a bed

Going to be an issue if one wants wooden floors in the bedroo though...

Going to be an issue if one wants wooden floors in the bedroo though...

No, it won't, fitted loads of wooden floors round these sockets, Works the exact same way as a wall socket.

No, it won't, fitted loads of wooden floors round these sockets, Works the exact same way as a wall socket.

Ok - thanks for all the info

Proper fixing into the precast would hold up 10 tvs,
    Sorry, I was talking about the stud walls.

Sorry, I was talking about the stud walls.

They's also have no problem holding up a very large tv croc,
    Get someone that Knows what there doing to fit the bracket for you before you hang your prized new tv on it.

Power was hooked up this morning. Only council sewage check still left to allow the houses to move to done.

Power was hooked up this morning. Only council sewage check still left to allow the houses to move to done.

Great news - where did u hear that croc? I haven't heard of any council sewage check until ur message....?

Great news - where did u hear that croc? I haven't heard of any council sewage check until ur message....?
    Security personnel on site said that they were working on the power all morning. I've never heard of the sewer check either before, I presume it's standard stuff from the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

thanks Agusia...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi I have just placed a booking deposit on phase 2 (the Paddocks). I was told completion date is April, has anyone heard anything else? Thanks

Hi I have just placed a booking deposit on phase 2 (the Paddocks). I was told completion date is April, has anyone heard anything else? Thanks

Is it the apartments that are the paddocks?

Is it the apartments that are the paddocks?

The apartments are at the front of the Paddocks estate, they may too be called the Paddocks I'm not sure. The houses on that side are called the Paddocks, not Hansfield Wood for some reason! I placed a deposit on a house.

The apartments are at the front of the Paddocks estate, they may too be called the Paddocks I'm not sure. The houses on that side are called the Paddocks, not Hansfield Wood for some reason! I placed a deposit on a house.

Ah ok - congrats, they are shaping up very nicely indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hey, I'm not sure if it's the Paddocks also but if you continue up the avenue I've bought #8 its the B2 on the corner across from the 6 A1's.

I've been told late April early May.

Talked to Brian the foreman today and he said they expect to have the houses on The Lawn that are being made available for snagging to be hooked up to power and water and ready to go by Tomorrow. We should be snagging on Friday.

Talked to Brian the foreman today and he said they expect to have the houses on The Lawn that are being made available for snagging to be hooked up to power and water and ready to go by Tomorrow. We should be snagging on Friday.

We bought on the Drive so I'm hoping April/May.

mooneyd wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not sure if it's the Paddocks also but if you continue up the avenue I've bought #8 its the B2 on the corner across from the 6 A1's.

I've been told late April early May.

Thanks, we're the Drive so we'll be April/May also.

Anyone heard anything more on this?

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything more on this?
    I talked to Brian today but forgot to ask, I also need to ask when the houses will be registered with the council/eircode as you can't get insurance without that. There is no chance of closing before Christmas at this stage but hopefully it should be all be sorted by end of January.

Advertisement