Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

I talked to Brian today but forgot to ask, I also need to ask when the houses will be registered with the council/eircode as you can't get insurance without that. There is no chance of closing before Christmas at this stage but hopefully it should be all be sorted by end of January.

We managed to secure home insurance
    With Zurich without the eir code....but were quoted cheaper with it , which is a total pain. We are still hoping to close ASAP as we are under pressure so didn't have time on our side wait . Nusance

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Number 1-8 the lawn have eircode,

I talked to Brian today but forgot to ask, I also need to ask when the houses will be registered with the council/eircode as you can't get insurance without that. There is no chance of closing before Christmas at this stage but hopefully it should be all be sorted by end of January.

Yes you can get home insurance without eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

dannybi wrote: »
    Yes you can get home insurance without eircode.
    Interesting, we've been looking on line and without an address they won't quote, I presume if you call they will arrange something for you. Either way the bank has said the last day they will be able to start processing applications to close before Christmas is next Monday. Given snagging turn around of around 2 weeks that makes it impossible to close until next year. Thankfully we aren't under time pressure so we can wait until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Anyone snagged yet? Care to share you list?

• Advertisement

mooneyd wrote:
    Anyone snagged yet? Care to share you list?

I did my one last week, but the surveyor power off his phone, and can't get him for last three days, he promised to send report on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Drove by this evening and lights on in a number of houses..

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Yep, talked to Brian today and he said the houses on The Lawn up to no. 23 should have power now (apart from one), water should be all done by Friday, I think he said they were chlorinating the water. It's a real pity that your snagger isn't responding dannybi it would be interesting to hear what he found.

Yep, talked to Brian today and he said the houses on The Lawn up to no. 23 should have power now (apart from one), water should be all done by Friday, I think he said they were chlorinating the water. It's a real pity that your snagger isn't responding dannybi it would be interesting to hear what he found.

Great to see the lights on - why would they be doing that to the water?

Great to see the lights on - why would they be doing that to the water?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I may have misheard; all I can say for sure is power is OK but there is still some work ongoing for water/sewage. We aren't talking about a lot, I think by Friday everything was going to be ready for full snagging. I doubt many people will be closed before Christmas though, we won't that's for sure.

• Advertisement

bbc

I have ranged another surveyor (this guy had completed snagging for 3,4 the lawn) this weekend, so hope everything is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

Saw that also. House getting snagged tomorrow.

Snagged today. Overall very happy with the finish. Just one light switch wired wrong and a few minor things otherwise i.e missing a soft close hinge in kitchen. Builders all very pleasant to deal with, and said turnover to try and complete lists will only be a few days. Loads of workers on site today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

hw1234 wrote: »
    Snagged today. Overall very happy with the finish. Just one light switch wired wrong and a few minor things otherwise i.e missing a soft close hinge in kitchen. Builders all very pleasant to deal with, and said turnover to try and complete lists will only be a few days. Loads of workers on site today.

Did you find many snags?

Is there supposed to be a power shower in the main bathroom in each house (in addition to the power shower in the ensuite)?

Is there supposed to be a power shower in the main bathroom in each house (in addition to the power shower in the ensuite)?

No, the show houses only had bath in main bathroom also

tradesman wrote: »
    Did you find many snags?

No not a lot. Surveyor will send report on Sunday but he said it is all very minor. Didn't think there was possibility of closing before Xmas week but it looks possible now after today .

hw1234 wrote:
    No not a lot. Surveyor will send report on Sunday but he said it is all very minor. Didn't think there was possibility of closing before Xmas week but it looks possible now after today .

hw1234 did your surveyor get a chance having a look the air to water system? Thanks,

dannybi wrote: »
    hw1234 did your surveyor get a chance having a look the air to water system? Thanks,

Builders briefly explained, I still can't get my head around it but apparently it's the most energy efficient way now. So there's zero gas piped to whole estate, Your rads and water are heated through your electricity. The Samsung units in the gardens are on warranty alongside with the house with that Global Homes warranty thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Assuming it's roughly the same as the royal canal park system there's a good breakdown on that thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi there,
    We are in the process of buying the 3 bed semi detahed b1 type at the avenue. Does anyone know whats the vacant triangular area infront of 16/18/24/26 the avenue please?

hw1234 wrote: »
    Builders briefly explained, I still can't get my head around it but apparently it's the most energy efficient way now. So there's zero gas piped to whole estate, Your rads and water are heated through your electricity. The Samsung units in the gardens are on warranty alongside with the house with that Global Homes warranty thing.

Wonder can it be controlled from an app on your phone?

Our house is in phase 2, is there any ideas whether builders would allow any changes in the house during the development process for example getting the virgin media connection point in kitchen istead of living room, extra switch, tap at the back of house, some shelves in the master bedroom cupboards? And how to get in touch with the builders? Thanks

Our house is in phase 2, is there any ideas whether builders would allow any changes in the house during the development process for example getting the virgin media connection point in kitchen istead of living room, extra switch, tap at the back of house, some shelves in the master bedroom cupboards? And how to get in touch with the builders? Thanks

I doubt it based on what others have said here - give SF a shout and ask

I doubt it based on what others have said here - give SF a shout and ask

SF are not so helpful so far, they advised to ask our solicitor to raise these issues with builders solicitor. Does it make any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Hi there,
    We are in the process of buying the 3 bed semi detahed b1 type at the avenue. Does anyone know whats the vacant triangular area infront of 16/18/24/26 the avenue please?

There's a planning permission application in to continue the development. I've put a link to the proposed site layout below. You'll see the houses you're talking about on the left. Looks like there will be a green space and a road/houses within that triangle.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00535592.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Eshal

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    There's a planning permission application in to continue the development. I've put a link to the proposed site layout below. You'll see the houses you're talking about on the left. Looks like there will be a green space and a road/houses within that triangle.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00535592.pdf

Hi. If you don't mind would you please send me the link for phase 1. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hey HW1234, the heating system is explained in a video on (who I believe is the manufacturer) website. These guys are probably just the supplier as opposed to the actual plumber. Their branding on the water tank. The link to the site/video is here. scroll to the very bottom of the page and there is a video there. http://www.joule.ie/ I hope this helps!
    You could probably contact them direct about retro fitting a smart control system which could link up to some sort of web control/phone system...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Eshal, here is the link for phase 1 planning
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Results.aspx

planning ref FW15A/0161

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Eshal

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Eshal, here is the link for phase 1 planning
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Results.aspx

planning ref FW15A/0161

Thanks very much but this link is not opening :(

Advertisement