Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Eshal

Eshal wrote: »
    Thanks very much but this link is not opening :(

Yeah now I got it. Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Hi there,
    We are in the process of buying the 3 bed semi detahed b1 type at the avenue. Does anyone know whats the vacant triangular area infront of 16/18/24/26 the avenue please?
    think it belongs to the hospital

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    I doubt it based on what others have said here - give SF a shout and ask

Don't waste the phone call. They won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Our house is in phase 2, is there any ideas whether builders would allow any changes in the house during the development process for example getting the virgin media connection point in kitchen istead of living room, extra switch, tap at the back of house, some shelves in the master bedroom cupboards? And how to get in touch with the builders? Thanks

They will not do during the development, you could ask again after signed the contract, they might connect it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Hey HW1234, the heating system is explained in a video on (who I believe is the manufacturer) website. These guys are probably just the supplier as opposed to the actual plumber. Their branding on the water tank. The link to the site/video is here. scroll to the very bottom of the page and there is a video there. http://www.joule.ie/ I hope this helps!

You could probably contact them direct about retro fitting a smart control system which could link up to some sort of web control/phone system...

Thanks so much for sharing! Feel a good bit happier after seeing that it's been around a few years. I was worried our houses were guinea pigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Anyone got a closing date yet?

Eire_2016 wrote:
    Anyone got a closing date yet?

I will get my final inspection next Tuesday, whole house has been repainted, and fixed as per surveyor's list, heating has been switched on yesterday, it's quite warm, Builder advised closing date ( house will be ready to me) should be next Thursday or Friday, however, bank will not take any cheque request after 14th/15th, my solicitor advised she needs 5 days notice to request/drawdown cheque, so not sure if we could get key before Xmas, no works can be scheduled at this time of the year anyway.

dannybi wrote: »
    I will get my final inspection next Tuesday, whole house has been repainted, and fixed as per surveyor's list, heating has been switched on yesterday, it's quite warm, Builder advised closing date ( house will be ready to me) should be next Thursday or Friday, however, bank will not take any cheque request after 14th/15th, my solicitor advised she needs 5 days notice to request/drawdown cheque, so not sure if we could get key before Xmas, no works can be scheduled at this time of the year anyway.

Wow - the whole house had to be repainted - that's unfortunate - good that things are moving along - any other significant issues highlighted in your snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Did they forget a coat of paint?

Was it so bad they had to repainted everything??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Our house is in phase 2, is there any ideas whether builders would allow any changes in the house during the development process for example getting the virgin media connection point in kitchen istead of living room, extra switch, tap at the back of house, some shelves in the master bedroom cupboards? And how to get in touch with the builders? Thanks

I'm in phase 2 also.
    Anything additional I asked for I was told no to.
    Still waiting for a response on asking them not to tile any of the floors and to give us a budget/discount.

I'm still having an ongoing request to have them/ let me get someone to wire up the house for CAT6 as I want to get a drop in the sitting room, kitchen, master bedroom and 5 into the attic. Due to the way they were prebuilt its looking harder and harder to to but as I have a B4 type downstairs may not be too hard to achieve.

Best of luck and if you have any joy let me know please.

Looking at the plans today and spotted all the plans for pretty much every house has solar panels in them? Do they come with the house or was this the original plan that was scrapped?

Also noticed that the fitted wardrobes in the showhouse for B2 type houses are completely different to the actual plans. Anyone seen a B4 bedroom yet? Even a B2? how are the wardrobes layed out in regards to location.
    mooneyd wrote: »
    I'm in phase 2 also.
    Anything additional I asked for I was told no to.
    Still waiting for a response on asking them not to tile any of the floors and to give us a budget/discount.

I'm still having an ongoing request to have them/ let me get someone to wire up the house for CAT6 as I want to get a drop in the sitting room, kitchen, master bedroom and 5 into the attic. Due to the way they were prebuilt its looking harder and harder to to but as I have a B4 type downstairs may not be too hard to achieve.

Best of luck and if you have any joy let me know please.

Ye the solar panels were dropped for the air source heat pump in the back garden.

Ye the solar panels were dropped for the air source heat pump in the back garden.

Ahh cheers.

Eire_2016 wrote:
    Wow - the whole house had to be repainted - that's unfortunate - good that things are moving along - any other significant issues highlighted in your snag?

I assumed it was on one of the snagging list on other house, as 1-8 used as show house at different stages. It was not on my snagging list, the wall paint looks fine, but not sure why it got repaint, I would think it in a positive way, it might be just to repaint all houses which had ever opened to visitors. Some part of internal floor was not even/leveled, and some minor issues, in general,surveyor advised that house has a good finish.

Some part of internal floor was not even/leveled
    Have they leveled it?

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Was it so bad they had to repainted everything??

I mean repaint all walls,they look ok for me

Have they leveled it?

Will get surveyor have a look next Tuesday, and let you know

Will get surveyor have a look next Tuesday, and let you know
    How large was the variance in the floor, I presume this was the downstairs floor, was a laser level used or just a beam level?

How large was the variance in the floor, I presume this was the downstairs floor, was a laser level used or just a beam level?

It was just downstairs floor in the kitchen, I am not sure if it's a laser or a beam level, but seem to be a minor issue and not a problem to fix at all as per surveyor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Some part of internal floor was not even/leveled, and some minor issues, in general,surveyor advised that house has a good finish.
    This is nothing unusual at all in a new build. Your surveyor will more than likely have included on the snagging list, that "floor levelling compound" is required in the affected areas.

How are people getting on that snagged over the past week? Our solicitor is wary about sending off Ioan requisition in case there are delays with completing snag report. Our cut off with the bank is 16th December to have everything in by.... dunno whether or not to try risk telling him to put it in or not.

Are you obliged to close as soon snag is completed? Ciara only received our snag report this morning. If they call for final inspection after Wednesday we are already behind trying to wait for requisition to clear by Friday. Solicitor is wary we could end up paying interest to builder over Xmas if any delays. And With Christmas week next week we kinda have the hands tied now

hw1234 wrote:
    How are people getting on that snagged over the past week? Our solicitor is wary about sending off Ioan requisition in case there are delays with completing snag report. Our cut off with the bank is 16th December to have everything in by.... dunno whether or not to try risk telling him to put it in or not.

hw1234 wrote:
    Are you obliged to close as soon snag is completed? Ciara only received our snag report this morning. If they call for final inspection after Wednesday we are already behind trying to wait for requisition to clear by Friday. Solicitor is wary we could end up paying interest to builder over Xmas if any delays. And With Christmas week next week we kinda have the hands tied now

It's normally took 1-2days to fix minor issues, we had same problem here, you could ask your solicitor to request the cheque now (do all the paper work), and bank will check the details, then it's up to you to decide when to require the fund, you need to clarify with newline that how long do you have if you sign off the snag list, I assume they will take Xmas into account.

Our solicitor is also worried about interest charges over Christmas, it's a real awkward time of the year because everything stops for two weeks...it wouldn't really be our fault but he doesn't want to leave us open to the possibility. Neither the bank nor the solicitor seem to think there is a chance of closing before Christmas.

Will the council provide green/black/brown bins?

Our solicitor is also worried about interest charges over Christmas, it's a real awkward time of the year because everything stops for two weeks...it wouldn't really be our fault but he doesn't want to leave us open to the possibility. Neither the bank nor the solicitor seem to think there is a chance of closing before Christmas.

Yeah I don't even know how to word an email to Ciara to explain that I am not getting the solicitor to put everything through if we will be fecked over paying interest over Christmas if there's any delay. It's a real gamble now this close.

I don't care at this stage about waiting until new year but I'm afraid newline will come back that we are breaching contract by delaying when they may have snag completed and house is ready.

hw1234 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't even know how to word an email to Ciara to explain that I am not getting the solicitor to put everything through if we will be fecked over paying interest over Christmas if there's any delay. It's a real gamble now this close.

I don't care at this stage about waiting until new year but I'm afraid newline will come back that we are breaching contract by delaying when they may have snag completed and house is ready.

unless there's a handover date in your contract i'd doubtful you's be breaching anything

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    unless there's a handover date in your contract i'd doubtful you's be breaching anything
    In the contract it's 14 days after the builder says the house is complete; after they've fixed the snags.

In the contract it's 14 days after the builder says the house is complete; after they've fixed the snags.

Ciara advised that house will be completed by this Friday, I won't sign off the snag list unless they could clarify deadline for fund transfer, and I also questioned about the esb cert to connect/register electricity, but no reply.

• Advertisement

Just noticed from fingal planning document that few badgers were around the development back in Feb. 6/8 holes on the ground.

Advertisement