Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

dannybi wrote: »
    Ciara advised that house will be completed by this Friday, I won't sign off the snag list unless they could clarify deadline for fund transfer, and I also questioned about the esb cert to connect/register electricity, but no reply.

So as it stands your solicitor still hasn't put in loan request? When did your snag report go in? Could you let me know if Ciara comes back to you on any of the above?
    I'll have to call solicitor again in the morning to highlight the 14 day thing after completion. Even at that.... our surveyor may not be available for final inspection until Monday if it's only completed on Friday. What a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Just noticed from fingal planning document that few badgers were around the development back in Feb. 6/8 holes on the ground.
    They were moved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Will the council provide green/black/brown bins?

Local Authorities have no involvement with domestic refuse collection or the provision of bins.

Will the council provide green/black/brown bins?
    Check out the refuse providers in Dublin and call them up, they will deliver their bins to you once you sign up to one of them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Check out the refuse providers in Dublin and call them up, they will deliver their bins to you once you sign up to one of them I think.

Exactly, checked with builder, hansfield wood housing estate will be managed by fingal county council, so property ownrs need to range the bins collection themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Just noticed from fingal planning document that few badgers were around the development back in Feb. 6/8 holes on the ground.

Actually that was a really interesting read. Especially the relocation cost of €110k

Id imagine they went with the badger fence option.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Presumably they will kit out some new show houses when all of the lawn has been moved into? Are they showing the houses this weekend? Are there many units left to sell does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Presumably they will kit out some new show houses when all of the lawn has been moved into? Are they showing the houses this weekend? Are there many units left to sell does anyone know?

I'd doubt it very much.
    Show houses are a huge expense.
    They tend to keep using them unless they change the house type.

On to Ciara today and relieved we are waiting until first week of Jan to close. It was all going to be far to tight to close by next week. Can breathe easy now

hw1234 wrote: »
    On to Ciara today and relieved we are waiting until first week of Jan to close. It was all going to be far to tight to close by next week. Can breathe easy now
    Does that mean you received a written assurance they won't try to charge interest over Christmas? I think that clause does them more damage than it's worth, I imagine everyone's solicitors have highlighted it, it should be 28 days or something long enough that holidays can't interfere with the process.

• Advertisement

Does that mean you received a written assurance they won't try to charge interest over Christmas? I think that clause does them more damage than it's worth, I imagine everyone's solicitors have highlighted it, it should be 28 days or something long enough that holidays can't interfere with the process.

Our solicitor didn't put in for the loan requisition as he wasn't happy doing so until we got final inspection which is on Friday (also the deadline to put in a requisition with bank) . We explained this to them at Newline and we agreed to hold off until Jan.

Our snag was today but I wouldn't really class it as that. The house was still a building site, workmen in and out all the time and they hadn't finished with their own snag list. The house wasn't ready to be snagged, I think given the Christmas rush/pressure we may have been let in to snag too early. I was surprised to see bayonet caps in the light fittings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether the construction work has started on the The Avenue, the Paddocks?
    Could anyone please shate the contact details of the builders please. Thanks

Hi everyone,

Does anyone notice the clause in the contract that the purchase price may increase if there is increase in Vat. Those who have book their property in phase 2 how do you guys feel about it? I am bit uncomfortable with that as property is not ready until May next year (and the contract says it may take upto 18 months). Any thoughts on that??

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Hi everyone,

Does anyone notice the clause in the contract that the purchase price may increase if there is increase in Vat. Those who have book their property in phase 2 how do you guys feel about it? I am bit uncomfortable with that as property is not ready until May next year (and the contract says it may take upto 18 months). Any thoughts on that??

Your fussing about nothing.
    Forget about it.

hw1234 wrote:
    Our solicitor didn't put in for the loan requisition as he wasn't happy doing so until we got final inspection which is on Friday (also the deadline to put in a requisition with bank) . We explained this to them at Newline and we agreed to hold off until Jan.

Agreed with Ciara to close in January,
    I would suggest everyone to get alarm installed from day one.

Agreed with Ciara to close in January,
    I would suggest everyone to get alarm installed from day one.

Why the rush with the alarm? Any recommendations/views on what might suit best?

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether the construction work has started on the The Avenue, the Paddocks?
    Could anyone please shate the contact details of the builders please. Thanks

Ive purchased 8 the avenue, the Paddocks (the two "the"'s in the address feels wierd)
    We are one of the first 4 houses to be build as you progress down the avenue. Currently my house is still a carpark. So no nothing as of yet.

mooneyd wrote: »
    Ive purchased 8 the avenue, the Paddocks (the two "the"'s in the address feels wierd)
    We are one of the first 4 houses to be build as you progress down the avenue. Currently my house is still a carpark. So no nothing as of yet.

I wonder whether this phase would be ready by April? Atleast its what SF told us anyway !!

Hi everyone,

Our solicitor got that clause struck out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

mooneyd wrote: »

Hansfield Wood is hardly going to be that big that residents need two sub address lines. Surely # The Avenue, Hansfield Wood will suffice?

Out of interest, is the whole area going to be referred to Hansfield, Dublin 15 or is Clonsilla expected to be part of the address also?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hansfield Wood is hardly going to be that big that residents need two sub address lines. Surely # The Avenue, Hansfield Wood will suffice?

Out of interest, is the whole area going to be referred to Hansfield, Dublin 15 or is Clonsilla expected to be part of the address also?

Carol Anne informed me it was Clonsilla, Dublin 15

Eire_2016 wrote:
    Why the rush with the alarm? Any recommendations/views on what might suit best?

Good few new houses were targeted by burglars in maynooth area as did not get alarm installed for new house, It's only my opinion.

hw1234 wrote:
    Carol Anne informed me it was Clonsilla, Dublin 15

Should it be hansfield Dublin 15?, it does not even have the town name on eircode.

I wonder whether this phase would be ready by April? Atleast its what SF told us anyway !!

April/ May the thing to note here is that all they need to do is lay the foundations and away they go. The structure is all built off site and is pre cast so they will fly up.

Should it be hansfield Dublin 15?, it does not even have the town name on eircode.[/quote

I'm not sure...when I was sorting house insurance she said Hansfield Wood, Clonsilla, D.15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Good few new houses were targeted by burglars in maynooth area as did not get alarm installed for new house, It's only my opinion.

Unfortunately this appears to be a fairly frequent occurrence when it come to new housing developments.
    I recall our own home been broken into shortly after we moved in.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Unfortunately this appears to be a fairly frequent occurrence when it come to new housing developments.
    I recall our own home been broken into shortly after we moved in.

Any recommendations for wireless alarms guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

I booked phase 2 but have not yet received my contracts. That is very concerning though. My solicitor has received the contracts yesterday but never mentioned it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Would anyone have information on future plans for the Hansfield area?Will there be further phases , a playground or shops ??

Advertisement