Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I think someone mentioned that the closing pack will explain how a side gate is meant to be mounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

I think someone mentioned that the closing pack will explain how a side gate is meant to be mounted?

Yes, it will be included in closing pack, but I wouldn't put sky dish on the 6" insulation wall,don't think it could hold the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Hi Folks, mine is in the Avenue finishing in Feb/Mar.  I wonder if anyone got back the signed contract from AMOSS solicitor which will be required for 'Help to buy scheme' starting from Jan.. We sent them on Nov 9th from our side and no update afterwards.. I asked my Solicitor to follow-up however no response from AMOSS yet.. Just curious ...cheers

SalaKash wrote:
    Hi Folks, mine is in the Avenue finishing in Feb/Mar. I wonder if anyone got back the signed contract from AMOSS solicitor which will be required for 'Help to buy scheme' starting from Jan.. We sent them on Nov 9th from our side and no update afterwards.. I asked my Solicitor to follow-up however no response from AMOSS yet.. Just curious ...cheers
    Your solicitor should have a copy of it, however, I assume you mean first time buyer scheme, you are not able to claim this until close, builder needs to register as qualified contractor with revenue and submit the evidence of their tax, vat,planning permission etc, both home owners and builder have to submit significant paperwork to revenue to claim FTB grant, and it will take months to complete. I understand that builder had submitted their details to revenue already and they are waiting for approval. Hope it helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Took a quick spin by the estate this afternoon. Looked like only 3-5 people managed to move in before Christmas.

Also the few terraced houses with the side entrances aren nice with the window in the hall.

PS do side gates come with the house??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

mooneyd wrote: »
    Took a quick spin by the estate this afternoon. Looked like only 3-5 people managed to move in before Christmas.

Also the few terraced houses with the side entrances aren nice with the window in the hall.

PS do side gates come with the house??

Don't think that side gates are included.

Does this mean the estate is open? Are the fences down for the first part of The Lawn?

Does this mean the estate is open? Are the fences down for the first part of The Lawn?

Yes, the site is open and you can access north and east side of the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Just wondering would a 3 2 1 configuration sofa fit comfortably in 3 bed semi sitting room or would 3 1 1 be neater.
    Any thoughts ?

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Just wondering would a 3 2 1 configuration sofa fit comfortably in 3 bed semi sitting room or would 3 1 1 be neater.
    Any thoughts ?
    We are going to order a custom made modular one that will be L shaped from the door to about a meter and half from the window, and a matching footstool that will be stored at the end of the sofa, near the window.

• Advertisement

I've already been asked this and I didn't know the answer so I'm wondering if anyone here knows. Does anyone know the power connection that is provided for the hob? As long as the box isn't opened I'm sure it's OK but knowing ahead of time saves any possible hassle returning a hob.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

I've already been asked this and I didn't know the answer so I'm wondering if anyone here knows. Does anyone know the power connection that is provided for the hob? As long as the box isn't opened I'm sure it's OK but knowing ahead of time saves any possible hassle returning a hob.

I was in one of the show houses which didn't have a kitchen installed at the time, and there was a loose cable coming out of the wall for the hob. The double oven connection was similar to this: http://www.ie.screwfix.com/mk-45a-cooker-connection-unit-white.html

Hi croc, when you get the house there will probably be a blank socket plate behind the oven where the oven gets wired directly into the mains and probably a blank junction box on a loose cable where the hob gets wired into the mains.

I'd imagine the countertop would be precut for a 600mm hob but it would still be possible to buy a 700 or 900 if that's what you wanted. It would involve getting the hole in the counter too widened though.

Has anyone on here actually got there house yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Help God bless you

Hi ,
    I would like to ask if any one have knowledge about the kitchen there , the saler she say they will build for us the kitchen , but as u know lads this day is sale and good chance to get some staff with good deal , my Q is , they build around the applicance like oven ,fridge, dishwasher, ,,,,or i need to flow the space what they leave for me , ? Also i just wondering if anyone have measurements for type C , 3 bed rooms beech house , in the Barenwell square house .
    Thanks so much
    God bless

Why are you asking for Barnwell house measurements in a Hansfield Woods thread? Did you mean to post in another thread?

Hi ,
    I just want know in advance how much cost me the floor in the house ,
    Thanks

Hi ,
    I just want know in advance how much cost me the floor in the house ,
    Thanks
    Depends on what floor type you choose and where you put it. Good tiles are normally more expensive than laminate or carpet.

Thanks ,
    one more issue if u don't mind ? what about the kitchen ? I would like to have in this sale time some applicance for the kitchen ? Shall i wait as long they finish it .?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

Hi all, is anyone planning to go with LPG Bottled gas and hob, as site doesn't have Gas pipeline, LPG bottle gas will be the only option for anyone who wants gas instead of electric cooker (Ceramic or Induction).

please share the info.

shree1234 wrote: »
    Hi all, is anyone planning to go with LPG Bottled gas and hob, as site doesn't have Gas pipeline, LPG bottle gas will be the only option for anyone who wants gas instead of electric cooker (Ceramic or Induction).

please share the info.

We will be sticking with electric anyhow shree.

Some people who cook a lot prefere gas for the control of it. Maybe that's you.

• Advertisement

Hi , I just want know in advance how much cost me the floor in the house , Thanks

I would have around €3000 for standard floors & labour

We're thinking of getting an IKEA induction hob (http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/appliances/hobs/smaklig-induction-hob-with-bridge-function-black-art-20222830/), possibly with a separator (http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/appliances/hobs/nyttig-hob-separator-for-drawer-art-10243296/). All that we need to do is figure out if the hob connection in the house supports it and how to get it installed, IKEA only seem interested in installing it if you get a complete kitchen from them, but that's what they told me on the phone. I'm wondering if we went in to IKEA would they give us contact details for an installer.

dannybi wrote: »
    I would have around €3000 for standard floors & labour
    That seems quite cheap, is that for the entire house? Carpet/laminate?

Thanks ,
    one more issue if u don't mind ? what about the kitchen ? I would like to have in this sale time some applicance for the kitchen ? Shall i wait as long they finish it .?
    Thanks
    When do you expect to be moving in? Moving fridges/washmachines from one house to another might end up costing you as much as any savings you make.

That seems quite cheap, is that for the entire house? Carpet/laminate?

Yes, I mean standard 20€ /m2, with 250€ x 2 days labour

Thanks , one more issue if u don't mind ? what about the kitchen ? I would like to have in this sale time some applicance for the kitchen ? Shall i wait as long they finish it .? Thanks

You can order kitchen appliances now, and get them delivered whenever you are ready with 20% deposit.

We're thinking of getting an IKEA induction hob (http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/appliances/hobs/smaklig-induction-hob-with-bridge-function-black-art-20222830/), possibly with a separator (http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/appliances/hobs/nyttig-hob-separator-for-drawer-art-10243296/). All that we need to do is figure out if the hob connection in the house supports it and how to get it installed, IKEA only seem interested in installing it if you get a complete kitchen from them, but that's what they told me on the phone. I'm wondering if we went in to IKEA would they give us contact details for an installer.

Any electrician would install it for you croc. Couldn't be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dannybi wrote: »
    You can order kitchen appliances now, and get them delivered whenever you are ready with 20% deposit.

I'd be a bit wary of that advice. As it is currently "sales" time, goods purchased during a sale usually have to be paid for in full during the period of the sale and can be subject to stock availability. Also bear in mind that delivery/collection conditions and charges may also apply.

Make sure you iron out all the T&C's with your reatailer at time of purchase and get it in writing!

Pat Dunne wrote:
    I'd be a bit wary of that advice. As it is currently "sales" time, goods purchased during a sale usually have to be paid for in full during the period of the sale and can be subject to stock availability. Also bear in mind that delivery/collection conditions and charges may also apply.

Pat Dunne wrote:
    Make sure you iron out all the T&C's with your reatailer at time of purchase and get it in writing!
    @ Pat, I just got my €4500 kitchen appliances ordered in Harvey Norman' and only need 1 week notice for delivery date, paid 20% deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Anyone moved in yet? Dying to see how warm the water is in the house and was there an emersion?

Advertisement