Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dannybi wrote: »
    @ Pat, I just got my €4500 kitchen appliances ordered in Harvey Norman' and only need 1 week notice for delivery date, paid 20% deposit.

Well done, just make sure you have it in writing, especially if you purchased during a sale and are taking delivery outside of the sale period.

Out of curiosity, what's with the @ before my name? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

We went in to the estate yesterday. The Lawn is open so you can park in your driveway if you are buying a house there. It looked like 6 or 7 houses in total had been moved into or are in the process of being moved into. We inspected the finish of the houses and it seems great, looking forward to snagging and closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Pat Dunne wrote:
    Well done, just make sure you have it in writing, especially if you purchased during a sale and are taking delivery outside of the sale period.

Pat Dunne wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what's with the @ before my name?

Pat Dunne wrote:

Pat Dunne wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what's with the @ before my name?

Thanks Pat :-) I got the official order receipt with items detail and price, they do match the price to competitors even it's "below the cost" the "@" means nothing, just put in accidentally. For anyone purchase the kitchen appliances or bedding for new home make sure you check the price on pricespy before place your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

Does anyone planing to remove the skirting board or using the beeding to fix the floor.
    Any suggestion on removing the skirting board?.
    I am not sure why the builder fix it (permanently) as they know the flooring has to be done.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hi Goodluck Folks, my recommendation would be to request the builder to supply, but not fix the skirting board in the first instance. It would be a much smarter finish to lay the floor first, then fix the skirting board on top. The flooring contractor should be able to fix the skirting and this wouldn't take the flooring contractor long to do post completion of the floors (assuming the skirting boards are cut accordingly!).
    I hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Hi Goodluck Folks, my recommendation would be to request the builder to supply, but not fix the skirting board in the first instance. It would be a much smarter finish to lay the floor first, then fix the skirting board on top. The flooring contractor should be able to fix the skirting and this wouldn't take the flooring contractor long to do post completion of the floors (assuming the skirting boards are cut accordingly!).
    I hope this helps.

Skirting is already fixed for my house (seems same for others too). Builder is not listening to any of those requests.

Ya, they don't seem to be very helpful, do they?? The next question is how did they fix it? glue or nails?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Yeah skirting is fixed to first phase, we are thinking beading will have to do for moment as we don't want to rip it all off and ruin paintwork etc. Fairly stupid move of them to fix them, clearly people will want to have floors laid.

Would anybody know/ recommend the model of intregated fridge that will fit into kitchen unit? I forgot to check with show house

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Skirting is already fixed for my house (seems same for others too). Builder is not listening to any of those requests.

Hey Good luck, The ideal solution is to remove the skirting boards, however this could cost you quite a bit and will require repainting and filling when there fitted again.

Another solution is to use Quadrant/beeding which is nailed to the existing skirting boards after the house is floored.
    The pre finished beeding is attractive to people at first however after time it gets damaged and just looks terrible so i wouldn't go for it myself.
    The best option if your not removing the skirting is to buy the cheapest beeding/quadrant ex red/white deal and lay it then paint it all white to match the skirting. This done by an expert can look very good in the end but theres a good bit of labour - fit it, fill holes, prime it and then a finish coat and maybe some chalk if needed.

hw1234 wrote: »
    Yeah skirting is fixed to first phase, we are thinking beading will have to do for moment as we don't want to rip it all off and ruin paintwork etc. Fairly stupid move of them to fix them, clearly people will want to have floors laid.

Would anybody know/ recommend the model of intregated fridge that will fit into kitchen unit? I forgot to check with show house
    This will fit http://www.currys.ie/Product/liebherr-ikb3550-integrated-tall-fridge/340955/395.4.9 178cm standard size (note it's only a fridge not a fridge freezer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hey does anyone have a copy of the sewer/drainage map?

Could you not do something like this to remove the skirting https://youtu.be/RuaVL1a_wXw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

Good morning. In relation to the Kitchen are people going for tiles or wooden floors as in the show house. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

I do not understand why builders do not just sell the house without skirting. Letting the customer choose their own style & fit themselves along with their flooring choice. Recently when snagging houses I have noticed builders are starting to cut & temporary nail the skirting.

Nucflash wrote: »
    Good morning. In relation to the Kitchen are people going for tiles or wooden floors as in the show house. Thanks.
    Same tiles in kitchen, hall, downstairs WC (ripping out the ones that were laid) and utility.

Nucflash wrote: »
    Same tiles in kitchen, hall, downstairs WC (ripping out the ones that were laid) and utility.

I'm going the same route as Croc.
    Going for the same tiles in Kitchen, utility, hall and downstairs WC with wooden floor in the sitting room.
    It's ridiculous the amount of effort it is to even get this builder to agree to not fit their own floor tiles. Don't make me pay you to put down tiles I have to pay someone else to take up and replace. COME ON!!

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Ya, they don't seem to be very helpful, do they?? The next question is how did they fix it? glue or nails?

Seems glue and nails. Anyone has got any idea?

Could you not do something like this to remove the skirting https://youtu.be/RuaVL1a_wXw ?

Thanks Croc... As per video its simple. Did anyone try to remove the skirting on hansfield wood. I think they have fixed it with glue and nails.

Did anyone complete the final snagging after Christmas?. Are they fixing/correcting all the points in the sang report?. Mine is planned for this week, not confident as last time the house was not at all ready for snagging.

Seems glue and nails. Anyone has got any idea?

Both glue and nails. Could be drilled and screwed to precast also.

Not as easy as video I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Both glue and nails. Could be drilled and screwed to precast also.

Not as easy as video I'm afraid.

I think a lot of floor installers will undercut the skirting board as per video:

Would need to be done with door surrounds anyway to get a clean look.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Hey guys,

Does anyone move in already ? I'm in process of signing the contract these days. I would be very thankful if you can share with me your experience by answering to some questions:

1. How much time does it took since you signed the contract and moved in ?
    2. Do you have next wall neighbors ? How is the sound isolation (common wall)?
    3. Are you satisfied by quality you got comparing to which you saw in show house ?
    4. Does the house match the size comparing to show house ? (I'm a bit concerned as in contract they doesn't provide any measurements)
    5. Did you pay any additional money for utility connections etc ?
    6. Was you forced to pay more money comparing to sale agreed price ?
    7. Where can I get type D1/2 Plans ?

Thank you very much for you help!

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    I think a lot of floor installers will undercut the skirting board as per video:

Would need to be done with door surrounds anyway to get a clean look.

They will undercut the architrave and door frames.

Not a chance with the skirting boards.

They will undercut the architrave and door frames.

Not a chance with the skirting boards.
    I used a Multi-Tool oscillating cutter similar to the one in the video above to undercut the skirting boards when I was installing flooring in my own home a number of years ago. Had it done in jig-time.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    If you use a Multi-Tool, which is an oscillating cutter you'll have them undercut in no time at all. I hired one in the past when I was doing door in my own home from Sam Hire when they used to be in Coolmine Ind Est. Anyone fitting floors professionally will have onein their tool box.

Yes, they will have 1 in there van and they will definitly use it to undercut the door frame and the architrave but definitly not the skirtings

Yes, they will have 1 in there van and they will definitly use it to undercut the door frame and the architrave but definitly not the skirtings

Would you not cut it yourself?

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Would you not cut it yourself?

The 100% correct way to do it pat is to remove the skirting, undercut the door frames and architraves and replace the skirting. This is more labour and of course more money.

If it were my house thats the ONLY way I"d do it, exact same applies to tiles as timber floor.

I know this might sound wierd but had anyone looked into the options for an outside tap? I've got dogs and fitting one would be high enough priority to get one fitted but I know its not going to be so simple as you cant drill through the wall.

Hi All, has anyone on 17 - 27 The Avenue received a completion date / contract from Sherry Fitz?

• Advertisement

The 100% correct way to do it pat is to remove the skirting, undercut the door frames and architraves and replace the skirting. This is more labour and of course more money.

If it were my house thats the ONLY way I"d do it, exact same applies to tiles as timber floor.

I am very aware of how it should be done under ideal conditions. It obvious I misunderstood that the skirting boards couldn't be removed and were set in place. I was simply offering an alternative method which I had to resort to a number of years ago when it was not feasible to remove my own.

Advertisement