Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes, they haven't sent contracts out yet (this week) and the first batch of houses (the ones you see right now) are on the fast track so they want those finished before year end. They don't have ESB connections yet but once that happens they could get some of them to snag in a week or so. I don't think any of those houses are available anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Yes, they haven't sent contracts out yet (this week) and the first batch of houses (the ones you see right now) are on the fast track so they want those finished before year end. They don't have ESB connections yet but once that happens they could get some of them to snag in a week or so. I don't think any of those houses are available anymore though.

Thanks for this info. I'm hoping to go for one in the next phase.

If you aren't looking for one of those houses I imagine it might be months before you have to move to contracts btw as there are no penalties for it taking longer to get to contract (no allowances to take away).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Hi am Also waiting on contracts this week. Does anybody know if this estate will be managed and if there are management fees involved?

The council will take it in charge once it's finished until then there are no management fees (this surprised me too but I think they expect to be finished including the apartments by 2018, well at least the first phase of 200 odd accommodations).

• Advertisement

If you aren't looking for one of those houses I imagine it might be months before you have to move to contracts btw as there are no penalties for it taking longer to get to contract (no allowances to take away).

I haven't viewed the houses yet but what are they like in terms of finish and space? I presume appliances are included and is there LAN cabling?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

does anybody know when the houses already built will be available to move into? Are there tradesmen on site who can do work on the house before hand eg putting in carpets/floors etc...

Oh wow that's surprising, anyone I'm talking to keeps telling me that we will defo be caught for management fees. Great news ☺️

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    I haven't viewed the houses yet but what are they like in terms of finish and space? I presume appliances are included and is there LAN cabling?
    Appliances not included, don't know about cabling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Can't see how it would be legally possible for a development with apartments not to have management fees.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    Can't see how it would be legally possible for a development with apartments not to have management fees.

Apartments will be separate from houses - management fee payable if you buy apartment - council take over the houses

Which one are you interested in? 2, 3 or 4 bed? For the most part they are well laid out, they have very little wasted/dead space but there are gotchas with some of them. Nothing major but it depends on the situation. The finish looks reasonable based on the show house. Compared to other nearby, new houses at that price range.

Nothing is included, hence why I think it's harder to put pressure on you around signing contract soon (not that I think that's an issue as I'd say most people would be happy to move quickly). Well, I lie, the extractor fan over the hob is included. Apart from that there is no allowance for appliances. There is no LAN cabling/sockets which disappointed me.

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    does anybody know when the houses already built will be available to move into? Are there tradesmen on site who can do work on the house before hand eg putting in carpets/floors etc...
    Before end of year, I don't know if you can get the tradesmen working on the houses to work on your house, I'd hazard no unless it's at the weekend? Working on site would probably have precedence.

Apartments will be separate from houses - management fee payable if you buy apartment - council take over the houses
    Yep. The proposed taking in charge is detailed in the planning application they have been granted by Fingal Co Co.

Which one are you interested in? 2, 3 or 4 bed? For the most part they are well laid out, they have very little wasted/dead space but there are gotchas with some of them. Nothing major but it depends on the situation. The finish looks reasonable based on the show house. Compared to other nearby, new houses at that price range.

Nothing is included, hence why I think it's harder to put pressure on you around signing contract soon (not that I think that's an issue as I'd say most people would be happy to move quickly). Well, I lie, the extractor fan over the hob is included. Apart from that there is no allowance for appliances. There is no LAN cabling/sockets which disappointed me.

I'm only really interested in the larger 3 beds. Think they're type B1 and B4. That's a shame about appliances and LAN. Although as you say there is the benefit of being able to delay contracts. Is the full 10% deposit due at contract signing? Do you know how many houses they've released in the first phase?

Which one are you interested in? 2, 3 or 4 bed? For the most part they are well laid out, they have very little wasted/dead space but there are gotchas with some of them. Nothing major but it depends on the situation.

What kind of gotchas?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

I'm also waiting on contract, i hope that they allow extra sockets and tv cabling to be placed where the customer wants (even at cost) id be very disappointed if this wasn't the case. I thought the houses were very spacious and really liked the layout outside,
    good drive ways etc.

I'm only really interested in the larger 3 beds. Think they're type B1 and B4. That's a shame about appliances and LAN. Although as you say there is the benefit of being able to delay contracts. Is the full 10% deposit due at contract signing? Do you know how many houses they've released in the first phase?
    Yes the full 10% is due at contract signing. The B1s are the only ones that have a show house and the things we found annoying about the layout are the way the kitchen door opened (against the fridge) and the third bedroom door being in the middle of a wall as opposed to the side which meant one wall couldn't have either a bed or a wardrobe (apart from a slim one) put against it. This is especially annoying for the smallest bedroom in the house. You also don't get a wardrobe in the third bedroom but you do in the terrace, which we think is down to the position of the door making it difficult to chose a location.

Do you know how many houses they've released in the first phase?
    It started with ~11, moved to 30 then increased to around 50. I mentioned earlier in the thread that they had sold 40 odd of those but they've stopped having open days which probably indicates they've sold most of the 50. Daft says there are 2 left in the development http://www.daft.ie/dublin/new-homes-for-sale/hansfield-wood-hansfield-wood-hansfield-clonsilla-dublin-67331/ so it looks like they've sold ~50 houses.

What kind of gotchas?
    I've mentioned some of the issues in the B1 houses above, the A1 have a main bathroom without a window and a weird hallway-like corridor in the bathroom, a small square of the utility room juts into the kitchen, minor enough stuff really.

• Advertisement

Anyone no anything about the new way that there built? Concrete panels I think.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    I'm also waiting on contract, i hope that they allow extra sockets and tv cabling to be placed where the customer wants (even at cost) id be very disappointed if this wasn't the case. I thought the houses were very spacious and really liked the layout outside,
    good drive ways etc.
    They won't allow anything for us, if you are waiting for contracts I presume you have a house that's almost built? If it's up already they are even less likely to allow deviations/additions. For example we asked not to have the skirting and bathroom tiles attached downstairs, to leave doors unattached (kitchen one) and were told no. They really want to get them up quickly and in the exact same fashion for each house. It's frustrating as a home buyer that you will have to knock holes in walls and rip off skirting boards and tiles as soon as you get the house. In the end this would have saved them time which is the weird thing. They might have a checklist for each house and they didn't want to deviate from that checklist for special requests.

Anyone no anything about the new way that there built? Concrete panels I think.
    Yep they are manufactured off site and assembled on site. Seems to be the modern way of building high BER houses, it's sealed, solid, concrete walls and the houses can be put up quicker.

They won't allow anything for us, if you are waiting for contracts I presume you have a house that's almost built? If it's up already they are even less likely to allow deviations/additions. For example we asked not to have the skirting and bathroom tiles attached downstairs, to leave doors unattached (kitchen one) and were told no. They really want to get them up quickly and in the exact same fashion for each house. It's frustrating as a home buyer that you will have to knock holes in walls and rip off skirting boards and tiles as soon as you get the house. In the end this would have saved them time which is the weird thing. They might have a checklist for each house and they didn't want to deviate from that checklist for special requests.

That's exactly what we'd be looking for.
    It's a reall shame if they don't.
    No I don't think it's even started yet.

That's exactly what we'd be looking for.
    It's a reall shame if they don't.
    No I don't think it's even started yet.
    The first set of houses are in the fast track so they want them done quickly, I think to get some capital in soon. Given that they might be less likely to allow modifications, later phases might not be quite as strict, especially if the house isn't started yet.

The first set of houses are in the fast track so they want them done quickly, I think to get some capital in soon. Given that they might be less likely to allow modifications, later phases might not be quite as strict, especially if the house isn't started yet.
    I'd be hoping that is the case.
    Is your one nearly built?
    I plan on using all the space under the stairs for storage I thought this was very wasteful although it does look good. I loved that there was no connecting doors between the living room and kitchen.
    Would have loved a four bed but 65000 increase was out of our league.
    Best of luck with the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Is the Technical House open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yep they are manufactured off site and assembled on site. Seems to be the modern way of building high BER houses, it's sealed, solid, concrete walls and the houses can be put up quicker.

Unbelievably quicker. I can walk by in the morning and see a concrete foundation and when I'm coming home in the evening the same site is up to roof level with the roof beams added the following dayl. Amazing!

Is the Technical House open?
    As a show house? Not that I saw, I think it will be kept to be sold last along with the sales office. I presume it's some sort of test bed house?

• Advertisement

I'd be hoping that is the case.
    Is your one nearly built?
    I plan on using all the space under the stairs for storage I thought this was very wasteful although it does look good. I loved that there was no connecting doors between the living room and kitchen.
    Would have loved a four bed but 65000 increase was out of our league.
    Best of luck with the house
    It's basically built, I imagine it will be at snagging in November. We were thinking of putting a full size fridge in the fridge freezer spot and a freezer either under the stairs or in the utility. It's an obscene amount of fridge/freezer storage but I don't think the running costs will be much higher (might be €40 a year extra at most) and we should never be short of space. The 4 bed seemed poor value to me, €65K for an extra bedroom and a bigger kitchen was too much.

Advertisement