Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

mooneyd wrote: »
    I know this might sound wierd but had anyone looked into the options for an outside tap? I've got dogs and fitting one would be high enough priority to get one fitted but I know its not going to be so simple as you cant drill through the wall.
    Why can't you drill through the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

I know this might sound wierd but had anyone looked into the options for an outside tap? I've got dogs and fitting one would be high enough priority to get one fitted but I know its not going to be so simple as you cant drill through the wall.

Hi Mooneyd, i sent query to pre cast wall supplier of our estate and i got reply back as below, the walls can be drilled but need builder's agreement as well.

i am planning to install TAP and sky and also LPG bottled gas (need to drill to get gas pipe running to the LPG bottle).

i asked Noel, Duffy 2 days ago to contact builder regarding this matter but i didnt get any answer back as my house will not be ready until april.

kindly requesting as your house is ready can you bring this question to builder's attention please. if you get any answer please let me know.

thanks

reply from shayurtagh

Liam McGovern <SNIP>

Happy New Year.
    The wall can be drilled with small hole to facilitate gas pipe. However it would be best to speak with the builders Newline Homes to ensure compliance with all regulations before undertaking this work.

Kind Regards,
    Liam McGovern
    Alcrete Building Systems Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

shree1234 wrote: »
    Hi Mooneyd, i sent query to pre cast wall supplier of our estate and i got reply back as below, the walls can be drilled but need builder's agreement as well.

i am planning to install TAP and sky and also LPG bottled gas (need to drill to get gas pipe running to the LPG bottle).

i asked Noel, Duffy 2 days ago to contact builder regarding this matter but i didnt get any answer back as my house will not be ready until april.

kindly requesting as your house is ready can you bring this question to builder's attention please. if you get any answer please let me know.

thanks

reply from shayurtagh

Liam McGovern <SNIP>

Happy New Year.
    The wall can be drilled with small hole to facilitate gas pipe. However it would be best to speak with the builders Newline Homes to ensure compliance with all regulations before undertaking this work.

Kind Regards,
    Liam McGovern
    Alcrete Building Systems Ltd

Builder will do nothing for you shree. There very unhelpful in that regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Why can't you drill through the wall?

I was under the impression that it would be an issue with the insulation of the precast.
    shree1234 wrote: »

Ahh this is great news.
    My home is also ready in April so sadly I cant provide any help on the matter as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

Happy new year to the future neighbours! Can anyone of you who finished snagging recommend me a person to do snagging? I'm in an urgent situation, had been away from Ireland for one month due to various reasons, now the builder urges me to arrange a snagging asap. Please pm me the name, contact information, and the price, thanks a lot!

• Advertisement

Happy new year to the future neighbours! Can anyone of you who finished snagging recommend me a person to do snagging? I'm in an urgent situation, had been away from Ireland for one month due to various reasons, now the builder urges me to arrange a snagging asap. Please pm me the name, contact information, and the price, thanks a lot!

Sorry guys, I've submit the same post three times due to my bad wifi connection.

Anyone register for the governments help to buy scheme yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

AGUSIA1 wrote: »

Yes, I have applied. It was very straightforward. Sherry Fitzgerald couldn't answer if the builder had registered. But I presume they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Does anyone know if Integrated Fridge Freezer is 70/30 or 60/40

• Advertisement

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Yes, I have applied. It was very straightforward. Sherry Fitzgerald couldn't answer if the builder had registered. But I presume they will.[/QUOTE

There not great at answering anything are they? Quite frustrating sometimes.
    Yes we can only presume they have as its in there own interest.

dannybi wrote: »

Don't Know what it is but if it were a huge deal to you
    you could get the kitchen manufacturer to make the door to suit your needs.
    50/50 70/30

i have there number if you'd like it

Has anyone looked into putting a kitchen island in? Seems like there's a good amount of space to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Yes, I have applied. It was very straightforward. Sherry Fitzgerald couldn't answer if the builder had registered. But I presume they will.

Thanks Pedro.. signed contract from builder side is also required to apply? I didn't get mine yet.. my solicitor submitted contract on 9th nov.. thanks

SalaKash wrote: »
    Thanks Pedro.. signed contract from builder side is also required to apply? I didn't get mine yet.. my solicitor submitted contract on 9th nov.. thanks

I think Pedro is in the first stage of the development so he probably got his.
    Im in same situation as Salakash and its very annoying as we signed in november but developer still hasn't bothered.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Don't Know what it is but if it were a huge deal to you you could get the kitchen manufacturer to make the door to suit your needs. 50/50 70/30

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    i have there number if you'd like it

That will be great if you could pm their number, I just ordered the 70/30 fridge/freezer, then I noticed that I might be wrong.

Was up at the site today and the air to heat system really has be wondering about how hot will the water be, can you fill a bath etc.

I turned on the ensuite hot water and let it run for about 30 seconds and the water was warm (the heat was on in the house) but then 15-20 seconds later I heard the sound of the boiler in the hallway in full swing. The damn thing is nearly as loud as an electric shower :eek:

It's in our contract that the builder needs to be complaint in all aspects of the scheme and complete/ forward our information in a timely manor.

I read somewhere though that they had registered but haven't seen any confirmation as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

If I am not wrong it's 70/30. Following model they have in one of the show house.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/home-appliances/refrigeration-appliances/fridge-freezers/electrolux-integrated-fridge-freezer-enn2853cow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

Does anyone know how the air extract system in Utility room/WC/Bathroom works in hansfield wood?.
    I couldn't see any extractor fan.

Is anyone here in yet/ snagged?
    I forgot to mention when I was in the show house B1 en-suite today all the plaster had cracked at the seams from the wall and it was pretty substantial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 djam17

Hi All,
    Its a long shot but has anyone got a site layout yet which shows the exact position of the pylons which run through The Park area. Would be interesting to see whether the 5 buildings facing Ongar road are looking staight out the front window to a pylon??

Is anyone here in yet/ snagged?
    I forgot to mention when I was in the show house B1 en-suite today all the plaster had cracked at the seams from the wall and it was pretty substantial.

Unfortunately this is the downside of a new house. It's mainly to do with materials drying out and moving at different speeds. Within a few months of moving in you will see cracks in ceilings where they meet the walls. Along the stairs. Corner of doors and other stress points. It's horrible but completely normal. Try not to overheat the house in first few weeks.
    It will settle down and stop completely in time. You just have to live with it till then.
    Houses built this time of year are even more prone to it because of height moisture content.

Hi, this is just to let people in the Edenderry area know that 4th Offaly Scout Group are meeting on Wednesday evenings at St Mary's Parish Centre, Edenderry.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Unfortunately this is the downside of a new house. It's mainly to do with materials drying out and moving at different speeds. Within a few months of moving in you will see cracks in ceilings where they meet the walls. Along the stairs. Corner of doors and other stress points. It's horrible but completely normal. Try not to overheat the house in first few weeks. It will settle down and stop completely in time. You just have to live with it till then. Houses built this time of year are even more prone to it because of height moisture content.

Same problem found last week, and got it fixed yesterday, think the house was overheated during Christmas, it's completely normal.

Unfortunately this is the downside of a new house. It's mainly to do with materials drying out and moving at different speeds. Within a few months of moving in you will see cracks in ceilings where they meet the walls. Along the stairs. Corner of doors and other stress points. It's horrible but completely normal. Try not to overheat the house in first few weeks.
    It will settle down and stop completely in time. You just have to live with it till then.
    Houses built this time of year are even more prone to it because of height moisture content.
    Same problem found last week, and got it fixed yesterday, think the house was overheated during Christmas, it's completely normal.

Interesting giving the contract says they wont cover this of its caused by the heeting.
    But I guess if its caused by the house settling its covered as a minor defect?
    Id be a little pissed if they wouldn't rectify this.

Have you moved in or did you spot that during snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Hey guys, does anyone moved in already ? I'm in process of signing the contract these days. I would be very thankful if you can share with me your experience by answering to some questions:

-. How much time does it took since you signed the contract and moved in ?
    -. Are you satisfied by quality you got comparing to which you saw in show house ?
    -. Does the house match the size comparing to show house ? (I'm a bit concerned as in contract they doesn't provide any measurements)
    -. Did you pay any additional money for utility connections etc ?
    -. Was you forced to pay more money comparing to sale agreed price ?
    -. Where can I get type D1/2 Plans ?

Thank you very much for you help!

The time was 4 months or so, if we move in this month which seems probable.
    The quality looks the same.
    We've already talked about the sizes, they do look to match the show houses and they can't put these things in the contract in case someone sues them due to being off by 0.5mtr or some small amount due to normal construction deviation.
    We haven't moved in yet.
    It should be a fixed price contract.
    I've tried to attach the plan.

Has anyone seen a phone socket in any house?

Has anyone seen a phone socket in any house?

I might be wrong but there's a socket with a blanking plate under the stairs in the B1 show house which I think is for phone.

• Advertisement

Have you moved in or did you spot that during snagging?

Spot it during snagging

Advertisement