Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

Hey...I am hoping to sign for a D2 in Phase 2. I have been to the show houses a few times and although I have asked I have yet to get a answer regarding the kitchen/wardobe colours. From the show houses i seen some are white some are grey. Just curious if anyone on here got a choice or did any one question it themeselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    Hey...I am hoping to sign for a D2 in Phase 2. I have been to the show houses a few times and although I have asked I have yet to get a answer regarding the kitchen/wardobe colours. From the show houses i seen some are white some are grey. Just curious if anyone on here got a choice or did any one question it themeselves.

The short answer is its whatever was in the model of show house you seen. The builder is extremely un accommodating do you won't get a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

If I were you I would find out who the company supplying the wardrobes are, we did this when we moved into our house in Portersgate(many years ago now) and the company were more than happy to change things, at an obvious cost. But the gave us solid wood instead of the chip wood stuff and even redesigned our boxroom one to make more of the space,

If it's done early enough it wouldn't affect the builder and his time scale either.

Just a thought.

AAD wrote: »
    If I were you I would find out who the company supplying the wardrobes are, we did this when we moved into our house in Portersgate(many years ago now) and the company were more than happy to change things, at an obvious cost. But the gave us solid wood instead of the chip wood stuff and even redesigned our boxroom one to make more of the space,

If it's done early enough it wouldn't affect the builder and his time scale either.

Just a thought.

If we could that would be awesome, right now I cant get him to agree to not tile the downstairs bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

The time was 4 months or so, if we move in this month which seems probable.
    The quality looks the same.
    We've already talked about the sizes, they do look to match the show houses and they can't put these things in the contract in case someone sues them due to being off by 0.5mtr or some small amount due to normal construction deviation.
    We haven't moved in yet.
    It should be a fixed price contract.
    I've tried to attach the plan.

Hey, thanks for answer and blueprint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

mooneyd wrote: »
    If we could that would be awesome, right now I cant get him to agree to not tile the downstairs bathroom.

Thats funny Mooney, neither can we,

It would be easier to take them up yourself than to be constantly trying to bargain with them, They really are unbelievable.

May I ask you why you don't want to tie the bathroom ? Just curious, otherwise I'm missing something here :)

ialex87 wrote: »
    May I ask you why you don't want to tie the bathroom ? Just curious, otherwise I'm missing something here :)

Because we want to install our own tiles in the downstairs wc/hallway/kitchen and utility.

Do you know by any chance how it's possible to transfer more than 10k in one transsaction? BOI has 10k limit per working day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Do you know by any chance how it's possible to transfer more than 10k in one transsaction? BOI has 10k limit per working day :(

The BOI limit is 20k if you verify recipient account via post. If you use phone verification code, the limit is 10k.. I made solicitor account verification via post and did it in 2 installations i.e. 20k+ ..k.. even 3 installations of 10k each is all fine and solicitors understand that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Write a cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

You can make larger transfers via a bank draft by calling into a BOI branch. Bring ID (eg passport or drivers license and proof of address - eg utility bill ).

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Thats funny Mooney, neither can we,

It would be easier to take them up yourself than to be constantly trying to bargain with them, They really are unbelievable.

Asking him to oversee us fitting the outside tap is going to be so... much fun!
    Because we want to install our own tiles in the downstairs wc/hallway/kitchen and utility.
    As Agusia mentioned We're running tile from the utility, kitchen, hall and downstairs WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi future neighbours, we have bought on the Drive and were told by Sherry Fitzgerald that completion would be April/May. I have now heard June/July, just wondering if anyone has heard anything??

djam17 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Its a long shot but has anyone got a site layout yet which shows the exact position of the pylons which run through The Park area. Would be interesting to see whether the 5 buildings facing Ongar road are looking staight out the front window to a pylon??

Found it :)
    Hi future neighbours, we have bought on the Drive and were told by Sherry Fitzgerald that completion would be April/May. I have now heard June/July, just wondering if anyone has heard anything??

I'm the last house on the avenue that will probably be built before they start on the drive. I know its not related nessisarily but they have scheduled to start our house this month with completion still in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Could anyone explain to me what the Pylon is?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The Pylon is the structure holding up high power electricity cables.

Could anyone explain to me what the Pylon is?!
    Gaspode wrote: »
    The Pylon is the structure holding up high power electricity cables.

This
    27659AFA00000578-3031949-Today_there_are_more_than_88_000_lattice_pylons_in_the_UK_includ-a-55_1428580472874.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

Thanks for info on wardrobe/kitchen guys I did email Sherry so if I hear back I will post here. great thread for information best of luck to those moving soon.

We were advised April/May for The Drive but with all new builds I would expect some delays.

mooneyd wrote: »
    Asking him to oversee us fitting the outside tap is going to be so... much fun!
    You are required to have the builder supervise you when you install a back garden tap? Why is it such a risky operation? Are they worried about damage to the external insulation? Is this before you close or after?

We inspected today. The house looks good, there are cosmetic issues but I doubt they will take much time to fix. Quite a few people have moved in on The Lawn.

Has anyone any information on the extractor fans, I forgot to ask about them. Are they on all the time? In other houses there are switches to control them but we couldn't see anything like that in the house.

• Advertisement

Hi neighbour :) I'm on drive as well. Today I had a phone call with SherryF, and they told me April/May as well. But I believe everything depends on weather....

You are required to have the builder supervise you when you install a back garden tap? Why is it such a risky operation? Are they worried about damage to the external insulation? Is this before you close or after?

We inspected today. The house looks good, there are cosmetic issues but I doubt they will take much time to fix. Quite a few people have moved in on The Lawn.

Has anyone any information on the extractor fans, I forgot to ask about them. Are they on all the time? In other houses there are switches to control them but we couldn't see anything like that in the house.

Yea someone here spoke to the manufacturer of the prefab structure and they said they can be drilled for a tap but to get the builder to oversee it. (I guess so you dont void your homebond or something I donno.)

It will be after you close because the builder isn't going to help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

Hi all, Can anyone recommend a good wireless alarm system? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

Still I am not sure/clear how the extractor fans works in hansfield wood. In fact there is no extractor fans. Brain told me that it works based on the the moisture level in the room. I can see the vents in kitchen/utility/WC/bathrooms.

Installing the gate/plug/tap seems to be an issue. As per the builder it should be installed as per the homeowner manual. Still following up with the builder.

The warranty states;
    “The Insurer shall not be liable to the Policyholder for any; 1. ALTERATIONS - Loss or damage due to or arising from any alteration, modification, extension or addition to the Residential Property after the issue of Insurance Period Certificate".

Noticed that too much noise from the water pump, both cold & hot water. Any comments or recommendation on this?

Still I am not sure/clear how the extractor fans works in hansfield wood. In fact there is no extractor fans. Brain told me that it works based on the the moisture level in the room. I can see the vents in kitchen/utility/WC/bathrooms.

Installing the gate/plug/tap seems to be an issue. As per the builder it should be installed as per the homeowner manual. Still following up with the builder.

The warranty states;
    “The Insurer shall not be liable to the Policyholder for any; 1. ALTERATIONS - Loss or damage due to or arising from any alteration, modification, extension or addition to the Residential Property after the issue of Insurance Period Certificate".

Noticed that too much noise from the water pump, both cold & hot water. Any comments or recommendation on this?

Croc, did you look in tha attic if theres some kind of extraction unit up there?
    This is the most likely location.
    They work by creating a lower pressure in the wet rooms thus pulling air from the other rooms giving you circulation.
    Has anyone seen the homeowners manual, i'd love to see the part about a gate?
    Check to see if there are little rubber shock absorbers under the water pump, if theres not, there should be!
    They won't completely stop the noise completely but definitely help. these things are noisy by nature.
    When you moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Can anyone advise what developer/contractor name is on their contracts? Mulberryglen Ltd have qualified as developers/contractors for the Help To Buy scheme - I believe they're involved in Hansfield as per planning permission?

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise what developer/contractor name is on their contracts? Mulberryglen Ltd have qualified as developers/contractors for the Help To Buy scheme - I believe they're involved in Hansfield as per planning permission?

On my contract it says the contractor is mullberryglen

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

On my contract it says the contractor is mullberryglen

Thanks Augusia1. Good news for people who qualify for Help To Buy then as the contractor is set up on the scheme.

In my contract Mulberryglen is as well.

Do you know when we actually should apply for the help to buy scheme ?

Actually found all information here http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html

• Advertisement

The warranty states;

This is the Vent-Axia unit installed in the attic. By the sound of it we have fans like these installed http://www.bathrenovations.co.uk/humidity-sensor-extractor-fans-for-bathrooms/ we will see how they work in practice but I've run a quarter bath of hot water in the house and they didn't turn on. Mind you the bathroom door was open so maybe that lowered the humidity.

Do you have the homeowner manual? Does anyone? Where is the warranty, when did you receive it?

Advertisement