Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Noticed that too much noise from the water pump, both cold & hot water. Any comments or recommendation on this?
    Did you ever run the water in the show houses? The pump wasn't too noisy there and isn't too bad in our house. It's noticeable but not ear splitting. Maybe as AGUSIA1 says they forgot to install rubber feet/sound insulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Would anyone know if you can see the pylons from the Drive? Can't tell from the previous map that was shared. Thanks

During inspection we also noticed this in the dishwasher space. I have a suspicion that there was meant to be a double socket above the dishwasher counter top but that somehow it ended up below, covered up by the dishwasher and thus fairly useless. Pity, because a socket above the dishwasher would have been real handy. I'm thinking of replacing the switch that controls the power to the dishwasher with a socket/switch combination if such a thing exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Did you ever run the water in the show houses? The pump wasn't too noisy there and isn't too bad in our house. It's noticeable but not ear splitting. Maybe as AGUSIA1 says they forgot to install rubber feet/sound insulation?

I did last week. Ran the hot water in the ensuite of the A type showhouse and the pump in the hall was quite loud I could here it in the ensuite. It was a little quieter than an electric shower. My other half is going down tomorrow ill see if she can get a video

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Hey guys, I'm curious is anyone here who will live on The Drive ?

• Advertisement

ialex87 wrote: »

We have bought on the Drive 😊

Well, in this case I can say hello neighbor ? :D

Well, in this case I can say hello neighbor ? :D

Hello to you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

This is the Vent-Axia unit installed in the attic. By the sound of it we have fans like these installed http://www.bathrenovations.co.uk/humidity-sensor-extractor-fans-for-bathrooms/ we will see how they work in practice but I've run a quarter bath of hot water in the house and they didn't turn on. Mind you the bathroom door was open so maybe that lowered the humidity.

Do you have the homeowner manual? Does anyone? Where is the warranty, when did you receive it?

We haven't received the key yet. But this is what I was told while enquiring about the side gate/plug/tap.
    Also a good news is that in few weeks time builder will install the side gate for one of the show house.

Are you guys 1-13 or 14-17?

• Advertisement

mooneyd wrote: »

1-13, how about you ?

1-13, how about you ?

On the Avenue just on the corner to the drive.

Hey guys, could you recommend me some good quality and cheap carpet,laminate, vinyl shops ? I'm new at this stuff and I would appreciate some guidance and feedback from more experienced people. What floors are you planing to have for kitchen,hall, bedrooms ?

Thanks

What floors are you planing to have for kitchen,hall, bedrooms ?

Thanks

A few of us are going with tiles in the utility, kitchen, hall and downstairs toilet. Then I'm going for wood in the sitting room.

A few of us are going with tiles in the utility, kitchen, hall and downstairs toilet. Then I'm going for wood in the sitting room.
    Yep and carpets upstairs.

So, could you please recommend me some places where I can choose something ? ( I found plenty of them online, but I'm looking for some real experience)
    Thanks

We ordered our tiles from http://www.tiles.ie/ they have a small store in Swords but we haven't moved in yet so they can't be delivered. We are looking at laminates from http://www.noyeks.ie/ they have a showroom in Finglas and carpets will probably come from http://coolminecarpets.com/ . I can update with feedback once we move in and put in our orders/get them installed.

We ordered our tiles from http://www.tiles.ie/ they have a small store in Swords but we haven't moved in yet so they can't be delivered. We are looking at laminates from http://www.noyeks.ie/ they have a showroom in Finglas and carpets will probably come from http://coolminecarpets.com/ . I can update with feedback once we move in and put in our orders/get them installed.

Was in the tech house today and spotted the skirting fully installed. Also an addition to the kitchen where they have run a waste pipe from the ensuite shower/sink that runs almost the length of the kitchen.

Noticed that too much noise from the water pump, both cold & hot water. Any comments or recommendation on this?

Heres a quick video I got for you from one of the show houses for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Heres a quick video I got for you from one of the show houses for reference.

The pump that's making the noise is actually on the ground. You didn't film it.
    Make sure it has its rubber shock obsorbers under it. Won't stop the noise but will help stop vibration from contributing too it. I've heard people but sound insulation around them. Others put them on timers so they can't run during the nite for example if someone flushes the toilet.
    It's something you'll just have to live with really. Our mains pressure just isn't strong enough. Hence the pumps.

• Advertisement

Sound is not so strong, it's acceptable I would say. My current pump is much louder.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    The pump that's making the noise is actually on the ground. You didn't film it.
    Make sure it has its rubber shock obsorbers under it. Won't stop the noise but will help stop vibration from contributing too it. I've heard people but sound insulation around them. Others put them on timers so they can't run during the nite for example if someone flushes the toilet.
    It's something you'll just have to live with really. Our mains pressure just isn't strong enough. Hence the pumps.

Was there today. Not too loud in the show house. As compared with the show house mine is too loud.
    Didn't see any rubber bush the show house, but they have carpet.

Noticed few more difference between show house and our house...:)

Seems the main door lock in the show house and ours are different. For show house we can lock the door by using the key from inside . We have got a knob to lock the door from inside.
    Also the cabinet under the sink is also not concealed properly in our house. In show house you cannot see the sink bottom while opening the corner cabinet ( covered by an wood panel).
    Chimney model is different (soft touch model in show house)
    Even I suspect the wall colour is different.
    Heat/temperature control switch in the living & bedroom are different....

Noticed few more difference between show house and our house...:)

Seems the main door lock in the show house and ours are different. For show house we can lock the door by using the key from inside . We have got a knob to lock the door from inside.
    Also the cabinet under the sink is also not concealed properly in our house. In show house you cannot see the sink bottom while opening the corner cabinet ( covered by an wood panel).
    Chimney model is different (soft touch model in show house)
    Even I suspect the wall colour is different.
    Heat/temperature control switch in the living & bedroom are different....

Whats a chimney model? There is no fireplace so im confused.
    The knob to lock the door is probably safer in case of a fire etc. so I wouldn't mind that. I guess the rest they will say is covered under the contract for similar materials if the same are not available.

Whats a chimney model? There is no fireplace so im confused.
    I mean the Chimney hood/ Extractor hood in kitchen....

Also an addition to the kitchen where they have run a waste pipe from the ensuite shower/sink that runs almost the length of the kitchen.
    Do you have a picture? What does that mean exactly, is there some benefit to it?

Do you have a picture? What does that mean exactly, is there some benefit to it?

No its a load of balls to be honest.
    So as every house ever runs the waste water outside of the house and down (the big black pipes you see on the side of houses. For some crazy reason they have decided to run this through my bloody kitchen. It would be 1 thing if it was a single vertical pipe but the damn thing goes across the ceiling and then down the wall. (attached an image from the plan. and highlighted where the pipe would run.)
    • Also my plans say there is a fitted wardrobe in the single room but there is a radiator on the wall.
    • That the master bedroom has a fitted wardrobe that the length of the room and over the bed however another set say they just are small and go in the corner of the room.

And I cant for the life of me get a straight answer out of SF

1 -13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Mooneyd : do you have a pic of the waste pipe in the kitchen? I've reserved a 4 bed but if the actual house differs significantly from the plans/show house that is a bit of a concern.

Love the houses (and got the exact one I wanted) but am a bit baffled by there being no shower in the main bathroom. Means everyone needs to use the ensuite one, making the second bathroom a bit redundant. The first thing I'm doing when I move in is installing a shower head.

• Advertisement

Attol wrote: »
    Mooneyd : do you have a pic of the waste pipe in the kitchen? I've reserved a 4 bed but if the actual house differs significantly from the plans/show house that is a bit of a concern.

Love the houses (and got the exact one I wanted) but am a bit baffled by there being no shower in the main bathroom. Means everyone needs to use the ensuite one, making the second bathroom a bit redundant. The first thing I'm doing when I move in is installing a shower head.

What it is actually is that the plans don't show the pipe running on the ceiling.

In the attached file here are the below points.
    • RED - This is where the fitted wardrobes are on the official plans
    • BLUE - Fitted wardrobes are on the plan but there is a radiator where the blue mark is so it is impossible to fit the wardrobe.
    • YELLOW (Bathroom) - the ledge here does not exist
    • BLACK - There is a set of shelves here and the bathtub is pushed left to where the non existent counter is.
    • YELLOW (Hall) - this is inverted and a single door. (I'm not complaining though as its nicer as a single door)

Advertisement