Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Ah. I would love if the bedroom wardrobes were actually just to one side, rather than over the bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Attol wrote: »
    Ah. I would love if the bedroom wardrobes were actually just to one side, rather than over the bed!

Swap? :D:D:D

mooneyd wrote: »
    Swap? :D:D:D

Haha, I'm afraid you'd be waiting a while! Ours isn't due to be completed until summer

Touche

Erm... Just sorting out the Help to Buy scheme paperwork here and I have just read that the rebate goes to the builder.
    Is anyone else knowledgeable or availing of the scheme?

What happens when you have paid for your house and then X months later the builder gets your rebate?
    It's supposed to be the deposit but we'll have probably moved in by the time it comes through so what happens then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Erm... Just sorting out the Help to Buy scheme paperwork here and I have just read that the rebate goes to the builder.
    Is anyone else knowledgeable or availing of the scheme?

What happens when you have paid for your house and then X months later the builder gets your rebate?
    It's supposed to be the deposit but we'll have probably moved in by the time it comes through so what happens then?
    Did you sign your contract before Christmas? If so you should receive it as a lump sum.

Did you sign your contract before Christmas? If so you should receive it as a lump sum.

Sadly not we still are waiting for some info from rhe builder before our solicitor wants us to sign off.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Sadly not we still are waiting for some info from rhe builder before our solicitor wants us to sign off.

In that case you can pay 5% at contract signing and the 5% rebate goes straight to the builder.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    In that case you can pay 5% at contract signing and the 5% rebate goes straight to the builder.

Has the builder agreed on this process with you?
    When will you move in?

Has the builder agreed on this process with you?
    When will you move in?

No, we haven't signed yet. But the developer (Mulberryglen) is registered for the scheme, and this is how the scheme operates.

• Advertisement

No, we haven't signed yet. But the developer (Mulberryglen) is registered for the scheme, and this is how the scheme operates.

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Has the builder agreed on this procjess with you?
    When will you move in?

So if you haven't yet signed contracts, you only pay 5% to the builder less the 5,000 booking deposit then the builder receives the remainder from the scheme? Is that how it works?!

So if you haven't yet signed contracts, you only pay 5% to the builder less the 5,000 booking deposit then the builder receives the remainder from the scheme? Is that how it works?!

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

We've already payed the 10% but builder still hasn't returned contracts. (That's almost 3 months ago). I believe there are a few others here in that situation. Anyone any ideas how help to buy works in this case.

It very worrying to be honest.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    We've already payed the 10% but builder still hasn't returned contracts. (That's almost 3 months ago). I believe there are a few others here in that situation. Anyone any ideas how help to buy works in this case.

It very worrying to be honest.

Where are you buying? Estimated ready date?
    Technically if they haven't signed the contract you should be able to ask for your money back from their solicitor. Maybe you can get the contract amended

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Where are you buying? Estimated ready date?
    Technically if they haven't signed the contract you should be able to ask for your money back from their solicitor. Maybe you can get the contract amended

I don't want contract amended. Just signed would be good.
    March.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    I don't want contract amended. Just signed would be good.
    March.

Let me know how you get on. B2 type?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

i am planning to sign the contract end of this week. please advise me on this help to buy scheme. do i need to register revenue before signing the contract? do i need to contact the builder or their solicitor regarding this? my house price is 290000, paid 5000 deposit . means I need to pay only 9500 ( 29000-14500-5000=9500) when signing?

stany79 wrote: »
    i am planning to sign the contract end of this week. please advise me on this help to buy scheme. do i need to register revenue before signing the contract? do i need to contact the builder or their solicitor regarding this? my house price is 290000, paid 5000 deposit . means I need to pay only 9500 ( 29000-14500-5000=9500) when signing?

Nobody has done this before as its a totally new scheme. You can start the process now on ros.ie but you will want your solicitor to work on an ammendment to the contract that rewords the deposit process.

Nobody has done this before as its a totally new scheme. You can start the process now on ros.ie but you will want your solicitor to work on an ammendment to the contract that rewords the deposit process.

without signing the contract, do you think I can register? revenue.ie says it needs the signed contract to proceed. even on earlier posts Pedro says he registered but didn't sign the contract. is this possible?

• Advertisement

without signing the contract, do you think I can register? revenue.ie says it needs the signed contract to proceed. even on earlier posts Pedro says he registered but didn't sign the contract. is this possible?

There are two stages to the scheme:
    1. Submit an application - this will confirm the amount you are eligible for
    2. Make a claim - this is where you submit the signed contracts and revenue process the payment to the builder

If you're eligible for the scheme you shouldn't sign contracts without having applied first, and spoken to your solicitor to get advice on the contracts.

There are two stages to the scheme:
    1. Submit an application - this will confirm the amount you are eligible for
    2. Make a claim - this is where you submit the signed contracts and revenue process the payment to the builder

If you're eligible for the scheme you shouldn't sign contracts without having applied first, and spoken to your solicitor to get advice on the contracts.

hi Pedro, how long it take to finish the first part? few days or?

hi Pedro, how long it take to finish the first part? few days or?

I actually got an instant decision but I don't think that's the experience of most people. We had already done our Form 12s and had P21s for all the years we were claiming, so there was nothing for Revenue to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

RE the Help to Buy scheme, would anyone know if a single application can be submitted even if you are buying the home with your partner and both names will be on the mortgage/deeds?

RE the Help to Buy scheme, would anyone know if a single application can be submitted even if you are buying the home with your partner and both names will be on the mortgage/deeds?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've just done it in my name because it was easier and I was impatient to find out what we would be eligible for but we'll be buying jointly.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've just done it in my name because it was easier and I was impatient to find out what we would be eligible for but we'll be buying jointly.

Where you eligible your own? Did you receive full 5% deposit back?

Where you eligible your own? Did you receive full 5% deposit back?

I was. I haven't purchased yet but will be hopefully signing contracts/paying the deposit in the next fortnight so can let you know then if nobody else tries it in the meantime.

I was. I haven't purchased yet but will be hopefully signing contracts/paying the deposit in the next fortnight so can let you know then if nobody else tries it in the meantime.

hi, I have jointly applied and today I got confirmation from revenue for the full 5% rebate eligibility . do you know what is the next step? I am planning to sign the contract soon, but it says to pay 10% @ signing. so I am confused, do I need to ask them to change deposit option in the contract ? and pay only 5%? is there anyone move further to the claim process?

• Advertisement

hi, I have jointly applied and today I got confirmation from revenue for the full 5% rebate eligibility . do you know what is the next step? I am planning to sign the contract soon, but it says to pay 10% @ signing. so I am confused, do I need to ask them to change deposit option in the contract ? and pay only 5%? is there anyone move further to the claim process?

From what I was told today is you apply at stage 1 which you did, then when builders send back signed contracts you submit a copy to revenue and they pay 5% over to the builder then you pay the rest

Advertisement