Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

From what I was told today is you apply at stage 1 which you did, then when builders send back signed contracts you submit a copy to revenue and they pay 5% over to the builder then you pay the rest

What if you already payed the 10% 3 months ago but still haven't got contracts back. Will revenue pay retrospectively even though the builder didn't sign contract till 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    What if you already payed the 10% 3 months ago but still haven't got contracts back. Will revenue pay retrospectively even though the builder didn't sign contract till 2017?

Our solicitor has requested an ammendment to the contract that the 10% is charged to 5. Additionally we offered that the remaining 5% be held in escrow until the grant payment comes through as security.
    But we offered this as our house is due to be finished April/may and don't want to be left in limbo waiting for the additional 5% to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

mooneyd wrote: »
    AGUSIA1 wrote: »

Our solicitor has requested an ammendment to the contract that the 10% is charged to 5. Additionally we offered that the remaining 5% be held in escrow until the grant payment comes through as security.
    But we offered this as our house is due to be finished April/may and don't want to be left in limbo waiting for the additional 5% to be paid.

We are also April/May and are doing the scheme, can you explain what you mean by offering the remaining 5% as you don't want to be waiting?! Is the 5% refund to the builders not paid on completion of the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

RE the Help to Buy scheme, would anyone know if a single application can be submitted even if you are buying the home with your partner and both names will be on the mortgage/deeds?

I received confirmation from the Revenue: "All parties involved in the purchase must be part of a joint application therefore you must apply together".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I received confirmation from the Revenue: "All parties involved in the purchase must be part of a joint application therefore you must apply together".

Grr. What is the point in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Had another inspection this week and we're very happy with the finish/quality of the house. Still a few outstanding issues but apart from one are all quick to remedy. So hopefully we'll close next week.

Had another inspection this week and we're very happy with the finish/quality of the house. Still a few outstanding issues but apart from one are all quick to remedy. So hopefully we'll close next week.

Great news guys.

Best of luck

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

All the Very Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Congratulations !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Excellent!

We received clarification around the trailing dishwasher socket, if it's fitted into the slot the plug would push the dishwasher forward meaning it wouldn't be flush with the rest of the kitchen.

Also the second grey box in the utility room is where the cat 5 cable for the house comes together, all the blank face plates around the house (in kitchen, sitting room, hallway) feed to that box. The three white boxes outside the house are electricity, cable, and telephone. Does anyone know if there are face plates in the rooms upstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

We received clarification around the trailing dishwasher socket, if it's fitted into the slot the plug would push the dishwasher forward meaning it wouldn't be flush with the rest of the kitchen.

Also the second grey box in the utility room is where the cat 5 cable for the house comes together, all the blank face plates around the house (in kitchen, sitting room, hallway) feed to that box. The three white boxes outside the house are electricity, cable, and telephone. Does anyone know if there are face plates in the rooms upstairs?

Oh wow, I had no idea there was cat 5 cabling in the house. That's great! There's a blank faceplate in the utility room, do you happen to know what's behind it? I'm hoping it's Virgin, so router could go in there connected to the cat 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I hadn't realised that either. We had been coming up with pretty wild ideas for how to run a cable to the upstairs rooms so that is great news!

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I had no idea there was cat 5 cabling in the house. That's great! There's a blank faceplate in the utility room, do you happen to know what's behind it? I'm hoping it's Virgin, so router could go in there connected to the cat 5.

It would be great if it were, but I seriously doubt it. Virgin usually clearly mark there points. They don't conceal them.

Attol wrote: »
    I hadn't realised that either. We had been coming up with pretty wild ideas for how to run a cable to the upstairs rooms so that is great news!

Open web joists are used in the construction of these houses, although still not easy it makes running pipes and wires a lot mor feasible.
    DONT EVER!!! cut or drill one of these joists.

There is a virgin TV connection point/box in the living room and the master bedroom. One of the two boxes outside the front door (it has a weird key to open it) has cable coming in from the road and a splitter feeding cable to those two points in the house.

I'm talking about a B1 here btw, I can't speak for other houses. Going though my photos the only room that lacks the blank plates seems to be the small bedroom upstairs, the room that's most likely to be used for a home office :/

We finally booked our house today. A B1 type house on The Green. Should be ready late Summer.

We finally booked our house today. A B1 type house on The Green. Should be ready late Summer.

Congratulations Pedro.
    Can I ask how much you payed for it?

Prices on line can be very confusing.

Time to play the waiting game now.
    Endless weekends looking at furniture.

• Advertisement

Also the second grey box in the utility room is where the cat 5 cable for the house comes together, all the blank face plates around the house (in kitchen, sitting room, hallway) feed to that box.

This is wonderful news! I asked for this and was told no the house couldn't be fitted for cat5+ I asked could we send in our own people and were told no. I asked what these blanking plates were for and they said additional plugs.

Its wonderful news but I have to say SF really just seem to not have a clue
    I'm talking about a B1 here btw, I can't speak for other houses. Going though my photos the only room that lacks the blank plates seems to be the small bedroom upstairs, the room that's most likely to be used for a home office :/

Was just thinking the same thing

It's just cabling and doesn't connect to a network.
    You will have your eircom/virgin from the router plug it into the blank. This will then run to a hub in the utility room(by the sounds of it) and to the other rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

Hello everyone congrats to all who have bought I actually only heard of this thread at the weekend when out in HW, have also bought

Just spent the last wile reading through and catching up great to see a sense of community in people helping and sharing of info.

I too have been thinking about tap/side gate
    The junction boxs in the walls that are blank are more then likely covering coaxial cable, there are 2 point in the house for virgin but the second bed room in the b4 and kitchen have plates on the wall. If you look at the utility boxs on the outside of the house there is actually 4 cables installed.

I have seen people talking about CAT5/6 cabling can anyone explain what this would be used for (have always had wireless in my house and never needed anything els)

scribe_1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone congrats to all who have bought I actually only heard of this thread at the weekend when out in HW, have also bought

Just spent the last wile reading through and catching up great to see a sense of community in people helping and sharing of info.

I too have been thinking about tap/side gate
    The junction boxs in the walls that are blank are more then likely covering coaxial cable, there are 2 point in the house for virgin but the second bed room in the b4 and kitchen have plates on the wall. If you look at the utility boxs on the outside of the house there is actually 4 cables installed.

I have seen people talking about CAT5/6 cabling can anyone explain what this would be used for (have always had wireless in my house and never needed anything els)

CCTV and personal preference I personally hate using wifi for anything other thab casual browsing and if you're a virgin customer you have the terrible wifi signal from the horizon box.

Welcome to the neighbourhood. Where did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

mooneyd wrote: »
    CCTV and personal preference I personally hate using wifi for anything other thab casual browsing and if you're a virgin customer you have the terrible wifi signal from the horizon box.

Welcome to the neighbourhood. Where did you buy?
    Ah now i get the use of it to set up a network

Well be on the Lawn as the other posts in the thread SF are about as usefull as a chocolate tea pot, hope to be called for snagging next week but never know at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Just got VM checked the grey box in the utility room today, there are around 15 cables in the grey box, which connected to all rooms, they are not cat 5/6 type cables, you need One VM router for wired connection per room, of course with extra cost.

dannybi wrote: »
    Just got VM checked the grey box in the utility room today, there are around 15 cables in the grey box, which connected to all rooms, they are not cat 5/6 type cables, you need One VM router for wired connection per room, of course with extra cost.

Would you be able to post a picture of the inside of the box? Any idea what it's for if it's not cat 5/6?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Would you be able to post a picture of the inside of the box? Any idea what it's for if it's not cat 5/6?

I think that cable are the pre-wiring for alarm

lunamia wrote: »
    I think that cable are the pre-wiring for alarm

Houses are not wired for alarm. Wish they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Hi guys we just moved into our house this week. I just noticed that we were left a kickboard short for where dishwasher is meant to go, we have the door for the integration though. Anybody else in same boat?

Anybody know who supplied the kitchens?

• Advertisement

Should you not ask the builder to supply it? They probably have a stack of them somewhere.

Advertisement